Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,867 Member
    Options
    Nice flyless dough!😹 Alexandria? Have you been corrupted into raiding my freezer?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    We eat some of the same things, I think..... (grin)
    Diced up the remainder of the steak for later use in a quichecake. Waste not want not.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,954 Member
    Options
    Note to self - do not eat an Atomic Fireball candy to get the nasty metallic antibiotic taste out of my mouth. The gut really hates that! 😫
  • PAV8888
    Options
    atomic fireballs do sound like something I need more so than crackers...
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 2022
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    atomic fireballs do sound like something I need more so than crackers...
    Yup - Atomic Fireballs. Hot spicy cinnamoney. One is 20 calories. The best part is it takes a long time to work through it. Keeps your mouth busy and leaves a mild burn so your taste buds 👅don’t function well temporarily. Good for days when you get the munchies. The only precaution is not to be tempted to chew when they get smaller. Your dentist🦷 will not be happy with you.

On real food - today it’s more chicken soup tonight. Had an egg, homemade ricotta cheese, blueberries for breakfast. Not sure what for lunch. Maybe some canned beans and tomatoes?
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,098 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was pasta with homemade tomato sauce and salsiccia piccante.
    Followed by a 30g scoop each of coffee, chocolate and vanilla gelato.

Nom nom nom.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Won't coffee keep you up!??!! :smiley:
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2022
    Options
    coffee and 30g of crackers so far. A few too many Nestle drumsticks yesterday: Kit Kat, Oreo, Rolo, possibly a second Oreo too... spaced through the day mind you but still.... chicken drumsticks might have been way smarter!

Fitbit (and scale via repeat past experimentation) both agree... Went from hovering around 62 and 61bpm through to Sunday (indicating a direction towards future weight decrease) to 62bpm on Monday and then 65bpm today! The quick transition definitely indicates a recent overage, though 65bpm is not a fast systemic increase in weight... YET! :neutral: Hmmm.....
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Coffee never keeps me awake. I often drink a quadruple espresso just before bed, and sleep like a baby.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Dinner was simple tonight - poached eggs on rye toast, followed by a big bowl of ice cold watermelon.

Yummy.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Homemade ricotta, egg and blueberries for breakfast. Had 4 oz of roast pork, half small potato, zucchini with corn and a very small salad. There will be a banana and plain yogurt with honey later.
    So far it hasn’t fought with my pre-ulcer. Woohoo!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, fruit, and granola for dinner….went out for lunch and had ONE small onion ring and a steak and cheese quesadilla….
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Dinner was simple again, as it's too hot to switch the oven on...

So we had salsiccia piccante in ciabatta with rocket and balamic vinegar...followed by 35g each of chocolate, coffee and vanilla gelato. It hit the spot...
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Blue Menu lasagna off the box :wink: salad! :blush: (big one).... fruit and crackers for lunch! possibly a skyr based ice cream bar or two (90 Cal each)
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Today I ran to the supermarket and got me a can of dolmadhakia (vine leaves stuffed with rice).

v73dtePh.jpg

qKdb2EQh.jpg

It's been quite some time till I had some, they were delicious!

• PAV8888
    Options
    So.... this is an interesting "pet" question I have.

These are the canned ones, right? With rice like material for stuffing :lol: And they use cotton seed oil or some other type of oil that I can't say that I am a huge fan off to pack them in... which you've diluted with lemon juice I would assume! ?

And yet when I look them up using a logging tool that competes with MFP (caloric restriction w/ optimum nutrition meter :wink: ), the official entries from the University of Minnesota database for "home made" dolma(de)s have a higher caloric load than these canned ones packed in oil ?!?!?!?!

Color me confused! And glad you enjoyed!!!
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    So.... this is an interesting "pet" question I have.

These are the canned ones, right? With rice like material for stuffing :lol: And they use cotton seed oil or some other type of oil that I can't say that I am a huge fan off to pack them in... which you've diluted with lemon juice I would assume! ?

This is the can I'm talking about...no rice like materials or cotton seed oil lol (man, where do you buy your cans from?). Didn't really add or dilute them with anything, I just served them.

https://www.palirria.com/pd/sweet-spicy-dolmas-stuffed-vine-leaves-with-rice-cherry-peppers-43285.htm?lang=en&path=603835183

h4243D8.png

With regards to caloric content, I just logged in Cronometer the NCCDB general entry for "Stuffed Grape Leaves, without Meat", since both macros and energy was very, very close.

• Yoolypr
    edited August 2022
    Options
    The homemade dolmas recipes I have include ground lamb so more calories? I get the canned Palliria variety as a pantry item for quick meals. The canned dolmas are rice with no meat but with oil.

During this trip, I’ve been subsisting on granola bars. Airport and road travel are mine fields of bad, greasy, high calorie food.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I guess some have soya oil! the spicy ones are new to me. Will have to go look for some!

Home made yogurt from downstairs!!!! Unknown calories and fat content... but 400g :wink: Perhaps some "tiny" quantity of pizza WITH VEGGIES :blush: Given it was a 14/14 "active" hours day with a total of 35,608 steps involving SOME degree of carrying stuff around... it ended up as a deficit day in spite of eating more than 3K Cal! :blush:
  • Bella_Figura
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Dinner was a wholewheat pitta filled with 40g houmous, 30g seared halloumi, 3 homemade falafel, lots of salad and a generous drizzle of lemon juice and sriracha.

Followed by my version of cranachan (rhubarb, raspberries, greek yoghurt and toasted cornflakes). I love this dessert:

so8kzv5x1wdb.jpeg