WaistAways - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    @jugar I think you said before, but is it OK if I weigh in KG going forward? :smile:

Welcome @kiay131982!

Kg are fine! I don't mind doing the conversion - living in Canada we are doing that all the time, since our neighbours to the South seem to prefer pounds, and many of us are bilingual :blush:
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone!
    I know it is already late in the day for our members in the UK and Europe, but happy day anyhow :smiley: I have been busy all morning - heating with wood is a lot of work, and it is yogurt making day. It is the most fabulous thing about the instant pot. I make great nonfat yogurt if anyone wants the secret that makes it beautiful and tasty, let me know!

The sun is shining and calling me outside even though it is still really cold - and tomorrow we get a big snowstorm. The best! I love February because the sun is getting brighter, the days are getting longer, but it is still wonderfully cold and snowy. I would take 2 Februarys per year if I could! I know, I know - so many people hate it, but I'm just trying to share the happiness :love:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Just poking my head in the door! Have to go - I have to finish up my work day, do laundry, get on a Reading Group Zoom call and then do a late supper!

TTFN!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

*if you reached a milestone and did not receive a celebration, reach out to your team captain or a moderator and make sure your starting weight has been entered.

If it has been and I missed it, please let me know and I will make sure you get your shout out!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @jugar I did one perfect day! With your voice in my head. Logged everything that entered my mouth. Made decent choices and ended the day with 3kcals to spare. I also went for a 5k run although my speed is still very slow (took 40 mins) with no signs of speeding up. But I'm not complaining, it burns the same amount of calories, just takes longer.
    So I am happy and hope to keep it up!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 13,654.
  • jugar
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @jugar I did one perfect day! With your voice in my head. Logged everything that entered my mouth. Made decent choices and ended the day with 3kcals to spare. I also went for a 5k run although my speed is still very slow (took 40 mins) with no signs of speeding up. But I'm not complaining, it burns the same amount of calories, just takes longer.
    So I am happy and hope to keep it up!

I'm so glad! The one perfect day has power. Keep building on the good vibes :smiley:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    We got a random meal delivery with fresh pasta and this really delicious garlicky marinara sauce that would probably taste amazing just eating it out of the jar with tostitos.

So that's probably what we'll end up doing Saturday night. XD

The pasta we'll eat tomorrow with grilled chicken. High calorie for sure, but I'll adapt.
  • jugar
    Options
    What fantastic plans! The February vibe seems to be having a great effect.

I hope that everyone is getting inspired reading the plans, changes to plans, and the practical energy that seems to be flowing through the posts today. "Some adjustments may be required" is the rule of thumb - take those IKEA-like instructions for nutrition, exercise, and just make it all balance out somehow. And then adjust again when things change. The new manuals are looking good!

Weigh-in updates! Sunday and Monday still due:
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @ChiaGnome
    @CurvyCalorie
    @fuschiabolero

Tuesday:
    @Kali225
    @sarkrisd

Thanks!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps for
    January 25 4,970
    January 26 6,774
    January 29 7,523
    January 30 10,350
    January 31 13,507
    February 1 5,471

Wow when you see it like this... I need to pick up the pace.

Thank you for keeping track of this.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to get a computer and catch up on all the good happening in our group!!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @jugar todays weigh in
    156.6 not what I wanted, but hopefully, my body is adjusting and will start dropping soon.
    Have a great week everyone!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great Monday full of posts. I think I've spent the last hour reading them and recording posts. I feel so motivated and grateful I have all of you with me on this journey. I love hearing your plans and goals and strategies and tools and exercise. You all rock!!

Wow! The list of friends on this team who have reached new milestones is amazing!!! Everything from 100 pounds on down. Great job everyone!

@PlaneMonkey I love your tracker! So visual and simple to use. I think your idea to have them nearby is great.

@Gidgitgoescrazy I know you will be doing that handstand on your 50th birthday! There is nothing you can't do. I am also sending you big virtual hugs and good vibes as you start your new job! You are going to do great.

Hope everyone in the midwest and northeast of the US is doing ok in this huge snowstorm. Also anyone in Canada who is also getting this storm. Didn't come from you in the first place?

@Pearl4686 Yay for one perfect day for you. You are on your way. My day was pretty good too. I got over 10K steps, I logged all my food and stayed under my calorie goal. I only went outside briefly because I was watching my granddaughter and nap time was a long time coming today. We told all kinds of stories about playing in the snow (although we have none.) Later at dinner, she was able to recount in detail all the stories I told her. She amazes me. She's 2 1/2.

My goals for tomorrow are to get my rear out of bed earlier. I have been laying in bed looking at my phone waayyyy too long. Instead, I will get up and do my Pilates. This month's focus is on building ab strength. I will get my 10k steps, log my food and be under calories.

Oh, my husband has an appointment to get his vaccine on Friday. Yay! Now, I want my turn. I will have to wait a bit, we are in different groups. My son has to travel on Wednesday for a final step of a new job interview. He's concerned about the travel, hotel, meeting, and dining during Covid. I know he is careful and even asked them about what precautions they are taking, but it's still anxiety producing. Hope he stays well and it is everything he wants.

Thanks again to everyone for your uplifting and motivating posts. I am so glad you are here and I am so glad I am too!
This discussion has been closed.