January a month of surprises and parties

zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 7,000 Member
I have to wear this funny, uncomfortable weighted vest thing at work. It is not very giving. Darn thing is getting tight, I mean TIGHT! Angie and I are walking the stairs at work again. Got to love a climb up 6 flights from basement to rooftop.

Shelley

Replies

• zumbaforever
    A month from now you can either have a month of progress or a month of excuses why you didn’t. Let’s start the new year on a positive note. <3

I copied that from Kathy. Seems fitting to start the month with it again. Mine was a month of excuses in December. Lets see me do better this month. Thanks Kathy!

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    A month from now you can either have a month of progress or a month of excuses why you didn’t. Let’s start the new year on a positive note. <3

I copied that from Kathy. Seems fitting to start the month with it again. Mine was a month of excuses in December. Lets see me do better this month. Thanks Kathy!

Shelley

I’m with you Shelley. December was a complete disaster. I yo yo’d the entire month. Time to begin again and no excuses!

Thanks my friend.

Kathy

• zumbaforever
    Thanks Kathy! I am excited for the new month and a bit nervous. I really want to succeed. I even got my hubby to work out a little last night while dinner was in the oven.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Highest weight ever: 178
    January starting weight: 155.4
    January goal weight: 153.
    Ultimate goal weight: 140

I am going to start out slowly and see where it takes me. I am guessing at my highest weight ever. It was somewhere around that to maybe 180.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member
    I'm with you guys. I'm walking 5 days a week at least 4 miles. If I don't get 4 mile w/DH then I'll go off by myself for the rest of my miles. I'm working w/my trainer 3 time a week 60 mins each workout session. I am doing IF ...wish I'd written down when I started doing it but...I didn't.

Highest weight ever: 192.2 (08/18/05)
    December ending weight: 145.8
    January goal weight: 143.0
    Ultimate goal weight: 132.2

01/01 -
    01/04 -
    01/11 -
    01/18 -
    01/25 -
    01/31 -

Chris
  • cpanus
    I just finished updating our 2021 calendar with birthdays, anniversaries, special events. Every January I tape a list of my weights when I started Weight Watchers 15 years ago on 8/18/05. I post my August weight and December 31's weight...it's a bit crazy for sure...this is my highest weight year since 2005!! I am determined to get back down.

135.0 by my birthday in March is my first goal. Then it's on down to 132.2 which is my original 60 pound loss back in the day. And, you, my friends, will help keep me strong!! I love you all!

Chris
  • cpanus

Shelley

This is a great one...No Excuses, my friends! Let's stick together and help each other.

Shelley...I got my DH to do 4 miles this morning instead of walking an hour. We only get 3 miles done in an hour these days. It will get better over time, I'm sure.

We got this, ladies!

Chris
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Highest Weight 2013: 345
    Lowest Weight: 127
    Current weight: 174.6
    January end goal: 169
    Ultimate goal weight range: 139-144

A month from now you can either have a month of progress or a month of excuses why you didn’t. Love this ! The key for me is clarifying the currently blurred line between want and NEED. Everything I want is not a NEED and I have to be aware of my tendency toward instant gratification. In an effort to shift back from dopamine production from sugar and carbs to endorphins derived from activity, I’m starting my sugar / carb detox with daily MFP logging and 8,000+ steps a day 5+ times per week.
  • cpanus
    Hi! @dlmciver! Welcome to our party.

Chris
  • KAR1959
    Highest weight ever: 248
    December ending weight: 188.8
    January goal weight: 184.8
    Ultimate goal weight: 148

01/01 -188.8
    01/05 -
    01/12 -
    01/19 -
    01/26 -
    01/31 -

Health, self care and reaching my goal weight are my plans for 2021. I will continue to work out at least 5 days a week. But I know I’ve got to get my food issues under control to be successful. It looks like we’re all in the no excuses zone. Let’s do this!

Welcome dlmciver to our group!

Happy 2021
    Kathy
  • cpanus
    I'm with you guys. I'm walking 5 days a week at least 4 miles. If I don't get 4 mile w/DH then I'll go off by myself for the rest of my miles. I'm working w/my trainer 3 time a week 60 mins each workout session. I am doing IF ...wish I'd written down when I started doing it but...I didn't.

01/01 - 144.6 at 8:00 a.m. ...nothing today...it's our day off.
    01/04 -
    01/11 -
    01/18 -
    01/25 -
    01/31 -

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    I keep thinking of my daughter. She HAS to really cut a lot of things from her plate. If she doesn't she will be sick. No excuses. My thighs were sore from that YouTube workout. So many squats!
    dlmciver wrote: »
    Highest Weight 2013: 345
    Lowest Weight: 127
    Current weight: 174.6
    January end goal: 169
    Ultimate goal weight range: 139-144

A month from now you can either have a month of progress or a month of excuses why you didn’t. Love this ! The key for me is clarifying the currently blurred line between want and NEED. Everything I want is not a NEED and I have to be aware of my tendency toward instant gratification. In an effort to shift back from dopamine production from sugar and carbs to endorphins derived from activity, I’m starting my sugar / carb detox with daily MFP logging and 8,000+ steps a day 5+ times per week.

Glad you are with us. What would you like to be called? Since you have read some of our posts here you already know what we are called.

Shelley
  • dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Oops ! Diane, thank you !
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,515 Member
    I'm 100% in gals!! No excuses in 2021! So just had my 49th birthday on the 28th....one year to 50! I made a goal at 48 that I would work to be in the best physical and mental shape of my life by 50...and I'm on track! I have lost 30 of the 40 pounds I regained, have tackled some of the underlying reasons why I turn to food (that's a daily journey lol), focussed on my chronic sleep issues (up to an average of 6.5 to 7 hours a night from 4.5hrs ( a gorgeous thing!), and keep on moving. I want those last 10lbs off and for my size 8 jeans to be worthy to wear in public. They fit and I can breath, but might offend with the panty lines lol!

Also going to do a dry January....had plenty of alcohol in December;)

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 155
    11/30 - 168.4
    12/1 - 167.2
    12/29 - 166.2
    Jan goal - 164

Have a healthy Saturday!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Welcome Diane!!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Had to share a photo of the crown of roast pork I made for dinner last night. I don’t normally cook New Year’s Day because we go to my cousins for pork and sauerkraut. Not this year with Covid. So I decided to give this puppy a whirl :-) it was definitely a commitment but oh my goodness was just delicious. Starting off the year with some good luck hopefully :-)

3w77k21dx6a2.jpeg
  • zumbaforever
    I went and got the first shot this morning. So far I am fine. Did not even feel the shot. My little Joey slept through it

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    dlmciver wrote: »
    Oops ! Diane, thank you !

Nice to meet you Diane! Tell us something about yourself.

Karen, I have never attempted something like that. The carrots look so bright next to the meat. Is that stuffing I see in it? What a masterpiece.

So my shoulder is becoming painful. I have been moving it often. Nothing other than that.

Shell
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    Hey Shell,

Very interesting to hear how the vaccine is taking. Hope the pain is gone soon.

Thanks for the updates.

Take care!!!
    Paula

• cpanus
    Thanks for the update, Shelley.

We had the S, P, R & Bean over for an early dinner. I was pretty good...did have a cookie tho. Maybe a bit of salt in the wrap I had. Only ate half of it. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Sara goes back to work on Monday. Her District is still deciding what to do after June. Right now it's still distance learning. As Admin she does have to go in. She goes in one week and is at home the next week which is different than last term. We'll be getting Ronan every day.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    You two are welcome. I won't lie, it is pretty sore and stiff. I just keep moving it. It is better than the alternative. Can't even see where it was given. Very small gauge needle. I was really tired today. Not sure if it was the wind keeping me up or the vaccine. Fell asleep for an hour.

I did not do good today. I think most of the candy and junk food is almost gone.

Chris that is a great start. You rock!

Shell
  • kjs1228
    Shelley - The top was an apple and sourdough bread stuffing...quite nice...

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Chris please tell Sara to be extra cautious. I have two nieces that are teachers... one in a private daycare and another that’s a 4th grade teacher. Both tested positive this past week. Both are doing well now. The daycare teacher is also pregnant so that made it especially scary. The 4th grade teacher is a breast cancer survivor. Both work in the classroom. They both are very upbeat and expect a full recovery hopefully without complications.

This was especially hard on my parents to have two of there grandchildren test positive in the same week. We are all praying for both. Sending special prayers to Sara. And to you all!

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    Wishing good luck to everyone dealing with this coronovirus transition we're going through. It feels like we're nearing the end, and Shelley, you're pioneering it for us. Kathy, good luck to your nieces and your parents for both physical and mental health! This is such a scary virus. It's really nice to hear they're getting better. Chris, I know you're innately careful. Wishing your whole family the best as you re-activate.

Our former Half Moon Bay Chief of Police, Dennis Wick, died from Covid last week. An amazing man. Right now it feels like we've almost made it, and yet is is claiming more lives than ever each day. So sad...!

<3<3<3 paula <3<3<3
  • cpanus
    edited January 2021
    Shelley, I hope your shoulder is getting better. And I'm glad the candy and junk food are almost gone. I threw out a bunch of stuff today.

Kathy, I am so sorry for your Nieces. Man! I'm glad they are getting better. I'm sending good thoughts.

Paula, it's sad about your Chief of Police. We have to be very careful, ladies.

Thank You, both, for your Well Wishes for Sara. When she has to go into the office and there are two Office Clerks. The all wear masks and are clear across the room from each other. Sara can close her door which she does. They are really careful. No children on campus. This will be the way it works for the rest of this school year. Next year is still up in the air.

I am going to read for the rest of today. ;)

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Kathy so glad they are both doing better. I am saying an extra prayer for the baby.

Paula I agree. We are not out of danger. We are still losing to many. My arm is still a bit sore. When you get yours exercise it. Move it and don't stop more than an hour.

Chris wishing Sara the best. I should have thrown it out. Candy is not dandy.

My friend Angie spends a lot of time with her neighbor. Angie also got the vaccine yesterday. Today she has a 99.7 temperature and her neighbor tested positive for Covid. Scary.

Shell

• PaulaKro
    Highest weight: 317 (2013)
    January 31st goal weight: 160
    March post-covid ending goal weight: 145
    Ultimate goal weight: 135

December 30: 166.2
    January 3: 166.0
    January 10:
    January 17:
    January 24:
    January 31:

Paula
  • cpanus

01/01 - 144.6 at 8:00 a.m. ...nothing today...it's our day off.
    01/04 - 145.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    01/11 -
    01/18 -
    01/25 -
    01/31 -

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris what new things is your trainer going to let you start on?

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Highest weight ever: 248
    December ending weight: 188.8
    January goal weight: 184.8
    Ultimate goal weight: 148

01/01 -188.8
    01/05 - 187.9
    01/12 -
    01/19 -
    01/26 -