TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    kx7003 wrote: »
    It so difficult not to get fed up and binge eat at night 😤 what do you do to stop/prevent over eating?

@kx7003
    I'm right there with you!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Amber! I’ve been in this group off and on last year! I’d lose when I was committed to the group but as soon as I would give up, I’d gain it all back. When my depression acts up, it’s hard for me to stay committed to losing weight.

This year, I turn 30! I want to start my 30s right by finally getting myself together and stop the excuses! So I’m making it my goal to stay committed and I’m even gonna force myself to do the daily accountability cuz I feel like the more active I am, the more likely I won’t give up.

Let’s rock this year guys! :)

@rawrxamberx
    Welcome back!
    We can do this!
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Hi everyone, new to this group, I'm half way through my weight loss journey but the main thing for me is to maintain, hoping this group can help me. Good luck everyone!

@sodonovan74
    Welcome to the team!
  • lannakin
    lannakin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody my name is Lanna. My goal is to lose 35-40 lbs. I am at the weight I was at my largest being pregnant and will not let it get any higher. I am already down 4 since starting 17 days ago. I also joined the Run the year challenge and committed to 800 miles in 2021. I completed my first 5k race this morning(I have never been a runner) and I am pumped to get this weight off in the next year! Good luck everyone and thanks for helping me be accountable. I have started to track my food intake the last 2 days because of this group!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,509 Member
    Options
    lannakin wrote: »
    Hello everybody my name is Lanna. My goal is to lose 35-40 lbs. I am at the weight I was at my largest being pregnant and will not let it get any higher. I am already down 4 since starting 17 days ago. I also joined the Run the year challenge and committed to 800 miles in 2021. I completed my first 5k race this morning(I have never been a runner) and I am pumped to get this weight off in the next year! Good luck everyone and thanks for helping me be accountable. I have started to track my food intake the last 2 days because of this group!

@lannakin Welcome! 🙋‍♀️
  • brandi_84
    Options
    lannakin wrote: »

@lannakin
    Hi Lanna. Welcome to TBBT! Congrats on completing your first 5k this morning. Way to start the year!!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Sandra and joined this group last year. I am 55 and have gained weight over the last 10 years or so. I have been yo-yoing for some time in this group but finally have posted losses for the last few weeks. I want to keep that going in the New Year.

My plan is to eat 1350 calories a day, with at least 20% from protein. I am also doing the couch to 10K. I'd gotten off it for about two weeks, but have restarted and can run 20 minutes. I am slow, but am more concerned about building up the time. I would like to run with my border collie puppy, once she gets more used to going on walks.

My husband and I have two grown daughters and they have been here for the holidays and it is wonderful!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,509 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Sandra and joined this group last year. I am 55 and have gained weight over the last 10 years or so. I have been yo-yoing for some time in this group but finally have posted losses for the last few weeks. I want to keep that going in the New Year.

My plan is to eat 1350 calories a day, with at least 20% from protein. I am also doing the couch to 10K. I'd gotten off it for about two weeks, but have restarted and can run 20 minutes. I am slow, but am more concerned about building up the time. I would like to run with my border collie puppy, once she gets more used to going on walks.

My husband and I have two grown daughters and they have been here for the holidays and it is wonderful!

@richmondwriter Welcome back Sandra! Great job on the couch to 10k. I tried running a few times doing various local charity 5k's and have decided it's just not for me. I'm sure your puppy will love it, she can "herd" you. ☺️
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    MUAC for 12/31:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercised: yes - 20 minute walk

MUAC for 1/1:
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercised: no

Something new that I did to start the new year was take my measurements and log it into myfitnesspal. I avoided doing this before, but am glad to have done it to have a reality check and a comparable going forward.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just signed up under Newbies since it's been more than a year since I was on this team, but I'm hoping to be re-assigned to BBT and refocus for 2021! If I end up on a different team instead, I wish you all well, and Happy New Year!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    A big welcome to all new and returning members of The Big Butt Theory!!!

My name is Christine, and I am your captain for TBBT! I have been with our team since February of 2019, and have given a lot of credit to this group for motivating me along my weight loss journey! My co-captain is @brandi_84. Please, feel free to reach out to either of us if you need to! We run a couple challenges(optional!) within the group. One is the MUAC, which Brandi has mentioned in the previous post, and a Step/Water challenge, that I will discuss in a post after this introduction! :) If you have a fitbit, and are interested in some fitbit challenges feel free to add me, here is the link to my profile: https://www.fitbit.com/user/5P8W7K We have a small number of fitbit challenge participants, but the more the merrier! :)

I am 28 years old and live in Connecticut, USA. I am a dog mom to a one year old named Dillon and a 10 year old named Roy(Corduroy). One of my favorite things to do is walk with my fiance and the dogs. I enjoy hiking, exploring new places, and spending time with friends and family. For the most part, anything that gets me outside is something I enjoy!

I am engaged and getting married in February, so I plan to really kick things back into high gear! I am finally working off some small gains from the past few months, and hope to tie the knot at my closest weight!

My goals to start the year:
    • 1400 calories + exercise calories when needed, 5 days each week.
    • 16,000 steps, 5 days a week
    • Eating between 7am and 3pm, 5 days each week.
    • 64oz water daily
    • Bike 20 minutes 3x weekly.
    • Check in with group at least five days each week.

I also participate in the Game of Thrones Challenge, as well as the Hogwarts Weight Loss challenge. These groups offer extra challenges focused on weight loss, exercise, healthy eating, etc. and I find that the two groups, along with TBBT give me multiple areas to focus on for my success!

I have lost about 78lb since I began my weight loss journey in November of 2018. Below is my monthly weigh ins and my progress since beginning my weight loss, along with my monthly progress with the team.
    Starting Weight(11/26/2018): 246.0lb
    2019 (TBBT Progress)
    February SW: 235.5
    March SW: 224.2
    April SW: 221.2
    May SW: 219.1
    June SW: 216.2
    July SW: 211.8
    August SW: 206.4
    September SW: 204.5
    October SW: 201.9
    November SW: 200.0
    December SW: 197.3

2020 (TBBT Progress)
    January SW: 194.6
    February SW: 192.1
    March SW: 186.6
    April SW: 186.0
    May SW: 186.6
    June SW: 181.2
    July SW: 179.6
    August SW: 169.3
    September SW: 165.0
    October SW: 166.9
    November SW: 168.1
    December SW: 172.9

January SW: 168.3

I am very excited to start another month and a new year with many familiar members, but am also excited to get to know some of our new members! Please share your name and a short introduction if you can! TBBT is one of the most supportive teams I have ever been a part of! :) Best of luck in January, team!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Step & Water Challenge Info
    Information on our Step/Water Challenge! These challenges will run weekly, from Sunday through Saturday. Our first week will run January 3-9th. These challenges run with the same timeline as our weekly weigh-ins and our MUAC challenge. I have added optional tracking for the MUAC, just place a 1 in each "yes" category or a 0 for any "no".

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink! If you measure by something other than ounces, please let me know what unit you use, I will adjust the spreadsheet.

Here is the spreadsheet
    Once you have been added to the spreadsheet, feel free to add your daily numbers in(of course, only for your username!) I do my best to try to keep up, but admit that I may miss a few logs here and there!!! :)

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 ALONG WITH YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL(not daily) AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE CHALLENGE! :)
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I was in a while ago and then out. If I can access this page does it mean I can still participate in BBT?
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    CJDaniel7 wrote: »
    I was in a while ago and then out. If I can access this page does it mean I can still participate in BBT?

@CJDaniel7 you need to register on the registration page and you can request to rejoin TBBT :)
  • CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    CJDaniel7 wrote: »

@CJDaniel7 you need to register on the registration page and you can request to rejoin TBBT :)
    Great I did that earlier, thanks!
  • annabananamc
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 - how do we find out when/if we get assigned to this group? I was on in 2019, but not since then. I posted my weigh in under new members thread and I THINK I registered on the registration page. I hope to be back in BBT!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @annabananamc either tonight or tomorrow Ashley will post your team assignment in the registration page. Most likely she will reassign you with us :) she has a lot on her plate and is the only one that assigns the teams! :)
  • annabananamc
    Options
    @annabananamc either tonight or tomorrow Ashley will post your team ... she has a lot on her plate and is the only one that assigns the teams! :)

Holy cow, that is a big job!! I am grateful for her (and for you!)

• maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 - I would like to participate in the steps/water challenge. My weekly goal for steps is 30,000. I'm hoping to do 10,000 a day for at least 3 days this week. Hoping that is a reasonable goal for me, I have only been doing the 10 steps from my home office to my refrigerator for awhile so, I might be overly optimistic. But there is only one way to find out...commit and begin!
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 I would like to join the water and step challenge. 35,000/week. Thank you 😊
This discussion has been closed.