Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    good night!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    What an angel/devil friend! But life is for living and when treasures appear it would be such a shame to look the other way. The measure of your continued success is how well you balance pleasure with keeping your eye on the prize. I have complete faith in your ability to pull this off without breaking stride.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Tried to take a pic of tea, but MFP not playing or else I have broken it …..😬 🤫 Too late now, scoffed it!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good job, Bella! I knew you would pull this off.

SO, ATKI - YOU ARE THE ONE WHO HAS BROKEN MFP!!!!! :D
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I think my mood is explained by my day.
    Wake up and take Boyfriend to work. Discover it is that time of the month. Go visit his parents, go back home. Go back to bed for four hours. Get up. Eat leftover pasta in fridge. Go back to bed for two hours. Remind self you have to go pick him up, and have more hot tea to wake up. Put dinner in the oven. Go get him. Feed them a good dinner. Have more leftover pasta and two chocolate bars. Get ready to say "Eff it all" and get in a hot bath and go to bed two hours early.

There will be fudge before the bath. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Protein powder fudge? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🙀😘
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Supper tonight (I get to eat supper tonight because I didn't use up all my calories on an impulsive overindulgence today) is a ??? southwest egg foo yung? Not really an omelette but some leftover potatoes, lots of broccolli (185 g) orange pepper and red onion sprinkled with chipotle seasoning - lightly sauteed and then I added 2 beaten eggs to the pan and stirred it all up until the eggs were done, with lots of sriracha sprinkled on top. Filling and pretty good tasting :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options

Tonight is General Tso's Pork. We like it better on pork than on chicken, so we have it that way instead.

How do you make your sauce for this? I have not found one I like yet.
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Very good, Alexandra. Hope if brought relief.

Here again - no idea for tonight's supper. But let's make a plan :)
    Those last few veggie dogs and the rest of the broccoli in the fridge, maybe a carrot for colour?, some little baby potato gems.
    Woohoo! Exciting or what???? :D

I bought lots of veggies to make a batch of "pasta" sauce. Maybe I'll get that going today. I think the crazy work overload is slowing down for a few days B) Bought ten pounds of beets too...hmmm? Maybe roast them? Boil them? Soup them? something??? ... and then single serving them into the freezer too.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Why not use the dogs in the pasta sauce? And then have them over spiralized beets if you can swing that???? :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That could be an idea - but I have to get rid of that broccoli and the handful of potato gems that are starting to shrivel slightly and with sauce it would all be too much :) my pasta sauce includes beans and is relatively calorie heavy (for pasta sauce :) ) but not really because usually it serves as the protein part of the meal too ... and I don't have a spiralizer - so these beets are just getting processed for future use as a side rather than an under - I couldnt resist them though because they were on sale for an un-pass-up-able price.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Could do dog in pasta sauce! Mutt is mental & slowly driving me mad! Next door’s adopted (traumatised) cat had a right mouthful today as well as a poor delivery guy - delivering her dog food… she has been nattering at me all day!
    Tonight is leftovers, but my copy of Southern - baked chicken, an overdose of salad & a potato salad thingywith yoghurt, chives & cornichons.
    Trying a bit of an experiment… trying to maximise my evening meal calories and trying to maximise fibre & protein to stem hunger! Will see how this pans out!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Here's a trixy for you Atki: you can always have a bunny (my ambrosias are close to 200 gr and well over two bunnies but braeburns are smaller, aren't they?) Anyway: you can have an apple bunny as you're prepping the food... when I was at a deficit having that relatively carb heavy boost about 20-30 minutes ahead of the rest of the meal, I think, helped me feel "content" with fewer calories as opposed to going straight into the main meal without that little something ahead of time to trick me a bit :wink:

Love potato salad with greek yogurt... you can also try adding mustard powder to your potato salad, or curry, of course, for variation!

R U saying your mutt dined on cat?!?!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »

Tonight is General Tso's Pork. We like it better on pork than on chicken, so we have it that way instead.

How do you make your sauce for this? I have not found one I like yet.

Here's the sauce that we use.
    2 tsp. grapeseed oil
    1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
    1 1/2 Tablespoons white vinegar
    3 Tablespoons soy sauce
    2 Tablespoons white wine
    3 Tablespoons Splenda
    2 Tablespoons cornstarch.
    Water to make two cups liquid.

In a skillet, warm the oil with the red pepper flakes. Mix the other ingredients together and add once the oil is warm. Bring to a boil, and toss the breaded chicken pieces in the warm sauce before plating. Garnish with chopped green onion tops. I serve it with rice (2 oz for me) and either steamed broccoli or the "Asian vegetable mix" I get in a bag at Kroger.

Am happy to give out recipes for anything else I do. I don't know how authentic they are but they are very tasty!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    PAV you are allowed to mix peas and mashed potatoes but not green beans!