WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have a new goal. The new remake of All Things Great and Small is on Masterpiece. Always loved the original series way back and the new one with the glorious countryside is inspiring. I've learned there's a "Herriots way walk" 50 miles spread out over 4 days in the Yorkshire Dales - when travel is easier, and my life lets up a bit, going to do that walk with a friend who just needs to get her over 50 swollen knee in better shape. https://www.herriotway.com/route/. I did the West Highland Way a couple decades ago and love that sort of hike.
    In the meantime, with heavy rain in the forecast for tomorrow, I'm going to drag myself out of the warm house and get a walk in before it gets too dark.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    CW - 257.3 lbs
    PW - 260.3 lbs

Great loss, AGAIN!!!!

thank you! It's definitely going well. I feel fortunate that there is no sign of a plateau so far. I am mostly eating the same way I was eating 6 months ago, except that I have a tub of icecream(low calorie) every alternate day now
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals. Steps today 13,145.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Hi all! I have a new goal. The new remake of All Things Great and Small is on Masterpiece. Always loved the original series way back and the new one with the glorious countryside is inspiring. I've learned there's a "Herriots way walk" 50 miles spread out over 4 days in the Yorkshire Dales - when travel is easier, and my life lets up a bit, going to do that walk with a friend who just needs to get her over 50 swollen knee in better shape. https://www.herriotway.com/route/. I did the West Highland Way a couple decades ago and love that sort of hike.
    In the meantime, with heavy rain in the forecast for tomorrow, I'm going to drag myself out of the warm house and get a walk in before it gets too dark.
    That looks amazing! Now I'm putting it on my "hope to do" list.
  • jugar
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    This morning I did a sweaty 12 minute Tabata workout before continuing with my January yoga challenge - it felt good, but tomorrow morning I think I'll do a dance workout instead!

Tabata is intense! You earned that shower, and the shower bouncer let you in!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi all!
    I had a wonderful walk this afternoon - I was just going to walk to the mailbox and back (a mile each way), but it was beautiful out, so I kept going, took a skidoo trail up into the woods until I hit one of my snowshoe tracks and kept on going. It is quite a high ridge to climb, but then I get back onto our land, and made it home just as it was getting dark. It sure made me hustle along - new moon was last night, so it gets really dark!

There are a few Friday weigh-ins still due - it is getting dark on week 2 also, so hustle now!
    @healthygirlintransit
    @evangsimmons170
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @Steph1498

And get ready for Saturday:
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @sunny9847

Week 3 starts Sunday, and Week 3 is often the toughest one of the month. Look back to your enthusiastic commitments from the beginning of the month. What is still working? What are you struggling with, if anything? Any changes to make? Let's try to keep the January energy flowing so that those green numbers at the end of the month show the effect of your efforts.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Turns out the downside to having husband around while I get my cardio on is... he makes me giggle! I can't do anything when I laugh. I become utterly helpless.

He made me try a song I can't beat yet on double speed so he could laugh at me flailing. =D

I am lacking in stamina. I gotta grind stats.
    You are so lucky to have a husband who cracks you right up! I'll bet you were an amazing sight while flailing, and yep - you gotta work on that stamina! :heart:
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for January 15
    Thank you!!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    PW: 161.4
    CW: 160.2
    ...One thing that I have noticed is my heart rate is rather lower than it has been in the past, for most of January it has been at ~52 bpm. In the past its been in the 60's even when I ran frequently - I'm not concerned health wise just curious... any ideas?

Well, you gave up caffeine. That can make a difference. How’s your hydration? Have you read anything about bradycardia? Check out “.org” or “.edu” sources for more accurate information. If it seems too low and worrisome, report to your doctor, just to have it on record, if nothing else.

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed are you doing the Yoga with Adriene Breath journey this month? I thought I saw you mention Adriene - I am too!! I absolutely adore her, this is the first year I've done her January thing. Loving it so far.

@micki48 my steps this week so far:
    9sgke6h2kqqp.png

Glad we started another fitbite challenge for Monday! I actually barely beat my dad, by about 1k steps, although my mom and sister could not keep up in my family challenge haha.

Rainy Saturday here which is a bit of a bummer as I have lots of errands to run and I am definitely walking for them. Praise large umbrellas.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2

PW 196
    CW 196 (I kid you not)

I'm happy that I am maintaining. I have not been super focused. It's good to know that I have mostly figured out how to maintain, without thinking about it too much. At some point, I hope my focus can be laser sharp again and I can get back to losing some weight. I was a bit lower yesterday, but that was not my official weigh in day.

Glad to have our step challenge on fitbit this week. You all are stepping beasts!! I sent you all a new challenge for next week.
  • micki48
    Options
    @conleywoods You made me laugh out loud with the bowl full of dog biscuits!! I know they were happy.

We once tore up newspaper when we ran out of cat litter. Not quite the same bit of funny, but innovative just the same.

@SMcFall0215 Great loss!!!
  • micki48
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    PW: 161.4
    CW: 160.2

Yeah! I have been maintaining my focus on eating real food and having a dry January. All's good for now. I have few cravings with the exception of coffee, but I think that's because its cold here. Like to see the this progress finally.

One thing that I have noticed is my heart rate is rather lower than it has been in the past, for most of January it has been at ~52 bpm. In the past its been in the 60's even when I ran frequently - I'm not concerned health wise just curious... any ideas?

Nice loss, Steph. Heart rates do move up and down. I noticed once when I was getting sick, it went way up. But you are still getting lots of steps. I notice just a bit of regular walking gets my HR to go down. I have also had some dips into the 50s lately. Maybe it's a planetary thing.;)

Had a long zoom call with my bff this morning talking politics. Now I really need to get moving. It's been a slow moving day, which is fine. I give myself permission to do that. I do need to get the last of the outside Christmas decorations down. Couldn't when it was raining. I see sun now.

Peace :)
This discussion has been closed.