WaistAways - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    OK - just to add to the information overload -

The February Week 1 Challenge is up! Be the groundhog. Look at the shadow...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823211/february-week-1-challenge-the-shadow/p1?new=1
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    CW: 167

I've been a champ at maintenance for the last 2 months but loss has eluded me. So February, its on. Lose or bust! My goal is 145 after all. Can't stop here.

That said, my birthday and Valentines Day are both this month just 4 days apart so... cut me some slack on that one. Lol.

For those who don't know or don't remember, I'm Amber and I live in Western Canada with my husband and cat. I've arrived at 167 from a high of 290+ and I keep fit with video games. I am obsessed with low calorie desserts.
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    Is there a step challenge on here too? xx Do I need to post up my daily step counts? x

Welcome Mel, although you've had a tough road healthwise, you made me laugh out loud as I recognized myself, obsessing and weighing lettuce...and I still do weigh it most times, ha ha! There is a step team which @micki48 is in charge of receiving step reports. There are also several of us with Fitbits and we will do challenges together sometimes...in fact, how about a Workweek Hustle this week, anyone? not you @jugar as you rest up for your surgery, hallelujah, it's been so long that you've dealt with that PIA.

Ahh amazing!!! Yes please, I will join the step challenge!! I used to track at least 13500 steps a day as a habit, and then school runs stopped and I lost alot of that!! Eager to make more effort though!!

I am on Fitbit too... I am unsure what my user name is but happy to PM the right person with my email address so I can be added?? X
  • kiay131982
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Wow! It is so good to ready everyone's intro to the new month, see how we're gearing up to go, and how we can support each other in those intentions. It's what we're here for, right?
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    Is there a step challenge on here too? xx Do I need to post up my daily step counts? x
    You can if you want! We have a step team where other forms of exercise can also count - @micki48 keeps track of the steps, and I "translate" the exercise minutes into step equivalents with the help of a chart I found that seems to make good sense. It is fun to have to report those every day, and it inspires one to get one's sorry carcass off of the couch or to step away from the computer :wink: In any case, just let us know if you'd like to be on the team for the month!

Everyone can have a look at our spreadsheet any time. The regular team is the part where all the weight losses (or not) count towards the weekly totals, and where you can see how you are doing. Losses are shown in green, gains in red. To the right is a chart showing how many weeks you are "in the green" - even if the loss is tiny, it counts!

The Support Team is for people who are taking a break for whatever reason - health, being super busy, moving, mourning, taking care of someone, or anything else that just makes it hard to weigh in every week. Those people still post here when possible, and hopefully come back to the regular team when circumstances improve.

The Goal Zone is for those who are at their goal weight and stay with the team to maintain their weight within the zone that feels right. The team commitment helps with that too!

The Step/Exercise stats are there. Everyone's name is there, and way off to the right after the "weeks in the green" chart is a list of where everyone is from, if I have noted it right.

There is always a link to the spreadsheet on the F2F home page, but here it is if you want to bookmark it:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qCtVJJQjl-tfMYajGg3PJ16Rw7hWFcJP6_cs-MLzBhs/edit?usp=sharing

Well. That probably answers way more than you wanted to know!

Thankyou so much!! Thats really helpful :)
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @evelynladams527 YouTube will show you each exercise. It's amazing what YouTube can teach you! It taught me to knit!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My first month down was super. I love the accountability of daily login.
    Yesterday's weigh in.
    Heaviest; 132
    PW: 121.4
    CW: 119.8

Goal: 108
  • sunny9847
    Options
    Oh forgot my steps today 13,240
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You have a newcomer heading your way ... Please welcome @kiay131982 :)

Welcome to the team! We are happy to have you here. Thanks to our wonderful members for answering your question about step team. You are more than welcome to join our step team. All you have to do is let me know and tell me what your daily step goal is. You may report your steps daily or all at once by Sunday. Our week runs Sunday to Saturday. If you have a Fitbit, let us know and we can include you in our weekly challenges there.

Mel, you can post your email here if you are comfortable with that or message me through MFP. I believe I sent you a friend request.

So Hi everyone! I’m Michele, a 56 year old mom of two grown kids, Mom Mom to one perfect 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, and wife for nearly 38 years, living in North Carolina, USA. Co-captain with@jugar. I have been with this team since February of 2019. I have lost about 22 pounds more or less, depending on the week. LOL I am still working to get where I want to be and have 30ish pounds to go. I know what a daily struggle it is to make the right choices, stay motivated, get exercise, drink water, etc. I see you because I am you. My weight loss struggle has always been part of me.

My frequent tipping point was reaching the weight (and then some later) I was when I delivered my son. It was the heaviest I had ever been and I didn’t like the way I felt being there.

Being part of Waistaways has been one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. It has all the pieces I loved and needed about WW without the cost, getting to meetings or points. I love that everyone does what works for them and shares that to help others searching for the right fit. The greatest thing I’ve learned is not to give up even when I could have easily walked away. “Quitting” isn’t part of this for me because it’s forever. Not a diet-a way of life. Not looking for perfection just progress.

My progress this whole year has been to not give up on this journey. I have pretty much remained the same weight all year. That’s definitely disappointing, but considering a pandemic, menopause, and being in my house so much, I’m going to claim that as a win.

So happy that this team is always here to get me back in focus. Like @jugar who gave me the directive to get myself outside and stop staying inside. I want you to know I walked in the rainy, cold today because of you and guess what? It didn't kill me. In fact, it was enjoyable. I liked it. It felt good. So thanks. I plan on getting outside EVERY day this week.

I also need to back to logging, losing, and moving more. Walking and Piliates are my main exercises. I have also pulled out the stationary bike. Last month, it just sat there. I also want to work on building strength this year.

As a co-captain, I record steps and results for our team step group. If you are interested, let me know and tell me your daily goal. Mine is 9,000 steps a day. It's amazing how they add up.

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    2gkztbsm5g0q.jpg
    jzl7ggv70taj.png
    j60ba704vovp.png
    in9zkrvzwhih.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    rce9ibjy33ki.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    fqamaltapylp.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @callsitlikeiseeit 3.60 %
    2nd @digger61 2.34%
    3rd @CurvyCalorie 2.25 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @callsitlikeiseeit 7.8 Lbs
    2nd @digger61 5.0 Lbs
    3rd @littleflutterby 4.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @mulecanter
    @apple852hk
    @lckiehl
    @Tazaria87
    @mxlaw90
    @msalicia07
    @imgwendolyn2015
    @trooworld

10hnp69sspui.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    bq0a1tfqwgyb.jpg
    ta2sa1yj4n4f.png
    4op4jjqcld6v.png
    no1vvxa2mab1.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    363waj6vqigb.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    o6a9yxnghncc.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @TheMrWobbly 6.57 %
    2nd @Curvycalorie 6.24%
    3rd @kerritho 5.36 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @TheMrWobbly 14.6 Lbs
    2nd @davidji82 14.1 Lbs
    3rd @mlhopp93 14.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Sripalbhansali
    @callsitlikeiseeit
    @rachelrjh
    @squeakmnm41
    @sunny9847
    @ShowKitten
    @goingape
    @mulecanter

wq1z9dr1nvhs.png

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Step reminders:

@CurvyCalorie Missing 1/25, 1/26, 1/29, 1/30
    @Kali225 Missing 1/30
    @Sunny9747 Missing 1/25
    @jugar Missing 1/30

Thanks!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Steps Sunday, only 2,885 but I also did 70 minutes of snow shoveling.

We got hit hard, thank God for helpful neighbors.
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Morning from the UK!! :) Woken up feeling so positive and determined today!!!
    I would love to join the step challenge please, I will set my target at 10,000 a day.
    It used to be higher but with no school runs I have lost two walks a day.

I have reset my calorie and macro goals as I think they were too low and I was setting myself up to fail. I need to work out an exercise plan... I have 2 set gym zoom classes a week but otherwise its fitting in what I can, where I can... I think I am going to aim for a youtube pilates class today!
  • kiay131982
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    You have a newcomer heading your way ... Please welcome @kiay131982 :)

Welcome to the team! We are happy to have you here. Thanks to our wonderful members for answering your question about step team. You are more than welcome to join our step team. All you have to do is let me know and tell me what your daily step goal is. You may report your steps daily or all at once by Sunday. Our week runs Sunday to Saturday. If you have a Fitbit, let us know and we can include you in our weekly challenges there.

Mel, you can post your email here if you are comfortable with that or message me through MFP. I believe I sent you a friend request.

So Hi everyone! I’m Michele, a 56 year old mom of two grown kids, Mom Mom to one perfect 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, and wife for nearly 38 years, living in North Carolina, USA. Co-captain with@jugar. I have been with this team since February of 2019. I have lost about 22 pounds more or less, depending on the week. LOL I am still working to get where I want to be and have 30ish pounds to go. I know what a daily struggle it is to make the right choices, stay motivated, get exercise, drink water, etc. I see you because I am you. My weight loss struggle has always been part of me.

My frequent tipping point was reaching the weight (and then some later) I was when I delivered my son. It was the heaviest I had ever been and I didn’t like the way I felt being there.

Being part of Waistaways has been one of the best things I’ve ever done for myself. It has all the pieces I loved and needed about WW without the cost, getting to meetings or points. I love that everyone does what works for them and shares that to help others searching for the right fit. The greatest thing I’ve learned is not to give up even when I could have easily walked away. “Quitting” isn’t part of this for me because it’s forever. Not a diet-a way of life. Not looking for perfection just progress.

My progress this whole year has been to not give up on this journey. I have pretty much remained the same weight all year. That’s definitely disappointing, but considering a pandemic, menopause, and being in my house so much, I’m going to claim that as a win.

So happy that this team is always here to get me back in focus. Like @jugar who gave me the directive to get myself outside and stop staying inside. I want you to know I walked in the rainy, cold today because of you and guess what? It didn't kill me. In fact, it was enjoyable. I liked it. It felt good. So thanks. I plan on getting outside EVERY day this week.

I also need to back to logging, losing, and moving more. Walking and Piliates are my main exercises. I have also pulled out the stationary bike. Last month, it just sat there. I also want to work on building strength this year.

As a co-captain, I record steps and results for our team step group. If you are interested, let me know and tell me your daily goal. Mine is 9,000 steps a day. It's amazing how they add up.

I have sent you my email to link up on fitbit :)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    DD265
    PW: 192
    CW: 191

@jugar I think you said before, but is it OK if I weigh in KG going forward? :smile:

Welcome @kiay131982!

I ended up running solo last night, and still went. We're due some snow/ice (though it doesn't appear to be forthcoming) and I knew that I'd regret it if I didn't go out, even though I'd already done 3 runs last week. I ran at what I believe is my quickest pace yet, though it was quite the mental challenge. One moment my mind was telling me I had this, and the next it'd be saying I could walk - umm no.

I am after buying a rebounder; heard great things about them on here, looked up a few workout routines and think it could help strengthen me up for running, and also provide an 'easy' 30 minutes if I was struggling to do anything more involved. The one I was going to buy is unavailable on Amazon, so I need to track down an alternative.
  • sunny9847
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Step reminders:

@CurvyCalorie Missing 1/25, 1/26, 1/29, 1/30
    @Kali225 Missing 1/30
    @Sunny9747 Missing 1/25
    @jugar Missing 1/30

Thanks!

Steps for 1-25 12,356
This discussion has been closed.