January a month of surprises and parties

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,794 Member
    Paula I am related to the Hatfields on my mothers side. And thanks. 4 years and I retire. I don't like some of the attitudes at work lately. Couple of hot heads. We need to teach tolerance. Focus on the positive. Hate is easy. Love takes work. Let down the barriers and give someone a hug.

Chris just skip a few birthdays, let him pass you. :p

Shelley

I agree with everything that has been said here. Be positive, be kind, show respect.

Wow! Shelley, that's a good one!! Hatfields! Do you know the whole story ...are there secrets we've never heard?

Skipping birthdays is an incredible Idea!! I'll just eat cake and not tell anybody why!!! :D

Sara's very best friend caught the virus. They grew up together. So sad. Her name is Holly. She's married w/two very young boys. Husband and sons tested negative. She is recovering at home, getting better each day. We had dinners delivered to them. Then I made soup, added a container of cheese, bought a salad bowl...A Bistro salad...and Sara dropped it off yesterday. I'll be making another soup for them today, ordered more salad... Please send your good thoughts to Holly. I nicknamed her Hollywood years ago and still call her that.

Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Good news...Mom got an appointment for her COVID vaccine this Saturday! Her local pharmacy just got some in....so much for the state website! Just glad she is getting it!

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 7,000 Member
    Sorry Chris, no details. I do know the McCoys started it. Muahahahaha Glad to hear you are taking care of Hollywood. What a great nickname to have.

Karen my mom will have hers on Friday. Be glad when all of our high risk family and friends can be vaccinated.

My new wave pumps for the coral tank arrive tonight. I need to get them set up so the coral can do better. These ones can mimic the ocean and I can control the amount of current. Should really help.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    Sorry Chris, no details. I do know the McCoys started it. Muahahahaha Shelley
    Wow! A Hatfield; impressive!! I looked it up in Wikipedia and it started with other things, but...
    • The feud escalated after Roseanna McCoy entered a relationship with Devil Anse's son Johnson, leaving her family to live with the Hatfields in West Virginia.
    Like Romeo and Juliet; so romantic but so sad...

Congratulation on everyone's family's getting vaccinations.

Chris, It sounds like Hollywood is doing well! You're an angel!

paula
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    My parents are both on a wait list for the vaccine. My understanding is distribution in Georgia has been a nightmare. I’m also on the waitlist because I’m their caregiver and they live with me. I was told it could be days or could be weeks. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I watched the inauguration most of the morning and afternoon. It’s like a weight has been lifted and the sun is shining bright. I believe Biden can bring this country together. I just hope he gets the bipartisan support it will take. The highlights for me were Amanda Gorman and the video of the three former presidents where they raked about civility and working together. Also the beautiful voice of Lady Gaga. She absolutely killed the National Anthem.

Kathy
  • kjs1228
    I’m forever looking for a delicious low carb pasta.....and I finally found one! And reasonably priced all things told. Mom ordered a case!

Al Dente Carba-Nada Egg Fettuccine, 10-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
    by Amazon.com
    Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FZRYPO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_6IIcGbJTNK6Y3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Happy Friday ladies! What a long short week!!

Not much planned for the weekend. Hoping it is nice enough outside to go and hike or something.

Have a great day!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    kjs1228 wrote: »
    I’m forever looking for a delicious low carb pasta.....and I finally found one! And reasonably priced all things told. Mom ordered a case!

Al Dente Carba-Nada Egg Fettuccine, 10-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
    by Amazon.com
    Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FZRYPO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_6IIcGbJTNK6Y3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Karen

Karen,

Thanks for sharing. I need to order these for sure.

Kathy

• cpanus
    Hollywood is doing better and better. She's loves the soup. I'll get them another batch Monday.

Karen, I've got your noodles in my Amazon bag.

Kathy, better day have to be ahead of us.

Comcast seems to be having trouble...maybe the rain!!! Landlines not working right.

Pat got his vaccine today. Me? Still waiting... :p

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Kathy I also like Lady Gaga. She is really out there some times though. Sadly though some of the things that out new President is doing with oil rights on government land, the leases, is already costing jobs here. I hope it is only temporary. Enjoy those noodles. I may need to look into them. Have you heard anything about more vaccines in your area?

Chris I am glad Pat was able to get his today. My mom got hers also. And one of my nieces since she works in a hospital, on the Covid patient ward.

Karen it was a very short week. Love this type. We need more short work weeks. ;)

I managed to get my new wave pumps installed and up and making an ocean type current. Hope my corals like it. Especially my dark blue clam. I left work early today due to a migraine.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Shelley,
    Migraines are the worst! Hope you're feeling better now.
    Paula
  • cpanus
    Shelley, How's your head?

We walked this morning and now I'm shopping/gathering indigence for Holly's next soup. I'll make enough so Sara can have some. It's a really good one. I'll make it tomorrow.

Nothing planned for the rest of the day...reading and coffee! :D

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Thanks gals. Mostly better today. Just a bit tired. But still managed some little projects.

Must mess with my lights over the coral tank tomorrow. I don't like all the blue color!

Shell
  • kjs1228
    Shelley - glad you are feeling better. Migraines are nasty. What color are you thinking now?

I'm going to make a vegetable lasagna today....we are typically meat eaters here, but trying to lighten it up a bit ;)

It is bone chilling cold here.....snow tomorrow.

Took Mom to get her COVID vaccine yesterday. The Moderna one. She feels good so far ;) Grateful that she is on her way. Hoping there aren't issues with her getting #2....

Karen
  • cpanus
    Pat got his vaccine Friday. Sore shoulder is all.

Made a noodle/hamburger dish for Hollywood. Got cheese, baked loaf of bread, jello w/dinosaurs inside for her two boys, and jello/whip cream (forget what it's called) for dessert. Got her next dinner planned.

Sara and Pete are working on Ronan's room...getting him a new "big kid" bed and places for all his toys. Ronan is very excited about it. We'll see if he wants to sleep in there. He says, "Yes!"

Chris
  • kjs1228
    Chris - the big kid bed sounds exciting! Sounds like a good day!

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    Karen while I don't like the blue, I still have to have a lot of the blue spectrum. I found this report to help me explain some of it. It is the answer to a question

Your question intrigued me and I went into the lab for a few hours to get some answers for you. I used a PAR meter to determine PAR (or correctly PPFD), a Seneye to estimate Kelvin, an Ocean Optics spectrometer and proprietary software for spectral analyses, and a Kill-A-Watt meter to measure power consumption. To make a long story short, it is quite possible to create a light with an approximate 10,000K rating. Many roads lead to Rome when attempting to spectral tune lighting, but these setting on the Uno achieved 10,617K:
    Cool White, Warm White, Amber and Lime all at 100%; Blue @15%; Royal Blue @ 36%; Violet and 420nm #18%; 400nm @ 21%. Visually, the light was a crisp white light. The luminaire was 6.75" above the PAR sensor and at this setting produced a PAR measurement peaking at 1,000 microMol/m2/sec (at full power on all channels, PAR peaked at 4,000 microMol/m2/sec - about twice sunlight intensity at noon on a clear day.) At the referenced settings, red light was about 18% of the total - just a tad higher than I prefer, but acceptable. Instead on focusing on whether red light promotes unwanted algal growths, I think we should look at the impact of red light on corals' zooxanthellae. Red light is known to regulate zooxanthellae cell density and/or chlorophyll content (hence my preference to minimize red radiation.)

One other thing I noticed - no matter how many LEDs were on (1 Warm White or 10 Royal Blues), the light distribution pattern was always 18" in diameter. Of course, the light intensity was different but the distribution was always the same - a testament to color mixing of the Uno's ReeFlectors.

So this guy is a light expert. And has all the equipment to test the levels of his light at any depth. I do not. Kind of like playing Russian roulette. Though I am planning on purchasing a PAR or PPFK unit some day.

Chris I remember the kids getting their first big kids bed. I think we were as excited as they were. :smiley:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    I'm with you guys. I'm walking 5 days a week at least 4 miles. If I don't get 4 mile w/DH then I'll go off by myself for the rest of my miles. I'm working w/my trainer 3 time a week 60 mins each workout session. I am doing IF ...wish I'd written down when I started doing it but...I didn't.

Highest weight ever: 192.2 (08/18/05)
    December ending weight: 145.8
    January goal weight: 143.0
    Ultimate goal weight: 132.2

01/01 - 144.6 at 8:00 a.m. ...nothing today...it's our day off.
    01/04 - 145.0 at 5:30 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    01/11 - 145.4 at 6:00 a.m. ...zero exercise.
    01/18 - 144.2 at 8:00 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    01/25 - 144.4 at 5:30 a.m. ...60 min workout w/trainer
    01/31 -

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Highest weight: 317 (2013)
    January 31st goal weight: 160
    March post-covid ending goal weight: 145
    Ultimate goal weight: 135

December 30: 166.2
    January 3: 166.0
    January 10: 165.5
    January 17: 164.5
    January 24: 163.4
    January 31:

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Karen while I don't like the blue, I still have to have a lot of the blue spectrum. I found this report to help me explain some of it. It is the answer to a question
    Your question intrigued me and I went into the lab for a few hours to get some answers for you. I used a PAR meter to determine PAR (or correctly PPFD), a Seneye to estimate Kelvin, an Ocean Optics spectrometer and proprietary software for spectral analyses, and a Kill-A-Watt meter to measure power consumption. To make a long story short, it is quite possible to create a light with an approximate 10,000K rating. Many roads lead to Rome when attempting to spectral tune lighting, but these setting on the Uno achieved 10,617K:
    Cool White, Warm White, Amber and Lime all at 100%; Blue @15%; Royal Blue @ 36%; Violet and 420nm #18%; 400nm @ 21%. Visually, the light was a crisp white light. The luminaire was 6.75" above the PAR sensor and at this setting produced a PAR measurement peaking at 1,000 microMol/m2/sec (at full power on all channels, PAR peaked at 4,000 microMol/m2/sec - about twice sunlight intensity at noon on a clear day.) At the referenced settings, red light was about 18% of the total - just a tad higher than I prefer, but acceptable. Instead on focusing on whether red light promotes unwanted algal growths, I think we should look at the impact of red light on corals' zooxanthellae. Red light is known to regulate zooxanthellae cell density and/or chlorophyll content (hence my preference to minimize red radiation.)

One other thing I noticed - no matter how many LEDs were on (1 Warm White or 10 Royal Blues), the light distribution pattern was always 18" in diameter. Of course, the light intensity was different but the distribution was always the same - a testament to color mixing of the Uno's ReeFlectors.
    So this guy is a light expert. And has all the equipment to test the levels of his light at any depth. I do not. Kind of like playing Russian roulette. Though I am planning on purchasing a PAR or PPFK unit some day.

Shelley

Wow, Shelley,
    I never realized fish biospheres were so complex. You make it sound really interesting. Would love to see pictures and hear fish stories, if you have any.
    paula <3
  • kjs1228
    I agree Shelley! So interesting! I had fish all through my childhood. Nothing near as amazing as you have, but I loved them, and still really enjoy fish ;)

Would love to see pictures also!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Highest weight ever: 248
    December ending weight: 188.8
    January goal weight: 184.8
    Ultimate goal weight: 148

01/01 - 188.8
    01/05 - 187.9
    01/12 - 188.2😞
    01/19 - 186.6
    01/26 - 187.6 ☹️
    01/31 -

Kathy

• zumbaforever
    It is a complicated mess at times. I am just trying to really learn about SPS corals. Which are the corals that make up the reefs. They are picky little things. While the fish are fun to watch it is the other critters that I find interesting. Last weekend I knocked my red hermit crab off of one of my snails. I think it was trying to eat him! It never has done that before that I know of. I was like a mad woman. I remember years ago when this shrimp I had that lived under the rock got ahold of one of my soft corals. It drug it under the rocks. I tried to catch it and only managed to get my shirt soaked. Never did recover that little coral. >:)

Shell
  • zumbaforever
    I will have to look into finding a better way to take photos of my corals. The first real SPS were those in that bad shipping experiment. There were 7. 6 are still hanging in there. Some barely. Some are doing pretty good. But they were all just tiny little guys. Some I fragged, cut and put onto new plugs, to keep it from totally dying. Trying to get the light correct to encourage them to thrive.

Shell
  • cpanus
    Cloudy all morning then sprinkles this afternoon. Supposed to rain the next three days. We do have some fierce wind, tho.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris we get lots of wind also. And here is a new photo of my clam. Growing very well

Shelley

• zumbaforever
    The brownish color is normal for this guy. He is ok
  • PaulaKro
    Chris we get lots of wind also. And here is a new photo of my clam. Growing very well

Shelley

It is beautiful, Shelley. Wow...
  • kjs1228
    Nice Shelley!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Thought we left the wind behind when we moved to this house, but...nnoooo! Too cold, rainy and windy for me today. We started to get ready to walk then went outside to see how many layers we needed...fixed us right up!! Supposed to rain again tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see.

Chris