Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    Yooly's flowers are awesome
    Only my third one is ok. Dangers of posting while walking and wearing dark glasses 😎
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Actually it’s not the best bluebonnet year due to several freezes and the previous year’s snowmaggedon. But it is lovely driving down the highway in a blur of blue. My front lawn is half bluebonnets. Best part is they seed themselves and spread easily. No maintenance required because they’re native plants. Soon they’ll be mixed with orange Indian paintbrush, pink buttercups and yellow Mexican hat flowers as the season continues. Once the heat of summer begins though it’s cactus and dry brown grass.

Today hubby is preparing pork chops in the air fryer, broccoli, sweet potatoes and the usual side salad.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Not sure what's for supper today - and the worst part is I've invited two friends over for dinner before we go to a concert tonight (live music is all I really missed during the pandemic - so happy to have these opportunities again!).

What shall I make?????? At least they are both vegetarian leaning/friendly.

I'll report back later.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I think I'm going to make Dante's Greek green bean and olive oil stew 🙂

It seems perfect for an almost spring day.
  • lauriekallis
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Dinner smells delicious and everything is on board for my little gathering tonight except that I thought some baklava would be a nice finish to the meal and it only came in a too generous sized box...I put some out on a serving dish...wrapped up the package and tucked it away... And then kept on stealing one until there were no more left in that tucked away package. 😕
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Glad to see you! Maybe I missed but did boy get another new job, is this the one that didn't start out 100% perfectly?
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    I’ve missed you here Alexandra! Hope you’re on the wat to getting some equilibrium in your life.

Could the thyroid meds be helping with the hunger control?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    I’ve missed you here Alexandra! Hope you’re on the wat to getting some equilibrium in your life.

Could the thyroid meds be helping with the hunger control?

They might be. It could be the Prozac that is doing everything from putting a floor under my low moments to settling my gut down somewhat to easing the fibro pain. It could be that I'm more sensitive to the amphetamine I take daily. (shrug) I dunno. But it's NICE. I know it's not the amphetamine because I take an absurdly tiny weird dose (and I know it's weird because they always have to special order it at the pharmacy) and within the last three months I have taken it, had dinner, and then proceeded to piece all evening. (I can also go to sleep on it. TINY dose. But it makes all the difference in my executive function.)
    Options
    Next week's menu, for those interested:
    Monday: Chicken and Jalapeno Quesadillas.
    Chicken Parmesan, pasta marinara, pan-seared zucchini, garlic bread.

Tuesday: Street tacos al pastor or carne asada
    Chicken bacon alfredo fettucini with broccoli, garlic bread.

Wednesday: Hamburgers/cheeseburgers to order, chips.
    Crab cake, wild rice pilaf, asparagus au beurre noir, bread roll.

Thursday: Pulled pork sandwich or wrap, chips.
    Sweet and sour pork or chicken, mixed Asian vegetables, white rice.

Friday: Patty melt, chips.
    Tacos, hard or soft, rice and beans.

Saturday: Chicken patty sandwiches, chips.
    Beef stroganoff, pan-seared zucchini, bread roll.

Sunday: Walking burrito or leftover cleanup.
    Cashew chicken, white rice, egg roll with choice of dipping sauce.

As always I provide recipes.

Once he goes back to work I'll add in a mention of what he's taking to work. He gets more calories and less carbs than I do, so whenever you see pasta, he's probably having the meat and sauce on the vegetable, with no pasta involved. I'm usually not having the vegetable because either I don't like it or it doesn't like me.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Bunny post bunny post bunny post!….please
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    But Connie, Alexandra cannot do multi-bunnies because of all the vegetables that hate her! It IS unfortunate because I would LOVE to see her post more!

**And, unbeknownst to me at the time... this was my actual MFP post #10,000 :blush: :

Oh, I can cook them well. I just can't eat them.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    So nice to see you again Alexandra ❤️

The freezer wouldn't have helped with my baklava they were gone before the guests even arrived before they would have ever frozen if I had put them in the freezer.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    While preparing a Marie Calender lasagna and salad yesterday (because dad believes that if he sees it come out of the microwave first it is inferior to spending an hour in the oven), I made some onion, sausage, 1kg frozen veggies and a jar of Classico 🤔

Tastes good on its own, but you know who is muttering about eating it over pasta or rice. Sigh.

Thinking whether I want to split it and add more tomato and possibly meat to mine while delivering the rest as described 🤔🤔🤔

Bunnies are good though I haven't been as diligent as in the past in estimating the precise bunny content % by ingredient weight! 🙀
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Would oven not work for that? I think my MFP friend zinka does that often with oven. Or are you reaching higher temperatures with the cast iron pan?
    Options
    I like the control I have with the pan. And often my oven is being used for either garlic bread or holding things warm at 200 degrees while I make the rest of the meal. Plus I can do it in five minutes while everything is coming together.

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    You all know how I don’t like most of my food touching….well, here is another fun fact or two lol….I had never tasted Zuchinni until about 2 years ago and now I really like it….the same with asparagus, sweet potatoes, and real mayonaise!….all I ever wanted to eat was the same foods and never tried anything new or something I hadn’t eaten growing up!….raw spinach, blueberries,Greek yogurt,kiwi,and bagels ( yes, bagels ), and real butter, and creme cheese were foods I never ate!…never even tasted!…see you can teach an old dog new tricks!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Woof! Just be careful that you don't start to shake a paw too!

Now, woofy... not sure how well real mayo, butter, and cream cheese go with the low saturated fats, and I'm fairly sure none of the above, nor bagels would mostly qualify for most of us on the low calories front! Trust me, I eat bagels, and butter regularly and cream cheese on occasion... but low calorie bargains I wouldn't call them!

On the plus side, old woofy or not, you're one smart cookie (hmmm.... cookies don't qualify neither)

I am thinking I'll get some zoo's and try the Alexandria method...