Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Not my fault, ever! :innocent: I am blaming @Yoolypr for MAKING me make this for CONNIE!!!! :smirk:

sp99w8mdkbit.jpg

And here are the Canadian and European labels! (isn't the European one soooo much cuter?) :wink:

61tildow9wh1.png

c0wpdrr85bt5.png
    And it is ELEVEN AND A HALF BUNNIES!!!!! :smiley:

Will I wait until it cools before digging in?!?!?! :anguished:
    Of course not!

Hmm: cool down and either chili flakes or sriracha and this will be even better and it is already good! Possibly curry powder would work. I really need to get some... hey maybe a dash of worcestershire sauce... hmmm..... :lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    PAV - that in no way resembles the recipe I posted for cucumber potato salad. No egg, no yogurt, no cauliflower in my salad. But looks interesting and if it makes you happy 👍
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Oh Alec, you need so much help in the kitchen!….what Yoolypr posted sounded great….what you made, not so much!

I got John orange chicken at Panda Express and I ordered a Chicken Teriyaki with no sauce….I came home and weighed 5 oz. of it and put it on a mega huge salad with my bleu cheese and pecans….followed by coffee and 2 chocolate chip Fiber One bars….my tummy said, “ thank you “….I needed food!…I worked like a dog today!
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Pffft... you're just jelly of my eleven and a half bunnies Connie! And it is yum! :tongue:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    no way resembles the recipe I posted for cucumber potato salad
    Yooly, I will concede the lack of resemblance to your RECIPE, if you concede that my "recipe" also uses potato and mustard in a salad! Think of them as a brother and a sister from different mothers and another father! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Will concede yours is indeed a potato salad! Did you eat that entire container in the picture? Looked like it could feed a family of 4. Glad you enjoyed it and had a new food adventure. 👍
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    We are very fond of a nice mild korma-style curry. Especially with lamb in it. Which reminds me I have lamb to grind and make into a gyro loaf today.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    N
    sp99w8mdkbit.jpg

This looks delicious! If it really does taste as good as it looks you deserve a medal, PAV. These are some amazing food replacements. Cauliflower?! Plain greek yogurt?!
    I'ma going to try this...maybe even today...maybe even warm...it is rainy here and I'm tired from two days of The Boy so a big bowl full of comfort food sounds perfect.

So - the cauliflower - did you add the frozen cauliflower to your mix when were were stirring it all up and let the hot potatoes thaw? Or did you actually cook it?

Chili flakes....mmmmm.....

Maybe some little baby cucumbers on the side with a nod to Yooly.

Maybe some fresh dill?????
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    That potato salad looks fancy! Tea tonight is bangers and mash with two bunnies and onion gravy… Because sometimes sausages are a must .. and I forgot to take the beef joint out of the freezer! ….🥴
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Laurie your palate is almost as peculiar as PAV…
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    :D

Almost

Fishwater 🫣
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Pffft. If you gals don't experiment how will you know???

We now know that cauliflower potato salad (and cauli mash and cauli) rice can all work! Cauli brownies... not quite! Really! Do not quite smell right🤣 Sweet potato brownies? All-in! 😎

@Yoolypr ... yesterday I was at a ~500 deficit and I still consumed 2531 Cal. (Fitbit burn 3123 by giving Laurie a run for her money with the mutt and the once a decade cleaning!)

The family of four was lunch and dinner with 54g (two slices) of light rye per session. With the sriracha I blended in in the evening when I run a knife through to get the bigger pieces more size harmonized and better blended, it was all under 1300Cal!

The rest of the calories were split between two clif bars, and, more importantly, since I was so full from the salad, to no more than 174g of the "Sawsan attack" which was like a mini sausage roll filled with dates and walnuts and who knows what terrible things! I logged them as 50% mincemeat pie and 50% pecan pie🤷🏻‍♂️

I wouldn't have survived the evil downstairs a few years back!!!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,784 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was a bacon buttie (bacon air fried until crispy and snappable) on squidgy granary bread, followed by my usual prunes.

Lunch was a protein shake because I had a turbo ride planned for straight afterwards so I didn't want anything too heavy in my stomach...full fat greek yoghurt/blueberries/raspberries/banana/avocado/10g peanut butter/25g scoop of chocolate peanut cookie flavour vegan wondershake. Yummy, filling and easily digestible. Crammed with protein, fat AND fibre.

Dinner was minced beef and onions slowly cooked in rich gravy, with boiled spuddies and a mountain of steamed veggies.

And sporadic pieces of fruit to ramp up the bunny tally.

That's it...no more calories left.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds 🐰🐇🐰 😻 your ride etc, you've assigned extra Cal's, right?
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Yessiree.

Hence the avocado, peanut butter, full fat yoghurt etc.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Pav, I noticed above you use Cronometer for your recipes...I’ve just started logging into Cronometer...though I’m still logging 75% of my intake here too as a cross-check until I’ve assessed Cronometer’s accuracy.

I’m very impressed with it so far (though I wish it allowed me to assign times/meals to my intake.) Do you like it?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I’m very impressed with it so far (though I wish it allowed me to assign times/meals to my intake.) Do you like it?

Not an absolute improvement as missing a lot and I end up finding something close or making entries... so there's good stuff for MFP.

But the deal breaker for me was MFP no longer keeping logging data past two years for non premium accounts and not allowing official and easy export of logged data. And the workarounds were painful to implement.

I mean fitbit has almost made it on my *kitten* list for forcing export to be a month at a time. MFP's attitude was just NOT acceptable to me. They are MY data and they belong to me. If we can't agree to that...

I had paid the small one time amount for no ads for crono on the phone (a very good investment) years ago... and that tilted the favour to crono... and it is working fairly well, integration with fitbit no worries, one very brief and small outage on a Sunday for a few hours as opposed to constantly with MFPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .... :wink:
  • Bella_Figura
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Are you sure? This is a day, selected at random, from my 2012/2013/2014 logging...all my entries are still there but I'm not (and never have been) a Premium member.

agqn7iiaguam.png
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Same here. Never a premium member and have all my info for the last three years.