Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Butternut squashy soup like? 🤷‍♂️🙀

I had frozen brick of puree butternut squash as emergency supply for the girl back when cubed had disappeared. Was getting a bit too friendly with the freezer.

I've reduced for whatever reason consumption of chunky soup. So butter chicken soup was sitting in cupboard approaching expiry!

You know what happened next! 🤣

I am probably going to turn orange soon what with butterscotch yesterday too! 🫣
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    sounds like a good combination! Curry squash :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm living it up today with a late lunch of veggie weiners & wild rice with some chipotle seasoning and a spoon of sour cream on the side. AND 1/3 of a spring mix with balsamic and a good tablespoon (probably measures out to 2) of hummus.

Green soup for supper later :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I made my new favorite protein smoothie today. Used frozen milk cubes, some ice and water and a half scoop each of vanilla ice cream lemonade protein powder. It was actually delicious, not just tolerable. Reminiscent of Chick Fil A lemonade milkshake thing, though less thick of course.
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2023
    Options
    How are you doing frozen milk-shake thingies in November!!!! Brrrrrrrrr!!!!! *says the I had a vanilla cone yesterday person*
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    So my dumb *kitten* is so smart, of course I know how to make pudding without reading the instructions.

After making a batch of chocolate fudge pudding today, I actually looked, and I have been using 1/2 the milk required. I mean it's been tasty, I just assumed the unflavored protein powder I was adding was why it was so thick. Nope. Whoops.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    That's a lot of mac and cheese! Hope they enjoy!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Now that’s some fine Mac n cheese 🧀. How could anyone not like that? It’s a shame you couldn’t taste it Nic. But obviously it would not be advisable.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Now that’s some fine Mac n cheese 🧀. How could anyone not like that? It’s a shame you couldn’t taste it Nic. But obviously it would not be advisable.

Yeah, it looked good. Baked mac n cheese isn't really my thing so I didn't regret it too much. I am looking forward to Monday, when I can introduce pureed foods, which includes eggs and cottage cheese.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »

Yeah, it looked good. Baked mac n cheese isn't really my thing so I didn't regret it too much. I am looking forward to Monday, when I can introduce pureed foods, which includes eggs and cottage cheese.

It was also a big hit. Seven 18/19 year olds destroyed over half of it. Then my family (husband and 3 of the 4 kids) put a good dent in the rest, tonight.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So today round 2 of thanksgiving dinner. Only this time less….
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Today I'm giving thanks to the me who didn't label a few rounds of food I put in the freezer (who does that????) I remember thinking "oh this one is obvious" a couple of times. But. It is not so obvious after a few weeks.

I was excited to have breakfast dal for breakfast today - cinnamon, ginger and cloves, squash,spinach,yellow & orange lentils - sounds odd, but with a sprinkle of raisins and almonds it's a pretty good way to start a cold day :) Turns out it was not that. It was a frosty container of spicy dal stew that I pulled out of the freezer last night :(

So just went through the freezer - organized things a bit better - and found breakfast dal to have tomorrow! It was indeed labelled well.

Oh to have such lucky silly problems :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds like you've spiced up your breakfast?🫣
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    To gross everyone out, today I attempted to prep "pureed foods". I am uncertain wether I can have beef, will clarify with my surgeon Tuesday, so I used chicken. Pureed food looks so damn revolting. I am very tempted to stick with protein shakes for another couple weeks. Just. Gross. I thought it wouldn't be bad if I made it like buffalo chicken dip, cause that's already you know, kinda soupy, but pureed it looks like thick, pinkish soup. Just gag. I don't know that I will be able to make myself eat that.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That does not sound like a whole heck of a lot of fun, Flying Nic.
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I never could do the puréed food. I did do mashed potatoes with unflavored protein powder. Lots of shakes with PB2 in them. Just the smell of puréed meat gives me flashbacks.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I never could do the puréed food. I did do mashed potatoes with unflavored protein powder. Lots of shakes with PB2 in them. Just the smell of puréed meat gives me flashbacks.

Today's menu: vanilla decaf coffee protein shake, 1 egg scrambled with low fat cottage cheese, a cottage cheese/chicken pizza sauce bake thing, and chocolate fudge protein pudding. All of that is 75g protein and all small portions.

If I can do beef, this will be alot simpler, lol. I could easily see eating a beef stew pureed over mashed potatoes.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Admiring your fortitude Nic. Don’t know if I could do that. 🫤
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    ...Speaking of pureed food... o:)

Salutations from rainy Athens! I hope everyone is doing fine!

Sorry about the lack of interaction, been somewhat boringly cruising along in maintenance for a while. Boring is good!

It's rather appropriate to come back..with a food picture lol, so I wanted to share some fava I made today (yellow split peas puree)!

Pvdifey.jpg

Iu2jtVT.jpg

Added some tomato on top, as well as some birds eye peppers for good measure. Delicious (remember to vigorously scramble everything together before eating, the screenshot is before all hell breaks loose)!