Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    Looks so much tastier than the oven-roasted that ends up soggy and wilted
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    I so enjoy your meal posts. How you organize your food prep - how you manage to eat relatively high calorie foods - in small portions! Wow. That is something so alien to me. It is good to see how it is done.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    And that zuchinni looks delicious.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I don't have a choice because all the vegetables that most people use to bulk a meal out to volume eat make me apologize for existing if I eat them. (grin) So small portions, and your body gets used to it. I can gain but to do it I have to nibble constantly, so if I eat the three meals about the same size and about the right calorie count, I lose.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good work, Alexandra. I tend to volume eat and I know it would be beneficial if I learned to reduce my portions - but so far no go.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yes - it sort of normalizes what a reasonable portion is. I found that last image with the fettucine and alfredo sauce fascinating.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I go mostly for volume I think…..last night I used my chicken thighs in a cacciatore….I fixed johns over spaghetti and I had mine with zucchini…..it was delicious but I probably had 3 cups of it….I could have eaten less but it was too good to stop!…

Yesterday I bought some ground Turkey ( I never use ground Turkey SMH ) but I am determined to lower my fats and lose more weight…now the question is, what am I going to make with it?….I am thinking maybe a Cuban Piccadilly ( sp ) or some kind of casserole…
    Options

Yesterday I bought some ground Turkey ( I never use ground Turkey SMH ) but I am determined to lower my fats and lose more weight…now the question is, what am I going to make with it?….I am thinking maybe a Cuban Piccadilly ( sp ) or some kind of casserole…

I find ground turkey to be pretty dry, so what I do a lot of times is to mix it with another meat and that way I get more protein for less total fat. I do that with Italian sausage for my pizza, and fry them up together. The turkey gets all the flavor of the Italian sausage, and I get enough meat to be happy, but that stretches it nicely, and I can't tell when I eat it.

Options
    Looks like today I will be making a new quichecake, since we have started on the steak one, and I like having one in the freezer to just thaw overnight and start on the following morning.

The next one will be pulled beef, green and red pepper and onions grilled, and Mexican spicing. I may stir some salsa into the batter. Boyfriend and Girlfriend both love Mexican food, so this will be popular. I did the pulled beef some time ago and put it up in packets, and I have a packet of that and a block of cream cheese thawed out and at room temperature. Working with cold cream cheese is an exercise in frustration. Just need to go get another dozen eggs out of the secondary fridge.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    So instead of slicing rounds I'll maybe quarter the zoo your way next time and I still have two! I too found the pan fried better
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey? I am wondering if that is what we call Turkey mince? Makes a great turkey bake with onion, tinned toms, green peppers & courgettes (bit of grated cheese on top, of course 😬 🐹)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to go buy some pork chops and save the turkey for another night….I am not feeling creative!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    I find that ground turkey can be substituted for ground beef in most recipes. Bit drier and lighter in color. But for casseroles, meatloaf, meatballs, tacos etc. it’s fine because it’s seasoned anyway.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm eating a most terrible lunch...my fridge seems to have gone a bit crazy and for some reason I thought eating a salad of frozen (still frozen not soggy thawed) field greens with slices of frozen cucumber and fresh from the store (not frozen!) peppers and strawberries would work.

:(

But, I didn't have time or chutzpah to go back to the store for not frozen greens.

Supper will be better!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    frozen greens... is interesting... are you guys snowing? we've been snowed, but not as badly as many other places I hear. Wet coast was getting hailed... I was told 4 times yesterday after I complained about the snow!
    Options
    Alas for terrible lunches. I didn't take a picture of mine, but it was a simple hamburger on a white hamburger bun and a single-serve package of Fritos. But I promise to take a picture of the crab cake plates tonight for you all.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Well we didn’t have tubs for tea! They were not defrosted - not sure if I am relieved or not! Will have them tomorrow. Turned out OH is delayed with work and will get them to sub his tea. I had leftover veggie rice with some flalafels and Nandos Lemon & Herb sauce, that was okay. Fancied a sweet so had a strawberry yoghurt. Calories to spare, but was bit over yesterday, sinit’ll even things out …. Probably🐹