WaistAways - February 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @jugar can I change my weigh-in day for Wednesday, to coincide with my new programme? Thanks

Done my workout for today, hard work, especially since my legs are sore from 2 days ago! But feeling good :) have a great day!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good morning ☀️!

I love the idea of checking in. Today my goals are to drink my water, and exercise.

Have a great day everyone. Chat soon!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Back at work today, and it's amazing what can build up over a long weekend. We have far too much work on (a blessing and a curse) so stress levels are very high. I'm achy, but have arranged to go for a steady run with a friend after work as I will want to clear my head. It's a case of getting in the outdoors exercise whilst we can as the weather is due to turn snowy and icy again at the weekend. My rebounder is on it's way though which will give me another indoors option.

I need to look at the factors which cause water retention later. I've gained 100g a day Sun/Mon/today and I want a viable theory. I don't think I've lost enough yet to warrant a more substantial drop in calorie goal, but I'll double check that too. I'm happy with fluctuations but if it's an upwards trend I'd like to nip it in the bud - downside of nipping on the scale daily, but I just need a better understanding and I can start improving my diet/lifestyle off the back of it. It could be menstrual cycle related, though I can't track that as I have an IUD which prevents ovulation/bleeds.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

@micki48 - well, this time the snow didn't come from up here! We're getting it now, and between this morning and Thursday we are expecting around 40 cm. That's around 20 inches. I wish your little granddaughter could come sledding on our crazy hill! We can start off up by our little cabin and go all the way down to the road more than a half mile away. It's a blast. Mind you, the trudge back up is less popular with the little ones... I used to have to drag them up when they were getting cranky.

@kiay131982 - hope you're getting through your day! Good to get the exercise part done in the morning so that you can survive the rest. Whew!

@fuschiabolero - congrats on a good loss! It feels great when that number aligns with the stars, doesn't it? Of course, when it doesn't we tend to forget how much fluctuation is normal, changing body composition might mean weight gain while getting leaner, sometimes we need to slow down a bit for a while, etc. etc. So hang on to the good feeling and don't sweat the other stuff :heart:

Only 8 more days that I have to put up with the dreaded hematoma on my butt! Can't wait to get that thing gone :smiley: My back will be happy to learn how to sit straight again after 10 months of crookedness B)
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Weigh-In

PW: 185.6
    CW: 185.0

Eh. I know I haven't been as on top of things the last few days. Work has consistently kept me from working out when I would like to. Was still hoping more of the previous week's bloat would come off. (It might be that fun time of the month as well?) I set extra alarms today and *almost, almost actually got up to move some before work. I need some spark of motivation haha.

A little concerned about this week as the dinner I made is a bit higher calorie than I thought it would be, and the super bowl is Sunday, which I always love to make appetizers for. I have 2 friends coming to my place to watch it, and we all love to eat. And drink. I also have a happy hour (virtual) with some dear friends tonight, but I definitely won't be drinking/eating during that.

Hoping I can be efficient during the work hours so I have time for yoga and HIIT and dance cardio tonight!
  • jugar
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @jugar can I change my weigh-in day for Wednesday, to coincide with my new programme? Thanks

Done my workout for today, hard work, especially since my legs are sore from 2 days ago! But feeling good :) have a great day!

done!
  • jugar
    Options
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    My gym zoom class got cancelled today, so nearly ended up doing nothing.... But then thought of reporting that back here and didn't want to... So I threw myself out the door for a 5k run. 32.30minutes so not tooooo bad, considering I haven't been going consistently!

Well done!!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!

Only 8 more days that I have to put up with the dreaded hematoma on my butt! Can't wait to get that thing gone :smiley: My back will be happy to learn how to sit straight again after 10 months of crookedness B)
    Oh, huzzah!
    I'm so glad for you. It may actually be a little while before you can actually *sit* on that poor butt. I was thinking that a massage table with a face cradle would be the best way to "sleep" on your belly. I know...you hate it with a purple passion. However, your *neck* will love you for having an option that doesn't include turning it to one side or t'other whilst healing. I have a separate face cradle which can also be put on other surfaces for face/neck support (face up or down).
    I'd be happy to meet you at the border with it! Surely they'd let me come across to drop it off?
    Present the idea to a Physio or Occupational therapist and see if they can hitch you up to a good alternative.
    We got over a foot of snow and actually spent some time doing impromptu sledding this afternoon. It was the best way to get Monica outside (after spending much of the day in phone calls). I'll see if I can post one of the pics. I re-learned that it's best to keep arms tucked in and use the full body to slow the sled. My left shoulder isn't very happy with me. Oh well. I'll take a soak in some epsom salts tonight.
    My food has been good today and getting several loads of laundry done has helped me take more steps. I also did a tad of shoveling. I didn't bother doing much since the landlord plows, but we do need to move the cars out of the driveway before that can happen.
    I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and see how the last week has gone.
    I'll be doing some baking tonight but it's of a kind of cookie I don't overeat. I'm actually about to look up the recipe. They're HobNobs. Lovely British oat cookie dipped in melted chocolate. Yummy.
    Have a great night everyone. Stay safe and healthy.

• jugar
    Options
    Sunday
    PW 61.5kg
    CW 61.5 kg
    Ltd 7.3 kg

Hey everyone, sorry I ve not been active for the last month, I feel desperate most of the days and barely could excercise, tried my best to not attach to emotional eating for most of the days, did not have anything with added sugar but could not follow any other positive patterns. I was too exhausted and felt too blue most days to be able to leave the bed or log the food. Because of corrona measures I also work from home, since I work with laptop there was no need to even leave the bed. Unfortunately I am yet not in a normal mood and I am even too afraid to set goals for myself for this month, since I feel like a loser when I can not follow the plan.
    Thank you for letting us know - you're certainly having a tough time, but I think you have done really well to stick with your no-sugar rule, and not to gain any weight. That is a big success, even if you don't feel like it is much. I'm not sure how strict your lockdown rules are, but I hope you can get outdoors to breathe some fresh air and walk a bit. That can make a big difference in your mood. It is not a great time for setting goals, but sticking with your sugar ban and trying to be aware of emotional eating are important to help you not go completely off the rails. I hope things will ease up soon! Many hugs flying your way :heart:
    DD265 wrote: »
    Nevermind running, we might as well have been swimming, or perhaps building an ark. I think that's quite possibly the worst rain I've been running in - and my waterproofs could only do so much. I was wet enough to warrant stripping off on the inside door mat, rather than dripping my way through the house. :D

We did an hour - about halfway I realised I'd blistering one ankle, then 15 mins later the other followed, presumably due to being wet through, so I've ordered some higher socks and some blister plasters in the hopes that I can get out again later this week.

I've totally earned the lemon drizzle cupcake I just got out of the freezer 😃
    THAT is dedication! Take care of those blisters and enjoy every single delicious bite of the cupcake.

@evelynladams527
    Thanks for taking care of me from a distance! I will talk with the hospital people tomorrow and ask what kind of equipment I can borrow to make things OK. They are usually really good about sending you home with the things you need so that they can get rid of you as soon as possible :p It sounds like you had a good day even if your shoulder is a bit grouchy. Watch those hobnobs, now!
  • jugar
    Options
    cm35iqlf296t.png
    @sarkrisd (well, you're Tuesday but I'll remind you for today anyhow!)
    @offitgoes
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @evelynladams527
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @tschwery
    @Pearl4686
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 13,521
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @jugar steps for February 2

@sunny9847 GREAT job!!!
  • jugar
    Options

@sunny9847 GREAT job!!!

BOTH of you!!!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options

@sunny9847 GREAT job!!!

I second that! Great job ladies!!

@mbakhtiaruz I was going to tell you that you were not a loser as well, but could not have put it better than @Terytha. Amber, your honest, heartfelt words made me tear up. Everything you said is so true. These are trying times. You are doing just exactly what you need to be doing. We take each day and approach is as best we can. Give yourself grace for everything else. You've got this and you can always come here for support.

@terytha Congratualtions on 50 minutes of Ring Fit. That is amazing. Making yourself do it when you don't want to is the epitome of discipline. Good for you.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Hope your first day went great! I imagine you are pretty tired tonight. I'm cheering for you over here.

It was cold and REALLY windy here today. I only went outside to take dessert to my neighbor. I did however get right out of bed this morning and did a 12 minute Pilates routine. Sounds like it wasn't much, but it was intense. I plan to do Pilates M, W, F at the very least. I met my step goal bouncing on my big exercise ball for 26 minutes. My water was good today, but I need to go log my food now. I know. I know. I need to do it as I go. I did log breakfast though.

Hope everyone can dig themselves out from the snow if you have it. Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    02snc3zfb0wk.jpg

WAISTAWAYS WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS (Take two because I lost it the first time. :# )

wr87pu35lbvj.png

STEP STARS

1st - @jugar 106,668
    2nd - @KellyBgetsfit 88,867
    3rd - @sunny9847 88,410

STEPPERS MEETING DAILY STEP GOAL

@jugar 7/7
    @Sunny9847 7/7
    @Kali225 6/7
    @kellybget 5/7[
    @MandiSaysHey 5/7
    @YinxFed 5/7