Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Man, it's been a while since I had some fish and chips! Good idea, will probably give it a try next week (going for Tope shark with skordalia though instead of chips).

Also, you look fine PAV! I'd keep from shaving for another week and see how this goes, it's summer after all! :p
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    PAV, you're looking pretty good from here!

Tonight is burritos. We'll have a choice of various meats that can be rolled up in a tortilla with various other things and various sauces to put on top, or not, as people choose. It's an easy meal and that's good. My spoons are really low today, so while I'd like to get the pork loin cut and in its various marinades, I can push it to tonight or tomorrow if I really need to. Chronic illness sucks, just saying. I'm good at coping but it would be nice not to have to.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,672 Member
    Options
    You are both so cute, PAV. Thank goodness the shewolf wasn't there - it would have been an overload.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Not much inspiring eating here. The antibiotics don’t mix well with raw fruit and veggies. And fiber. Had some canned soup 🥫and 🍞bread. Earlier had some plain yogurt and 🥚eggs.

I know - YAWN food. Missing salads 🥗 and especially spices🌶. Upside is I’m down a few pounds which will surely find me in two weeks.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Ready made seafood salad from the olive bar section... well drained of liquids... plus bunnies of baby tomatoes.... and oodles of my potato cucumber egg kitchen sink mustard curry salad :wink: Actually it was far from terrible :smiley:

Oh Yooly. You will be stronger by the end of it! :wink:
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    I've had a humungous salad for lunch, with houmous and beans for a little protein.

Dinner will be homemade pizza. The dough is proving as I type and I've made a tomato sauce with our first crop of homegrown cherry tomatoes. Yum.
  • Dante_80
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Today we ate at our mothers, my brother and family came too.

Roasted veal in lemon sauce with linguini was the order of the day. Delicious!

uiee0NAh.jpg

TwNxCxxh.jpg

The meat came from my uncle Spyro in the village, he has a small herd of cows and sheep (among other animals).

Of course, I brought my own salad, I think you can spot it in there... :p

oXDr9bHh.jpg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I may have to find out about the dressing on that salad... and are you implying that you were willing to share your salad with others!!! Looks awesome Dante... as usual!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    That looks so delicious Dante! One thing I really miss about Italy (and Greece) is your delicious tomatoes. Even though I always use Italian seeds, we just don't have the unending days of dawn to dusk sunshine to deepen the flavour. And commercially available tomatoes don't hold a candle to the authentic thing...

Yep, I spotted your small bowl of salad! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    OMG! And you didn’t invite us? Don’t know how you lose or maintain with that feast.

You are one determined man Dante.
  • Dante_80
    edited August 2022
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I may have to find out about the dressing on that salad... and are you implying that you were willing to share your salad with others!!! Looks awesome Dante... as usual!

It's an easy one PAV, but beware, I like spicy stuff!

1 tbsp Olive oil
    1 tbsp Mustard
    1 tbsp katiki cheese (or go for cottage if you can't find it)
    10gr grated Kerrygold Light
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Pepper mix
    Oregano
    Dried Garlic
    Cayenne Pepper
    Bukovo
    Curcumin

No salt needed. This should be enough for at least a 10 bunnie salad!
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    OMG! And you didn’t invite us? Don’t know how you lose or maintain with that feast.

You are one determined man Dante.

Well, I skipped breakfast and will have a light dinner. Was worth it tho!

I...I didn't post the mosaic cake at the end, right? :p
    That looks so delicious Dante! One thing I really miss about Italy (and Greece) is your delicious tomatoes. Even though I always use Italian seeds, we just don't have the unending days of dawn to dusk sunshine to deepen the flavour. And commercially available tomatoes don't hold a candle to the authentic thing...

Yeah, tomatoes from the farmer market are quite good here. From the village even better. Only in Summer though to be frank, the rest of the year the quality is much worse. T_T

Options
    Tonight was chicken curry with rice and naan and spinach for those who can eat it.

And sometime I will have the energy to go in and clean up from dinner. Oof. Long day.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'm just a little bit jelly 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hubby made me some matzo ball chicken soup. Trying to avoid raw, fiber, and spices that don’t mix well with antibiotics. Today I actually feel better than I have in a long time.

One more week of meds so lots of soups in my future.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great to read, Yooly! Hope it is onwards and upwards (some downwards too, of course) from here!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Matzo ball soup 🍲again which is tasty and so wrong in hot weather! But good for my gut issue. I’m craving big salads, fresh fruit. Ten more days📆.

There was yogurt and banana and one of those frozen healthy choice mini meals earlier.

You think I’d be dropping weight like crazy but the salty soups, frozen and canned food are causing water retention. I should be cooking up fresh ingredients but I’m just too tired to bother.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Take it easy. And.... water is not fat is not water :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    yeah - like he say - and who would want to make soup from scratch when it is five billion degrees????? Matzo ball soup sounds good to me too and I'm vegetarian :) bring on that salty chickeny goodness!
    Options
    Steak tonight. Mashed cauliflower from a frozen packet (I think it's Birdseye brand) and premade and frozen rice pilaf, and some frozen green beans steamed in the microwave and tossed with some bacon drippings that are in a little jar inside the door from last time I baked bacon for quichecakes. I have bread rolls in the freezer and I'll pull those out around lunchtime to thaw.

This is how I normally do things, so that actually making the dinner come together doesn't take too long. My body REALLY does not like this heat, I'm having lots of hot flashes which are leaving me miserable, and I just have no motivation or willpower to do anything much at all. I know this is temporary but it is no fun at all.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    It was worth the wait...

52dqxpj3jtu5.jpeg