Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    Nah.... the fuzzies (frankly not fuzzies but bleeding white goo) went to the compost bin!

The rest were rinsed and dried and yogurted!

I ended up splitting them halfsies with yesterday and supplementing with Cliff bars that were just easier to deal with before and after someone's outing!

Someone was really discombobulated since the artificial turf area she uses for head down sledding was occupied by obnoxious humans kicking a ball.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Salad city today. Did the no name sesame ginger cauliflower rice, added tomatoes, onions, some jarred olives.... Even pretended to be nice and spent time choppy choppy choppy.... Added can of fishy fishy. As usual, salads don't seem to be particularly low calorie to me!!!! But I guess it's suitable for the day 😎 plus I have my leftover pooberry yogurt that I'm going to liven up with either cherries or a nectarine! And that should take care of most of the day I think 🤷‍♂️
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    poo-berry-all-bran-yogurt-parfait(?) was E*L*E*V*A*T*E*D with cherries :wink: AND a crumbled cliff bar (so granola I guess?)

That last bit made it WAY too tasty!!! (oink) :naughty:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Been a really stressful couple of weeks at work so I have not had the time or energy to post. Meals have 100% been super easy and comforting. I am proud because I resisted ordering in even on the worst days.

Today I got up and went to the bigger farmers market. I allowed what I found to dictate my meals for the week. Got some wonderful bread, vegetables, and fruit. Then I went to the grocery to fill in the missing pieces.

Tonight was burgers topped with Swiss cheese and crispy onions. I served them with good ol Illinois corn on the cob.

The other 3 dinners of the week are:
    Veggie fried rice
    Chicken thighs, sweet potato, and cauliflower
    Greek salmon bowls
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love an ice cream sandwich. I really like the ones made with chocolate chip cookies. Of course these do not fit into my calories.

Impulse bought some skinny cow ice cream sandwich knowing they would not be good enough but willing to give it a shot.

They were absolutely amazing. Half the box is vanilla the other half chocolate. So so so good. Totally hit the spot and only 150 calories.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I used to get them all the time but I haven't fallen on any lately.

Fudgecycles were a good Caloric bargain too, I thought. There is now a 100 Cal fruit bar I've been liking and some skyr based bars
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    You all have been busy! I'm running around madly this weekend - lots of social events. Green soup with buckwheat (my most recent addition) and feta - plus whatever was going at the events. Not too bad.

PAV - I've never found salad to be low calories. The greens and pure veggies - yes - but the other additions - to the moon Alice!
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    "events" :fearful: sounds like a recipe for too much fun! :sweat_smile: Buckwheat! I tried it once a few years back I think? It was actually interesting! Hmmm....

NON-poo-berry parfait percolating in the fridge! I hate it when the only yogurt left on sale is the lactose free version... but needs must and all that. So 1000g liberte lactose free :angry: with 43g of all bran and 220g of manually pitted cherries a tiny bit of coffee :blush: and four drops of liquid sucralose are percolating in the fridge for later consumption!

AND I managed to hide the cherry pitting from the dog so I didn't have to share!!! Like major victory here! I faked her out by pretending to head to the laundry room while she snuggled into suntan positioning... and I went around the back into the kitchen!!!! :smiley:

Kitchen disaster wise I DID have to change my clothes out because in banging the yogurt container to get everything to settle in after the mixing... well... perhaps the banging was over-vigorous and some splash back took place! :rage::blush::blush::blush:

So laundry is STILL on! :anguished:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I love your cooking stories, PAV. And pup stories. Events were fun - a wedding - and a festival. Pretty good fun seeing lots of people I haven't seen in too long. I love weddings. I would love to have one myself except for the whole potential spouse needed thing :)
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Apparently you can now rent a spouse and their family. If you're in Japan!

The problem, there would be that it would increase the cost of the wedding!!!!!🙀 And they ain't cheap!
    And I also have it on good authority that you would have to wait at least a year to find good venues !!!

Would you be able to amortize the expense against gifts? Would people be giving giftsif you've disclosed the whole story? Would you be ethically required as a supreme court judge to disclose the whole story? 🫣 Inquiring minds would like to know!!!!!!😹🦫
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Maybe I'll simply marry my furry one :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I thought the rental family sounded more interesting, albeit expensive! 🤷‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    And with another family comes a whole new set of "challenges" :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if rentals,weddings, or paperwork is needed. Family is anyone who knows, loves and appreciates you - whether short term or forever. A beloved friend is as much “family” as blood relatives.
    I consider our little group family! In fact, I communicate with you more than many of my certifiable family.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Certified certifiable????🙀

No no no Laurie. I wasn't implying you should keep them... it was just a rental!😎 If you want to sign up for the full meal deal, yeah, there's both goods and bads, right?🙀 hopefully more of the first than the second!!!!😎
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Several are definitely certifiable.

Today was cauliflower rice, turkey meatballs and green salad. Maybe yogurt or cheese sticks tonight.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    the quick to nuke frozen garden lite, veggies made great, spinach egg white frittata was a great start. copious amounts (907g) of watermelon with 33g of feta cheese a good continuation! Well, I've already hit 10 bunnies even if not even ONE full one of them is a vegetable!
  • lauriekallis
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Veggies made great??? Watermelon and feta ... mmmm

I didn't want family - just a wedding to celebrate with friends and existing family. I've decided I really like weddings. Love seeing people get all dressed up and see them show up to celebrate with their loved one (s). Had lots of fun at this weekends wedding :)

And if I was a woman "of means" I could invite our MFP family to come too and we could have a PAV worthy buffet of wonderful filling lower calorie foods that come with precise calorie counts for logging! I promise an accurate calorie listing :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Some rotisserie chicken and a green salad 🥗. Maybe some cereal and yogurt tonight - cause it’s going to 109F. I’m soooo done with summer.
    I dreamt about soup the other day. Maybe soup weather isn’t too far away?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Cold soup?

If it wasn't for the cooking part I would recommend cold green soup. Its thickness, especially when it comes out of the fridge, holds the cold so well and when you eat it you can feel yourself cooling off from the inside :)