WaistAways - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    @micki48 so YOU have the sunshine! I wondered where it went. It's been pretty sparse in this part of the country this month. It seems we've had maybe 4 hours since the beginning of the year. Sheesh. Thank goodness for my "light box". It's kept my electricity costs up a tad but that's better than the stay-in-bed-all-the-damned-day option.
    It's been weird around here. I'm not inspired or motivated to do much of anything. I feel as though I'm busy doing things all day and feel tired, as though I've gotten a lot done but, don't have much to show for it. I guess I topped off on national anxiety and got stuck in the rut of fear.
    So, my goal for the coming week is to focus on meditating every day and getting at least 8 K steps in. If I get up earlier in the morning, I can certainly get meditation in before Monica gets up - close to 3 hours after I get up. It's always been a challenge to get my interests tended to when anyone else is home. You'd think I'd be better at it since the girls are 38 and 35 years old and my spouse is certainly able to figure out their own activities without my watchful anticipation!
    @jugar it sounds like an interesting plan to bike in the evening. I'll have to try out my mini-pedalling machine (more like an elliptical than bike or stepper) sooner than Monica gets to it. Maybe I'll try to ride *her* bike (in the basement - regular bike up on a support and likely a bit too tall for me but...worth a shot).
    It's been good reading everyone's threads during the past week. I admit that sometimes, I get discouraged because I compare my experiences to your success. Since "comparisons are odious" (an apt quote from a friend in Thailand), I know it's something to stop doing. Time for more "tiny habits"!
    Onwards and downwards - well, weight wise, at least!
    Enjoy the process everyone.
    I'll try to do the same.
    <3
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    @Kali225 yes, I am doing Adriene's 30 day challenge. Like you, this is the first time I've done one of her 30 day challenges - on consecutive days. I normally just do one of her practices as an occasional change. But I'm glad that I decided to do this challenge. I think I'm getting better at it too!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    @micki48 steps for January 16
    Not many, but I feel like I’ve been moving all day. Haha
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    @sunny9847
    Great week! Your steps and weight loss are impressive. You must be getting close to goal - what is your goal weight right now?

@evelynladams527
    I know what you mean about having a hard time getting your own stuff down when anyone else is in the house. I used to be better at it when I had no choice (work and regular concert performances were good for something!), but now I find it really hard. I prefer to practice only when the house is empty, but that is highly impractical and leaves me at the mercy of someone else's comings and goings. I know it does not bother anyone, but for some weird reason it is uncomfortable. So we'll try to take the first part of that sentence, remember that it does NOT bother anyone, and just do it. Schedule it, put reminders on our phones, set an alarm, whatever it takes, and just do the things. We don't live alone. We want to get stuff done. So we have to find a way! Start with one thing and let us know how it goes :smiley:

@micki48
    Good job maintaining in this crazy time! Thanks for organizing the fitbit step challenges - they really help when things get a bit slo-mo. Let's hope there are no more unbelievable days in the US this week...

So, gang - get those last weigh-ins done and week 2 will be a wrap!
  • PW:218
    CW:218
    Hit a plateau I guess. Still tracking and moving so hopefully next week will see a drop
  • jugar
    PW:218
    CW:218
    Hit a plateau I guess. Still tracking and moving so hopefully next week will see a drop

Plateaus are a good thing, as long as they are not too long... If nothing moves this week, then it is time to re-evaluate your calorie intake. Good that you are tracking and moving - it won't get away from you that way!
  • jugar
    Last call! Get those lovely numbers in by first thing Sunday morning :smiley:

@evangsimmons170
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @lovethyneighbor

and it is still not too late for:
    @sodonovan74
    @Evallusion

Thanks!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Steps Friday 2,101
    Steps Saturday 13,935
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    I fell behind on reading but am caught up now. We have our power back on which is really nice. The crazy work week is behind me and I'm off until Tuesday. I have not been as focused the last few days. Today was an improvement. I got 2 walks in for over an hour. I should have done weights but I just wasn't in the mood. Stayed in calories but my choices could have been better. Tomorrow I am hoping to fine tune my food choices and get some ballet in.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Training people is a lot of work! Hopefully she catches on quick and you won't have babysit to much.

@steph1498 and @sunny9847 Great job this week!

@jugar I workout in the evenings often usually around 7:30 for an hour but sometimes it is even later. It's just when it works for me. I sleep fine but I can also drink a few cups of coffee at 7 pm and sleep like a baby too. I use to workout in the morning but once my workouts were consistently longer than 30 minutes it just didn't work.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    @micki48 I think the newspaper kitty litter is pretty clever. My dogs are quite disappointed that I got myself together and actually bought dog food. Oh well 🤭
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    @jugar

mbakhtiaruz
    Sunday
    PW 61.7kg
    CW 61.5kg

LTD 7.3kg
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Sunday weigh in:
    PW - 185.8
    CW - 185.7

Stayed green by the tiniest of margins!
  • jugar
    I'm sad to see that @evangsimmons170 and @lovethyneighbor have not weighed in for the 2nd week in a row :disappointed: I have moved you both to the Support Team for now - life is complicated, things may have changed. Just let us know when or if you would like to come back to the regular team. :heart:
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Steps
    Sun 10,246
    35 in intervals
    Mon 11,688
    35 min intervals
    10 elliptical
    Tues 8,042
    Wed 6,317
    Thurs 8,881
    35 min intervals
    Fri 10,083
    35 min intervals
    20 min elliptical
    Sat 9,873
    35 min Intervals
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    I feel really good about my week. I am loving my workouts. They are challenging, leaving me a little sore, but they also feel quick. My eating was on point this week. I was under my calories and almost hit my macros. I was off by 2%. I am off tomorrow, then I return to in person learning Tues and Thurs for the first time since before Thanksgiving.
  • sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    I am so bad with my will power at my in-laws. We are finally having our Christmas with them and I ate so much food yesterday. I’m going to have log really careful this week so I can lose the 5 pounds I know I gained. Thank goodness this is the last Christmas we need to have.
  • @jugar thanks really needed to hear that
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

2yfoux6awc4u.png
This discussion has been closed.