What are you reading?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I have been, I've been making art! Two of my paintings that I've created lately got accepted into a local show and one of the paintings got an honorable mention in the show, so I'm pretty happy and excited! That's funny about the astrology book...I'm a libra!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Congratulations! How exciting, I would love to see them if you're comfortable posting them!

How funny, I think it was Linda Goodman who described Libra women as looking delicate but having a mind like a steel trap. This author said Libras like to be center stage and constantly admired and are shallow. I HATE being the center of attention, I'm more the person behind the scenes. I like not being taken for granted but compliments make me uncomfortable. They all say we're the bookworms of the zodiac and have big libraries.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 If you message me with your email address, I will send you pics of the pieces that got in. That's funny about what Linda Goodman says about libras! I don't feel like that describes me at all either.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Will do!

I'm reading The Last Mrs. Parrish. It's almost unreadable, I hate the main character. I was going to stop reading it but the third part is from the wife so I'm hoping she's going to absolutely destroy the main character. The main character became her best friend to seduce her husband, they didn't even give her a backstory to feel sorry for her so I hope she utterly ruins her and her husband! If he was stupid enough to be stolen she's better off without both of them.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Kathy, have you ever read Riley Sager? You might like his books. I recently finished "Last Time I Lied" and I really enjoyed "Lock Every Door."

https://www.rileysagerbooks.com/
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @PKM0515 I just downloaded one from the library and placed a hold on another, thank you! I've never read him before.

I finished The Last Mrs. Parrish, it was average but entertaining. Next up is Dr. Death from Dean Koontz then the Riley Sager. I think the one that I was able to get right away was Lock Every Door.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 I think I'm giving up on Ringshout. It's a little bizarre and too surreal for me.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I'm reading one now called American Pain, it's about the opioid crisis in Florida. I read the Dean Koontz one last night and finished it this morning, it was more of a novella.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld I started the book thread in the All Things Girly group, I think Sarah-Jane has to approve you but she knows you're on the way. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140474-all-things-girly
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @PKM0515 I just downloaded one from the library and placed a hold on another, thank you! I've never read him before.

I finished The Last Mrs. Parrish, it was average but entertaining. Next up is Dr. Death from Dean Koontz then the Riley Sager. I think the one that I was able to get right away was Lock Every Door.

Ooh, I remember Dr. Death!

I really hope you like Riley Sager; I loved Lock Every Door.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 I think she's approved me, I can see the posts yay! I'll check it out now. :)
  • britneyd109
    britneyd109 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, new to the group. Is this group still active?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @britneyd109 my friend has a group called "All Things Girly", we moved the book group to there so if you'd like send her a note (LondonParisTexas), I'll let her know you're on your way! Another friend can't get in the group but we aren't sure if it's a MFP error or what, if it doesn't work send me a friend request and I'll try to help you get there. You're more than welcome, we'd love to have you! It's books, pets, makeup, jewelry, etc so if you're interested in one it would be great to have you join us, we'd love to get to know you! There's just a handful of us so it's cozy.
  • britneyd109
    britneyd109 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I just sent a request to join. Thank you