Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of texture issues when it comes to food, so I am amazed with you Nic. There is no way I could do what you are doing.

Eating one more night of Thanksgiving leftovers from Saturday. Tomorrow I will be making meatloaf with scalloped potatoes and green beans. That will be it for this week because I am going out Friday with a new friend who I met when he moved into the apartment above me. We are going for Indian. Yum!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious Dante!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations on "boring" !
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    I want the after shots!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Omg Dante - welcome back! We missed you and those glorious food photos. How is maintenance going? Any struggles?

Hope the new neighbors will turn out to be good friends for you Athijade.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Scalloped potatoes sound really good, Athijade! Its chilly here today - I would kind of like to have a scalloped potato bath! :)
  • Athijade
    Options
    Scalloped potatoes sound really good, Athijade! Its chilly here today - I would kind of like to have a scalloped potato bath! :)

Meatloaf and scalloped potatoes are a warm comforting hug for me. I am not a huge fan of mashed potatoes which is what most people serve with meatloaf. I'll eat them, but they are not my first choice of side.
  • Athijade
    Options
    So the meatloaf was amazing and hit the spot after way too many days of turkey.

But I need to start thinking about eating better. My digestive track and stomach are a mess with all the rich food and lack of veggies.

So next week we are having:

Veggie tofu stir fry
    Frozen pizza with a side salad
    A frozen beef with with mushroom sauce entre I found over egg noodles with steamed or roasted broccoli

Gotta add the fiber back into the diet slowly.

Need to figure out lunches though...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I am going to attempt to eat mashed turnips with roast beef pureed into gravy. We shall see. Pureed foods are not doing it for me. I am also going to whip up some cheesecake protein pudding.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I am going to attempt to eat mashed turnips with roast beef pureed into gravy. We shall see. Pureed foods are not doing it for me. I am also going to whip up some cheesecake protein pudding.

So, that was a no. I think I am going to have to stop trying pureed meats. Gag. I'm going to try some mashed potatoes made with chicken bone broth and skim milk tomorrow (protein) with some 2% yogurt added as a sour cream alternative.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I have zero problem with mash potatoes even made with water and i guess if splurging with Greek yogurt they're even better (I cheat since I am talking instant). Actually quite often I will do them with a vegetable which maybe you can't eat at this point. But consistency wise cauliflower could be made to disappear in the mashed potato and so could broccoli or for that matter spinach or butternut squash if one were so inclined.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I have zero problem with mash potatoes even made with water and i guess if splurging with Greek yogurt they're even better (I cheat since I am talking instant). Actually quite often I will do them with a vegetable which maybe you can't eat at this point. But consistency wise cauliflower could be made to disappear in the mashed potato and so could broccoli or for that matter spinach or butternut squash if one were so inclined.

Oh, it will totally be instant mashed potatoes. I am making them with these non water alternatives for the protein.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Highest protein bang for the buck I think would be Greek yogurt 0% added. I've also used powdered milk for cooking, or condensed (the non-sugar variety). mind you you still have to eat your fats I guess. I'm surprised you don't mention Omega 3 capsules as they're basically, what about a gram of fat of the good variety? They make good dog treats sometimes!!!!🤣

So I'm obviously missing something with the Greek yogurt fluff. I tried today going past 300g 0% Greek yogurt 200g 2% milk and a box of the vanilla sugar free pudding mix. Tried with 346g Greek yogurt and 155g instead, and it just wasn't doing it for me. It was way too thick. So I added an extra 49g of milk 🤷‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Mashed potatoes with cottage cheese is good too! Lots of protein. Haven't eaten meat in 30 some odd years - but absolutely could not imagine it pureed :(
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Mashed potatoes with cottage cheese is good too! Lots of protein. Haven't eaten meat in 30 some odd years - but absolutely could not imagine it pureed :(

Trust me, you don't want to. It looks like literal *kitten*.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Highest protein bang for the buck I think would be Greek yogurt 0% added. I've also used powdered milk for cooking, or condensed (the non-sugar variety). mind you you still have to eat your fats I guess. I'm surprised you don't mention Omega 3 capsules as they're basically, what about a gram of fat of the good variety? They make good dog treats sometimes!!!!🤣

So I'm obviously missing something with the Greek yogurt fluff. I tried today going past 300g 0% Greek yogurt 200g 2% milk and a box of the vanilla sugar free pudding mix. Tried with 346g Greek yogurt and 155g instead, and it just wasn't doing it for me. It was way too thick. So I added an extra 49g of milk 🤷‍♂️

So I can't have capsules. I'm still on chewable vitamins until 6 weeks and shotgutting the content of cut open nexium capsules for reflux.

Generally I will take.fish oil capsule.

And honestly, I can't do fat free Greek yogurt. It's way too bitter tasting to me.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Can you sprinkle on some stevia on the Greek yogurt?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Can you sprinkle on some stevia on the Greek yogurt?

If that was meant for me no I don't like stevia but I do like 2% for yogurt so it's fine
  • PAV8888
    Options
    What the what is going on here?
    You kids are all asleep?
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Options
    removed the 371g of rice from the "family butter chicken pack" and zapped it with cauliflower rice instead. Consumed!

Then grabbed the 371g of rice and started a big pot with that and 2031g of cut green beans. I am contemplating what else to add to the soup. Will probably get an onion to add and have bags of shrimps available to add for protein.... as this is unlikely to get on the stove for a few hours yet... suggestions are welcome!