Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Lahm bi Ajeen from downstairs! 300g Plus a good 600g salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, green beans (cause that's what I had!), and banana peppers!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,672 Member
    Options
    That is a very interesting sounding salad, PAV. Did you use pepper juice as dressing/for flavour or something else?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That is a very interesting sounding salad, PAV. Did you use pepper juice as dressing/for flavour or something else?

Just lemon actually. Peppers were there for... some heat and salt without using salt!

That stuff was good... the $2.00 300g grab bag of belgian cookies at 1600 Cal? Not as good!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    700g tomato, cucumber, lettuce, onion, banane pepper, red wine vinegar, lemon pepper seasoning salad! 201g canned sockeye salmon... a slice of bread.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Trying to navigate the antibiotic bombs I’m taking. Not much raw stuff, no hot spices, not much coffee, no acidic stuff…. Makes for a bland unhappy meal! Only another 10 days.

Unlike most people, I haven’t lost my appetite which could have been a bonus. But no, I still have the munchies.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You are made of healthy stock, Yooly! Your body isn't going to let you starve for no reason.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    No c o f f f e e ???????????🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I would get a second opinion 🤬🤬🤬
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Boiled a dozen eggs. The bring to hard boil, turn off and leave 10 to 15 minutes method before plunging in cold water

Luckily the turn off portion of the plan took place.... and the water was cold to the touch with no plunging involved a couple of hours later...... 🙈🤷🏻‍♂️
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Still reminded that plain baby potatoes ARE a good deal.

Heading towards a potato egg yogurt salad to maximize goodness and not worry about food groups today 😹

Last night came back and instead of eating chocolate nuked 400g of baby potatoes at just under 300 Cal. The girl had about 10% and I had the rest with lemon pepper and oregano and some garlic powder and some fork smashing 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe 8g butter too 👍
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh there’s coffee light and but not my usual 4 cups. Mercifully it’s temporary. I hope.

The potato salad sound good and filling 🥔🥚. And it’s better for you than a chocolate binge. You got some food groups there - protein, veggies, dairy, a little fat to make it smooth. What could be better?

Dante mentioned a spice/seasoning on his potato salad. Bukovo? Any idea what that is?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    We had pizza, because it's Wednesday night. I make us individual pizzas. I have deluxe, and Girlfriend has triple meat with black olives. Boyfriend can't have pizza after his WLS, so he had a nice piece of baked tilapia with Mexican spices, with Mexican rice, refried beans, pico de gallo, and sour cream.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Dante mentioned a spice/seasoning on his potato salad. Bukovo? Any idea what that is?

crushed red pepper
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Bukovo - I have lots of that. Hubby is Italian so red pepper flakes fly liberally around here!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Yep, it's essentially red pepper flakes, they spice up every dish while providing some color too. I like spicy stuff, so I put them in almost everything.. :D

EX1oBSh.jpg

Today is another raid on the freezer, took some green bean stew out (apparently I had a different batch in there too, totally forgot). A quick chicken leg on the grill/air, and here we go!

The beans on that one were from the village, so much, much yummier! :)
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 2022
    Options
    So what’s on the beans? Assume they’re green beans or some exotic variety? I see the pepper flakes - love the spicy foods too. 😋 But the dark sauce is the mystery…….

I am still searching for the rusk bread but I may have to break down and make it myself. Sometimes you just need some good crunchy chewy additions to the meal. Never could get into smoothies as a meal because there’s no chew there. Very unsatisfactory for me.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    I like chew too. And crunch. Never have gotten into a mushy texture.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That is the only think I miss about meat. The chew. Hard to replace (though possible).
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    So what’s on the beans? Assume they’re green beans or some exotic variety? I see the pepper flakes - love the spicy foods too. 😋 But the dark sauce is the mystery…

It's essentially this recipe, without the potatoes.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/46225810/#Comment_46225810

The sauce is the same, it's the green bean variety that is simply a little darker looking.

• PAV8888
    edited August 2022
    Options
    as usual... AWESOME on the village bunnies stuff!!!!!

Lack of bunnies here!

And was dragged by parental into "british" territory... and yes.. just 4 hours sleep from 6am to 10am cause fixing an issue till 5 and then the girl wanted to frolic in the park... and/or pee, I guess!

Da parental / "british" influence: https://icedrive.net/s/7ANy28WQRh862i2ijz8SFfFZifZR

And the currently sad state of me: https://icedrive.net/s/vjhjb18bPR7iiP9iQyBXDxBW4yYR needing both a haircut and a shave! (7 day limit in the hope that my future state will improve! :smiley: )