Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,829 Member
    Options
    I use all bran buds which are even LESS tasty :) BUT I do stray into cocoa-puffs :lol: And the "finishing" touches are liquid sucralose and cinnamon, or pumpkin spice mixed or sprinkled unsweetened cocoa or a combination. I've seldom used walnuts in favour of almonds or sunflower seeds in the, and I never did get much into chia seeds and I tend to use 0% instead of 2% yogurt... but yeah... it is a kick-kitten setup for either breakfast or a late snack.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    Works for evening meal too. My lunches tend to be the main meal. So yogurt and cereal makes a satisfying dinner. No nuts, chia thingies. I generally use an 80 calorie vanilla Chobani container and a cup of cereal. I try to stay with a quality cereal but once in a while Froot Loops call my name. Oh and some real fruit on top. Does the job quite well.

But certainly not as spectacular as Dante’s feast in the photo.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,701 Member
    Options
    Update on the left behind foods.

Almost all gone. A few Oreos were composted (that was a safe disposal - because they got soggy very very quickly - I checked) but mostly I'm eating my way through it as if this is some kind of ritual? Maybe penance?

Really weird head space. Not something I have a lot of control of at the moment. Feels more emotional than eating disorder related. Not letting a crumb of those loved ones go to waste.

The furniture is a bit hard on the teeth - but that is why we have dentists. :#
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Laurie? Dearest Laurie? You're-somewhat-scaring me!

The food is food. I mean budget considerations and growing with parents who tell you that you don't throw food out plus images of starving children may mean we are not willing to throw it out... but that's why they've invented food banks!

Plus directly giving food to someone asking for money (in my neck of the woods) is a guarantee to an interesting discussion where they demonstrate the veracity of where they were claiming they were going to use the money for by verbally indicating their appreciation of any food giving... but don't do this unless you are able to outrun them, comfortably!

Sadly the food doesn't have any connection with the family that left it behind. Their temporary distancing and leavetaking is kind of a different issue! :heartbreak:

I have two options sometimes when I get "agitated" is my closest word for this and I need to deal with something on the phone... especially if I am on a long hold.

I can (and have) sat there the whole time munching on bars, cereals, frozen dinners, chocolate, cookies (by far the worse for calories per minute for me--worse than chocolate bars).

Or I can get up and pace around the house, or around the outside of the house, or even go around the block.

Or a combination of the two, of course.

Your puppy just emailed me that she needs to go for an adventure walk! Send pictures! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Your puppy just emailed me that she needs to go for an adventure walk! Send pictures! :wink:

We just got back from a fine adventure walk....I didn't read your post until we returned, so no pictures this time.

You are indeed correct, PAV. Food is food (and furniture is furniture). I will pull it together soon.

Good news is that the shoulder is healed enough to make a decent bike ride possible - woohoo! And I can swim - sort of :) 20 front crawl strokes at a time now! Then some calm breast stroke or doggy paddle kind of move for awhile.

I'm trying to look forward to the "freeing" aspects of this next life chapter. It feels like a major transition - and many things will change - but some will be positive. I will have a tremendous time boost and money (maybe? but then again maybe I'll be collecting all that money I don't spend to pay for flights & postage??) I'll also lose that excuse to have goodies on hand.

Every room in my home is being juggled/replanned. I will be seeing the boy - but my home no longer has to look like a child's home. I imagine it will be awhile before they visit here (much easier for me to travel there) and so much of what is integrated into every room will be long outgrown if I keep things as is. I can return to being someone with spare furnishings and clear surfaces.

• PAV8888
    Options
    Oh the fine adventure of downsizing and cleaning up! (Forgive me while I die from rolling on the floor while giggling or would that be cackling in an insane manner).
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Now that I think about it, this is the what's for supper section!

So far today:

-- a breakfast of super mini egg salad using a couple of pre-boiled eggs and 0% greek yogurt and sriracha and a wasa cracker
    -- kirkland nut bar

Dinner? Whatsapp message from my downstairs peops at 10:01am: "We have dinner today at 4" :fearful::fearful::fearful:
  • PAV8888
    Options
    129g of well roasted drumsticks and 200g of rice vermicelli mix! Some of it was carved off to an interested party who should NOT have been partaking but who successfully hounded me...
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thought all "that" food was gone - but found more for dinner. Two pouches of instant Oatmeal (maple and brown sugar I think??) and some 2% vanilla greek yogurt. Not too bad - and the oatmeal is now finished....just a little yogurt left for tomorrow.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Today I made black-eyed pea salad, and threw in a spicy sardine can for good measure.

84jdK1Qh.jpg

hpUDluSh.jpg

It's been a while till I last had them, delicious!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I've never had black beans in a salad - thinking that is about to change.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    They are not low calorie for satiation for me!

Statement subject to revision cause I last looked at them when losing weight and budget was less than today
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    And I meant to write black-eyed peas...not black beans
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Tonight was supposed to be pork curry but I am in that TOM and had about enough energy to toss a frozen pizza (homemade by me) in the oven and go fetch it out 25 minutes later.

I did try walking the dog with two leashes, Boyfriend holding one and me holding the other, and it distributes the pull to where the humans can handle it and the dog just chokes himself if he doesn't settle down. I think we may get somewhere with this. Then I'll have more walking time which is a definite good thing in the "move more" column of habit changes. When I can walk him alone, he'll get a morning walk and an evening walk. And maybe sometimes a noon walk, depending on people's energy levels. But right now if it takes two of us it will be an evening thing.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Did you check out any of the no pull harnesses? I suspect it will make life instantly happier for a bunch of peops!

search string in amazon.com was no pull harness pitbull

https://www.amazon.com/Halti-Obedience-Comfortable-Adjustable-Effective/dp/B07Q7DSWF4/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2LO271392MJ7&keywords=no+pull+harness+pitbull&qid=1661053748&sprefix=no+pull+harness+pit,aps,124&sr=8-8
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    He's getting better by the day. He's never been walked on a leash before, so it's a new thing he's learning.

And he's getting more and more okay with his crate. He's not to where I can lock him in it overnight, but he likes to hang out in it sometimes. He's even let me swing the door closed a time or two. So we have progress on that.
  • lauriekallis
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I've been working with a good-size rotti mix I'm babysitting for a few months - while his dad is off performing in your neck of the woods, PAV.

I'm back in my leash training state of mind. Not sure if you have had an opportunity to read up/learn about this practise yet, Alexandra.

One major concept is that as soon as the dog puts tension on the leash you stop. They are quick learners and get tired of stopping. It is maddening though! Stopping every three feet/every foot...lol.

It is helping a lot with Reese. I'm walking the two dogs at once so I need him to learn to walk on a loose leash.

Reese might be one of your old neighbours, Yooly. He is from somewhere in Texas. Thank goodness he is a sweet gentle lug, otherwise he could be trouble.
  • lauriekallis
    edited August 2022
    Options
    s1disoenrl4h.jpg
    Reese on the left - my little girl Laine on the right ❤️ many squirrels up that tree.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sadly on my screen the image is not all there! :disappointed:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Well that is sad, PAV. Which dog do you not get to see?