What are you reading?

Options

Replies

• LondonParisTexas
    LondonParisTexas Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Am reading Shakespeare's Rebel by C.C. Humphries.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Let me know how Stephen King's book is!

I'm reading Medical Medium now, he believes those with medical complications have issues related to Epstein Barr mutations and environmental chemicals. It's an interesting concept and would bridge a lot of things thought to be immune or don't currently have answers. I think most who claim to be mediums are out for money or mentally ill but it's possible some have answers through a higher power so I'm keeping an open mind. Having said that he advises having my two most hated foods, cilantro and celery!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Now I'm reading Let It Burn, it's about women's anger, basically how our society feels angry women are unacceptable and how we're molded to avoid it. It has stories by different women and is making me think which is what I like in a book. It reminds me a lot of some of the women's studies classes I took at UC Santa Cruz.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Will do, so far it's good! I've heard of Let it Burn, it sounds interesting.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld It was really good, I definitely recommend it!

My Mom was excited to let me know two authors we read came out with new books in series so I'm reading one of those now, I'm not really in the werewolf mood but I don't want to let her down.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Good to know! You are a fast reader, aren't you? I am so slow. I'm still reading the urban fantasy (I'm almost done and it's really good, btw).
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 I finished "Crossroads of Bones", I really enjoyed it, thanks for the recommendation! I'm going to have to read the rest of the series.

I started a new YA audiobook that I had on hold at the library, it's called "Game Changer" by Neal Shusterman. So far, it's okay. I think I prefer his Arc of a Scythe series, which is fantastic even if you don't like YA genre.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Those look really good, I'll see if I can get them through the library. I'm glad you liked that book!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 I did. I'm reading a paperback copy of "The Library of the Unwritten" right now, it's book 1 of a series. It's very creative and interesting, a fantasy of sorts.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Interesting concept, let me know what you think!

I'm still reading the Patricia Briggs series about werewolves. The Beck Diet Solution just came off hold and I downloaded Dean Koontz The Other Emily so I'll be working on those.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I recently finished "Girls of Summer" by Nancy Thayer. It was enjoyable, but not fantastic. I've read other books by her that I prefer more.

Right now I'm really enjoying "Meant to Be Yours" by Susan Mallery. I'm on a strange-for-me romance kick, apparently.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    You guys read too many popular books, I'm on Waitlist for all of them! I'm going to pick some random book to read, I just finished a book about chemicals and it's mostly about smoking which I quit years ago. I'm having trouble getting books on my Kindle though Amazon and have one sci fi that's the end of a good series but I'm bummed it's ending so I'm waiting. I'm dumb about things ending, I still haven't finished Game of thrones!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @Katmary71

I always feel like I'm out-of-sync with everyone else. Also, I have to admit that I read for enjoyment rather than enlightenment these days, at least for the most part. It's embarrassing, but I don't really want to read anything that's going to depress me.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your random books. And I do love hearing what everyone else is reading!

• trooworld
    Options
    @PKM0515 I'm the same way, I read for enjoyment. It's my escape from reality lol. I rarely read non-fiction books nowadays...I read so much for my education, I was an English major for my bachelor's and a library science major for my master's, I'm burned out on non-fiction after all of those years of reading it for school. I love hearing what everyone else is reading as well!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @trooworld

I'm glad I'm not alone! :)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @PKM0515 I have to look up the name of the book I chose, it's about a serial killer and the wrong guy is in jail for it, it's better than I was expecting but it's really long. My Mom figured out why I could only have the audio of the Dean Koontz so that's up to read. And @trooworld The unfinished books in the library you recommended just became available! So you know what I'm doing this week, reading these books!

I mostly read for enjoyment but read health books too. I feel like I should be reading books that teach me more but there's enough sadness and stress in the world. The health books I enjoy but they're annoying too, I have yet to find a diet that changes my life! I wish I was one of those people who tries something and has drastic results but it's never been that way. I do better sticking with whole foods and lower fat and no sugar (my favorite thing to eat).
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Oh good! I'm really enjoying that book. It's the first book in a series of 3, I think.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    I just finished "Meant to Be Yours" by Susan Mallery. I loved this book! It just made me happy.

In case anyone's interested, it's Happily Inc. Book 5:

https://happilyinc.susanmallery.com/books.html

• trooworld
    Options
    I forgot to say I finished the audiobook of "Later" by Stephen King. It was very good. It wasn't scary but a little creepy.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @trooworld

I haven't read or listened to anything by Stephen King in years. Maybe I'll give "Later" a try. (The last book of his I listened to was "Cell.")

Currently, I'm listening to "The Girl Before" by JP Delaney. It's definitely captured my interest.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28016509-the-girl-before