Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Check posts and support articles. Could be it's random? Could be that there was a cut off? Could be that they wanted to cover up a database loss or perform a database repair? When I'm at a non phone I'll maybe try to post a link
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,732 Member
    Don't disbelieve you, but looks like I'm one of the lucky ones whose data slipped through the delete net.
  • PAV8888
    In fact I believe it's a closed discussion where I had laid it in pretty thick that they should allow for official export before deleting people's data in the suggestion or what have you thread
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,732 Member
    Maybe you convinced them to leave the data alone? Maybe we have you to thank for still being data-rich?

Yay, thanks Pav!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,813 Member
    Maybe it was the revenge of the IT guys. They only deleted PAV?
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,598 Member
    Okay - so I made PAV's potato salad - and I give it 5 thumbs up. Tasty, ridiculously filling, lots of bunnies and protein. Modified it a bit - a la PAV (otherwise it wouldn't be PAVs Potato Salad). But this recipe is definitely a keeper.
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    OK... like MFPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

So, based on Bella's and Yooly's insistence.... I was obviously a member of MFP in a different universe in some place far far away?

There is no mention of the "two years" anywhere that I can find! My previously NOT accessible logs from 2014.... ARE now accessible!

I can still only finagle about 62 days at a time for an export using the view complete report printable feature. But it beats the less than 45 days that I was getting near the "end" when I was trying to actually export them.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Tomorrow's meat will be taken out tonight. Pork chops, I believe. I'll look at the menu I just posted.

I made myself orange cranberry muffins with yogurt and vanilla sugar in them. That will be nice tomorrow morning.

We had pepper steak with rice, egg rolls, and crab rangoon for dinner. It was very very good. I have a good sauce/marinade blend worked out now and it makes the meat amazingly tender and good.
  • PAV8888
    Okay - so I made PAV's potato salad - and I give it 5 thumbs up. Tasty, ridiculously filling, lots of bunnies and protein. Modified it a bit - a la PAV (otherwise it wouldn't be PAVs Potato Salad). But this recipe is definitely a keeper.

I wanted to report too, that under threat of the already delivered 103g of freshly made baklava... I wanted to see about creating version 2 of "ALMOST Yoolie's potato salad from a different mother and another father!"--as enhanced by Laurie's ideas and perfected by PAV, of course!!!

Equal amounts of boiled potato, boiled cauli, and 0% Greek Yogurt (333g, each). 3 hard boiled eggs (144g cooked), 111g pickled onions, 102g sweet green relish!, 60g yellow mustard, 35g sriracha, 9g garlic powder, 8g onion powder, 7g veggie knorr powder. ~1400g and ~1050 Cal.

BURP.
  • PAV8888
    Tomorrow's meat will be taken out tonight. Pork chops, I believe. I'll look at the menu I just posted.

I made myself orange cranberry muffins with yogurt and vanilla sugar in them. That will be nice tomorrow morning.

We had pepper steak with rice, egg rolls, and crab rangoon for dinner. It was very very good. I have a good sauce/marinade blend worked out now and it makes the meat amazingly tender and good.

I don't trust me near muffins :blush:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I make great light potato salad using normal ingredients!….2 servings…..10 oz. Potatoes,1 egg,2 sweet pickles,diced celery and onion,mustard,pepper and parsley leaves,and 3 T. of light mayonaise….it is a big portion and no “ surprises” in it!

Shaking my head
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,598 Member
    Connie - the cauliflower is really worth trying. It almost magically turns into potato in the potato salad - with 1/3 the calories. The Greek yoghurt was a welcome creaminess (I eliminated mayo from the fridge years ago and don't want to get started on that front again :) ).

I'm still thinking I haven't quite pushed the different ingredients as far as they can go/in the right direction I'm trying to make a western style potato salad with "healthier" easter ingredients. Maybe should think more of eastern flavours too? I'm thinking more along the lines of tzatziki? Which will bring us full circle to Yooly's posted salad?
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Tea is salmon and roasted veggies, baked in a bought lime & chilli sauce with berries & ginger yoghurt. Just me & OH so no pressure for a Bank Holiday roast. 🤗
  • conniewilkins56
    Tonight is food fit for a bunny!….diced roasted leftover boiled potatoes, fresh asparagus, green salad and corn on the cob….a very small portion of turkey kielbasa to add some protein….dessert is a large mug of coffee and a Pamela’s Whenever chocolate/ coconut oatmeal cookie bar!…..if you haven’t tried Pamela’s Whenever bars, they have 180 calories of pure yumminess!….
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2022
    You go Connie! Woohoo!

So it's totally 🐹 boggling how two people can eat the same thing and find totally different parts of it satiating and/or satisfying.

I like corn, don't get me wrong. I used to make a pot of mash, add corn, and happily munch away. One of my favorites. As are still corn on the cob on the BBQ!

But then I sat there and compared (and it's funny because it was turkey kielbasa from Walmart and corn in my mash that day) and decided that corn was too expensive to be in my daily driver list!!

I would rather add extra kielbasa or chicken or what have you and substitute out the corn for a lower cal and higher quantity of other veggies: Carrots, green beans, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, broccoli, cauli, etc

Or that if I was going to pay the caloric price of corn I would use peas instead which doubleup as a protein source (edamame/soya would also be in the same group for those so inclined)

I still love corn on the cob but it's in the "for when I crave" as opposed to "a great staple for the daily arsenal" category for me!!!!🤷🏻‍♂️

Which goes to show how differently we appreciate the same foods! And also the totally different trade offs we're willing to make. Garfield and Alexandria going for small but super tasty plates... me looking for lower caloric density to mitigate the damage when I (inevitably) end up going overboard in terms of quantity!🐹🤷🏻‍♂️
  • conniewilkins56
    We are in the height of our vegetable season….we have lots fresh here year round nut berry season is almost over…corn and melons are fresh now….I usually cook an extra ear of corn to MIX ( yes, mix ) with black beans….I cut the kernels off and don’t just throw the entire cob in Willy Nillie !….
  • PAV8888
    Mix? Like touching??????🐹🤯🤔
  • conniewilkins56
    I think mixing and touching are different!
  • conniewilkins56
    Doesn’t matter anyway, my daughter ate the left over ear lol