Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    @Yoolypr ((hugz)) Any chance you may be coming down with any of the evil viruses? (tired part)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    No don’t think so. I’ve had two vaccines and two booster shots!

I think I’m just tired from poor sleep. Left hip and right shoulder very achy so I can’t move without something hurting. Maybe I got too enthusiastic in the gym? It just seemed to get bad suddenly for no apparent reason. Geezerhood!

I’m going back to the ortho guy soon. Don’t want to accept that this is as good as it gets for me.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wow - that’s some dazzling cooking! I’m coming to your house.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Those dishes of food look good!…..especially the spaghetti sauce one!….( I don’t like Alfredo sauce )
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Those dishes of food look good!…..especially the spaghetti sauce one!….( I don’t like Alfredo sauce )

Oldest son doesn't, but it's pretty easy to get a jar out and make him some spaghetti, especially since I have meatballs in the freezer in individual serving packages.

You eat with your eyes first, and why not make it pretty, I say.

Son is currently out fighting with the lawnmower. He was going to mow yesterday, but it snowed.

Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Wow - that’s some dazzling cooking! I’m coming to your house.

I love to feed people, so you would be welcome. Just enough warning to make enough for an extra portion is all that's needed.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    Alexandra - your meal prep and presentation is always such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing.

My supper today is way up in the air - I'm hosting a book launch in the big smoke this evening (Toronto) and will eat something there....not sure what yet...but it will no doubt come with a beer :)

This book is a two and a half year project that turned into a "last minute emergency" thing at the beginning of April. It has just about sent me over the edge the past few weeks. But it is done :) with only minimum mistakes. Can't wait for the deep sigh that will come when I get home tonight and cuddle on the couch with my sweet four-legged girl.
    And, I will have a rental car that I don't need to return until tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I'll take a run to Value Village (our largest thrift store chain) tomorrow morning and pick up some things to wear now that it is warming up. Well fitting clothes rather than kicking myself everyday for having gained weight will be good for my spirit.
    I'm so tired of the self hate that comes with too-tight clothes. Self recriminations don't bring inspiration to eat well. Loose pants make me feel skinnier...and that makes me feel so happy I just want to keep on eating light and healthy to get even skinnier. Oh the irony :)
    Options
    Today is everyone else's favorite meal, which takes all afternoon. It's tasty, but I don't get excited the way they do, lol.

Made the filling for the crab rangoon, and it's in the fridge melding for a bit while I sit down. Fortunately the country pork ribs are in the marinade already, as I found freezing them in the marinade gives better flavor penetration. (Plus it makes prep easier.) I do those in quantity; the marinade makes enough for two bags of chops, and that gives us one rib per person. These are not small cuts of meat, and I know from experience one is quite enough. So instead of needing to make marinade, I just got the bag out of the freezer. I also need to make some rice this morning because we're low on the rice pilaf packets. It's laundry day so it's a good day to do small jobs.

Unfortunately my feet are blaming me for Mother Nature's emotional disregulation lately, and so I am going to have to balance getting things done with not getting myself into tears of pain again. The problem is that a lot of the pain is fibro, not the arthritis, and the fibro pain is quite real, it's just not reporting on an actual problem. A body hallucination, if you will. And I have to wait til it goes away. (sigh)
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Pizza out of freezer for tea! Quick and easy!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You're ahead of the pack! :wink:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Laurie when you have a minute... share about this book deal?!?!?!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Cuddling with the girl on the couch :) Dinner was a beer and a donut :D plus one on the way in to the city (so much fun having a car and going through the drive through :)

I will tell you about the book deal - yes!!!! - tomorrow - must cuddle with furry one :)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    We had double crisped pulled pork - i.e. a pork shoulder joint, all fat removed, cooked in water in the Instant Pot for 70 minutes + natural pressure release...then shredded...then dry fried in a frying pan so that it went extra dry and crispy (like crispy duck)....served in a soft roll with reggae reggae sauce and Asian slaw (shredded red cabbage, finely chopped spring onion, julienned carrot and julienned apple dressed with a zingy mouth-puckering dressing made with red chilli, lime juice, fresh ginger and rice wine vinegar).

Delicious.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Wow Bella! Beats frozen veggies and frozen lasagna! 🤔 Well, I DID warm them up first!!!🤣
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Bella’s meal beats my tuna salad on a bed of lettuce! I threw some hot sauce on it to give it some zing.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    that slaw sounds pretty darned delicious!!!!!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    do smart sweet gummy bears count as bunnies?!?!?!?! :blush: I was "forced" to have a bag!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    do smart sweet gummy bears count as bunnies?!?!?!?! :blush: I was "forced" to have a bag!

I don't think so, PAV, not unless they are gummy bunnies. Sorry :(