Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,668 Member
    Options
    Burp... NOPE: NOTHING LEFT for later!

Because that last bit got some lemon pepper seasoning which made the yum factor jump up to MINE MINE IT'S ALL MINE!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,647 Member
    Options
    And I was pondering on trying some of those shrimpy rabbits! Was going to charter a flight until I saw this. :(
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Are crustaceans on the Laurie list? High protein low calories following the rule that the less the calories the higher the price! 😝
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    White chicken chili, no corn :)
  • PAV8888
    edited February 18
    Options
    Well. In spite of a friend suggesting I may prefer to work on my lasagna stock, the big half of the white shrimp bag (430g) is currently swimming in cold water in the fridge to thaw. And the remaining half bag of veggies 376g has already been nuked and returned to the fridge!

Only things up for consideration: get more baby potatoes, go with Betty Crocker, or go for minute rice mixed or not mixed with riced veggies? And what about sauce? Same as yesterday or something different?🤔🤔🤔

I suspect it's going to be Betty though I only have butter and herb when I prefer garlic. It's more calories than baby potatoes. But I'm fairly sure I'll have the room!😝
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Whot is white chicken chili no corn? Searching .....
  • PAV8888
    edited February 18
    Options
    People wearing puffer jackets and tuques using portable barbecues on park tables!

Had to explain to someone that she wasn't invited to the other people's gathering!!!!!😝
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Whot is white chicken chili no corn? Searching .....

White chicken chili is chicken and white beans (I used cannelini), with chili type seasoning (but not chili powder), cooked in water with chicken Bouillon, then I add led some jalepeno cream cheese for creaminess, and some shredded lite cheddar. Once it was done a bit and cooled down, I added some light sour cream.

Alot of white chicken chili recipes call for corn. I don't care for it, in this particular instance.

So white chicken chili, no corn. (I admit I was missing a comma)
  • PAV8888
    edited February 19
    Options
    I wasn't that worried about the comma!

So you must be feeling appreciably better if you're venturing into what sounds like much more "robust" menu options!!!💪
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yeah, definitely. That is also my meal prep for work. Tbh, the yolk in my egg turned me off, so tomorrow before work I'm going to try just egg whites with cheese, that was good, or maybe fish and tartar sauce again (I overcooked the fish last time).
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great news Nic!

No I don't do crustaceans pie but everything else sounded so good I just thought I would break the rules since I wasn't really 🙂

I would go for more baby potatoes rather than Betty's rice ... thinking more about nutrition then about calories. Fortunately I actually prefer the taste of potatoes over rice!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    My whole day:

2 eggs white fried with shredded lite cheddar on top.

Berry lemonade clear whey protein drink

2 good lemon yogurt

Fairlife chocolate protein milk

White chicken chili

I'm over 90g per protein now. Dietician said with my height I could shoot for as much as 95g.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Woohoo, Nic!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a homemade tuna poke bowl. Bought some sushi grade tuna and marinated it in soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, mirin, and garlic. Added some rice to a bowl, topped it with the tuna, some cucumber, and some avocado then drizzled on a bit more of the sauce and sprinkled it with roasted sesame seeds.

Tonight is Japanese curry udon with chicken, potatoes, carrots, and onions.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Oooh that sounds delicious!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hmmm 'jades Japanese and Bella's bunnies both sound wonderful!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Now I have to hunt down Bella's bunnies!
  • PAV8888
    edited February 21
    Options
    Apparently supper should be water!

With extra water!

Well. We know that that ain't going to happen.

But lunch was "offside"🤯2zsdg2mi4yd5.jpg

Well drenched and no leftovers! 🤯🤯🤯

a1b20ppwu88y.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Garlic and herb pork loin, steam in bag broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. I was going to have cocktail shrimp with amped up sauce, but the dang shrimp are still frozen.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well both are excellent sources of protein and low cal so I doubt you can go wrong either way! I water bath my shrimp! (also tends to remove maybe I believe possibly incorrectly) some of the sodium whateverate that goes into sucking "solution" into most frozen meat-like items)