PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    edited February 15
    Options
    Poor scarcity embracing Garfield 😝
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Okay the following is not for the faint of heart!!!!😱

After emptying all the nice tasty slurping liquid from last night's soup... I added 60g of dehydrated mushrooms (that I first rehydrated according to instructions and then chopped up)

Then proceeded to more finely chop the original soup intestines (had started as a couple of cans of Campbell soup to which 750 g of broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red onion had been added) plus the added mushrooms this morning!

And added 750g of broth from a magical tetra pack!😝

Yummy 😋

(Well it actually IS! So there!)
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with yogurt whatsoever - just haven't managed it for an evening snack yet so I was being silly! :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,576 Member
    edited February 16
    Options
    I can't eat fruit, nuts, granola etc right now and yogurt is easy to tote to work. They were all greek yogurt, but zero sugar, fat-free versions.

The light + fit zero sugar Greek in strawberry was okay. I think I'll go back to my standby, 2good Greek yogurt in the lemon flavor.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,192 Member
    Options
    I just had a lovely dinner, so I thought I'd share...

We each had half a grilled chicken breast, sliced atop a heap of roasted veggies (red and yellow pepper, carrot, red and yellow onion, cherry tomatoes, courgette), topped with crumbled feta (25g each). Then, on the side, some cubes of air-fryer-roasted rosemary potatoes, and two thin slices of ciabatta rubbed with garlic then grilled and drizzled with a tsp of olive oil and sea salt.

Oh my lord, it was divine.

Double carbs with the potatoes and bruschetta, but worth it.

Followed by 100g yoghurt with sliced blueberries and green grapes.

Lunch was a bowl of homemade vegetable soup, breakfast was a simple bowl of porridge.

And now it's 19:30 and that's my eating done for the day.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Tuna salad. 1 2.6oz ouch of light tuna, 1tbso Avocado mayo, little dijon, 0.5 tbsp Dill relish, then salt, pepper and onion powder.

It was okay, and I tolerated it great :)
  • PAV8888
    edited February 16
    Options
    Starting from this morning: Ferrero x3, coffee, boiled baby potatoes with skin, dried figs in rough order so far the rest of the baby potatoes were chopped up and placed in remainder of soup from yesterday total pre-cooked weight of pot 340 g. Pretty much the same post-boiled skin on blah blah

Sure Bella I would rather be eating your stuff 😋😝 have to admit not sure about Nic's circus... but extremely glad to hear the well tolerated bit
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,192 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Sure Bella I would rather be eating your stuff 😋😝

Our entire meal for two (with leftovers for the dog) cost £2.50...you don't need to spend a lot to eat well. Admittedly it wasn't something that could be knocked up in 2 minutes (took an hour from start to finish, but most of that was just dead time waiting for the veggies to roast, when I could've been cracking on with something else if I'd been short of time).

I bet you've missed my little holier-than-thou-you-are-what-you-eat lectures (NOT!) :D:D:D
  • PAV8888
    edited February 17
    Options
    you-are-what-you-eat

I'm a genetically engineered taste tested and fully researched epitome of spicy and/or tangy and/or syrupy sweetness designed to appeal to all your senses and light up your LED's in a melody of colour? Oh Splat & stick the landing Garfield: I :love: U too!!!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I also made homemade chicken Vegetable soup. I made it with a 12oz mirepoox frozen mix and wish I hadn't cause there are more onions and fewer carrots than I'd like. It was tasty, but I out too much pepper in it (my bowl, not the whole soup, lol)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,999 Member
    Options
    But Nic- you’re eating and keeping it down. Surely that is better than external supplements!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Congratulations, Nic. Can't imagine going through what you have been going through. I hope you are able to come out of this sort of stable on the appetite front. It would probably send me on a tailspin - eating and otherwise - which would be painfully frustrating with the physical limitations :(

Is counselling part of the journey you are on?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I'm a genetically engineered taste tested and fully researched epitome of spicy and/or tangy and/or syrupy sweetness designed to appeal to all your senses and light up your LED's in a melody of colour?

831cpyc0t9tc.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Indeed you are, PAV. I couldn't not have described you better myself :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    But Nic- you’re eating and keeping it down. Surely that is better than external supplements!

It is, but with the capacity of my stomach right now, protein supplementation is a need, not a want. I can eat as much as 5 oz of something like pudding, jello, jello fluff, yogurt, etc, but 2 eggs is a struggle. 3oz of actual solid food is like my limit. The soup I made is half broth and I took a 6oz portion last night, didn't end up finishing the broth.

So really about 30-40g protein daily from food and 40-55g protein from supplemention (which amounts to two protein drinks, tailored to fit around my diet).

One of my major dietary rules post procedure is to stop eating as soon as I feel satisfied, not even full. Persisting past that can cause issues.

I did counseling prior to the surgery.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'm on to something I think!

Milk 2% 300.1g but next attempt I'm doing 350

Choco instant sugar free pudding blah blah was 43g (package says 40)

Dissolve over two about equal sprinklings over the milk with the hand whisk

Then added 0% skyr plain 203g (next time 150) and vigorously whisked to the extent that it was whiskable!

Pretty solid hence the future changes but at least everything is not lumpy and tastes good!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Pan seared flounder with homemade tartar sauce.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Wow!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 18
    Options
    I've added 50.2g of peanuts (bag pretended to be 45!)😝

Nic is making me contemplate nicking some of the dog's fish and putting it together with some boiled baby potatoes and veg! Actually now that I think of it I've got a slightly tired looking unopened bag of frozen shrimp sitting in there too. This is starting to look like a good idea!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 18
    Options
    So it ended up being 375g Italian mix vegetables, the 355g baby potatoes, 381g frozen cooked shrimp, and 105g cocktail sauce fortified with 20g srirachagfc3b1eqb4gx.jpg
    And contemplating leaving a little bit for a later snack!5hdd2wmms04m.jpg