Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    What’s going on with you and all these food production aspirations PAV???

Lol… I think of you as the creator of extraordinary nutritious combinations. But not a spiralize or or a fish patty manufacturer.

You must be moving on to a newblevel of food preparation/meal production! 🧐 I can’t wait to read more.

No worries I’m not choosing the do nothing option but sometimes they drive me to that point because there seems to be so much nonsense involved in this. I’m seeing the new chick on Tuesday. I’m having high hopes. If she disappoints I’m coming back to my Hamilton surgeon with garden shears, some duct tape and a bottle of whiskey 😜
    Getter done, Man

And on a different note… what do you think this emoji represents? What is sticking out of this dudes forhead?? 🫡

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    🫡 this one? She is saluting! With her hand! 😉
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I see it now!!!! I thought she just had an extra appendage 😅
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nothing special here. Did stumble into some hard boiled eggs. Made egg salad with yogurt, banana peppers, yellow mustard, and sriracha and ate over a mix of Dave's sweet and spicy dill pickle chips and some Wasa crackers
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Still have part of my jar of sauerkraut (1024g solid and liquid---thought I did discard the liquid), 100 g red onions, and three cut up sausages (166g)... all "simmered" together in the microwave 😄 I'm almost convinced the sauerkraut was trying to make me drunk! Ended up adding a pack of konjac sticky rice (It is ready to eat and has some calories basically 180 per package, while retaining the ability to blend in and suck up liquids!😉)

So I have good leftovers but the parental is agitating for adventure since on Sundays there's not much happening!!!!🙀
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Iw want to try the spiraling frozen veggies, but the one time I have in the past they were really soggy. How do you all make them? I wouldn't do a fukk replacement (I like my pasta dang it) but it would be nice as and addiction to bulk servings up and get a bit extra neggie nutrition.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    The frozen ones I buy I have no idea what magical alchemy they use (ingredients don't list anything funky) but they are actually quite firm. The fresh ones that I've used HAVE ended up being a little bit softer than I like? I usually just nuke and knowing this I tend to AIM to undercook the fresh ones. Draining excess water out of the cooked previously frozen is definitely "a thing".

Firmer texture is one of the reasons why I like the frozen beet spirals. Zoo end up somewhat soft for me. The butternut rottini were nicer than the spirals due to firmness. The cauli rices have generally been good and al-dente when I nuke per directions
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pav. Maybe I need to try them again. I do cauliflower rice here and there when I remember to buy it. Always mixed with the real deal. Otherwise I struggle with the texture.

And shocked anyone made sense of my last post. So many mistakes! Yikes. That is what happens when typing with chronic fatigue and foggy brain.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Between dictation and autocorrect I'm surprised half my posts are readable! If texture is an issue I can see where unexpected texture could throw you off. I try to evaluate each item on its own merits Even if beet spaghetti are not real spaghetti, eating beets with a robust sauce can be quite tasty, albeit monochromatic If you use a tomato sauce!!!!🤣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    My primary "pasta" lately has been soy spaghetti - because of the protein. The calories are not lower than durum wheat pasta - but it packs protein and I sort of like the more earthy flavour. I don't tend to eat it with pasta sauce though - more with hot sauce and a bit of butter and pepper.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CPZTPPD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

With pasta sauce ??? not sure because it has been a while (but coming soon with all the tomatoes ripening :) ) Probably still the French cut green beans and/or konjac rice or noodles.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    oh the green beans are good too. Currently happy with everything about kohlrabi.. except for the price!!! :flushed:
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    (sigh) I wish I could eat vegetables.

Today's been hard. But tomorrow is another day.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Hope things are improving Alexandra.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Not doing too bad here. My husband wanted to go out for dinner last night which is always a hard thing to measure out. He wanted Mexican food! Those chips and queso can really pack it on. I made sure that I ate no chips and only ate the protein out of my meal. I had a surf and turf. So a piece of flank steak and a piece of chicken and a few shrimp. There was cheese on it but since I wasn't eating anything else I figured I could splurge a bit. My numbers weren't accurate but I was still way under since I did an exercise class yesterday. It was hard but I was full and it was nice to get out.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good work, Scout. It is fun to get out to eat a meal. Sounds like you worked it in well.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Good going Scout! Stay with us so we can all celebrate your future accomplishments 👏
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Dumped a bag of cauli-rice in a can of coconut curry pumpkin soup from the dollar store! Wuz not bad. Could have done with less coconut and more curry! :blush: Awesome smelling nectarine gigantica from the store (275g of edible fruit). Because they were starting to fuzz, dumped 501g of blueberries in 1kg of greek yogurt... and added a huge amount of all bran (58g because the box kinda over-dumped) :hushed: and a few drops of sucralose. So.... the poo-berry pudding fest is percolating in the fridge waiting to be eaten during the rest of the day... it DOES have protein! Maybe I'm overdoing the fruit bunnies here I think! :grimace::grey_question: And... maybe I should open an office in the washroom?!?!??!!? :hushed::flushed:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Poo-berry Pudding :) You could market that, PAV !

Not sure about the starting to fuz blueberries though????? I hope that was in jest.....
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Huh? One or two go first because of getting hit or wet or what have you. Toss city. Wash and inspect the rest and use fast? Do you throw out the whole 501 good grams because 6g were bad?????🫣😳

Plus can only make more 💩😹🤣😹🤣😹
  • lauriekallis
    Options

I agree - sorry - for some reason when I read your post I "understood" that the blueberries you added to the Poo-Berry Pudding were starting to fuzz :)
    Some days I'm more daft than others.