Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I’ll join in, for practice the rest of this week, please correct me if I’m doing something wrong!

A question- can someone post in the morning for the day before, labeling it as the day before? Sometimes I’ll eat at night and add it to the prior day if it was before midnight, I wouldn’t want to confuse people on a calorie count if they’re looking at my diary. Or, since I pre-log my days, if I go to bed early and adjust my diary for accuracy the next morning instead of at night, should I just skip posting here?

July 9th:
    1- Log daily weight in Fitbit 👍🏼 5/7
    2- Veggies at each meal 👎🏻 2/7
    3- Pre-log day (ok to change) 👎🏻 4/7
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,630 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    I’ll join in, for practice the rest of this week, please correct me if I’m doing something wrong!

A question- can someone post in the morning for the day before, labeling it as the day before? Sometimes I’ll eat at night and add it to the prior day if it was before midnight, I wouldn’t want to confuse people on a calorie count if they’re looking at my diary. Or, since I pre-log my days, if I go to bed early and adjust my diary for accuracy the next morning instead of at night, should I just skip posting here?

July 9th:

What you are suggesting sounds just about right. We all bound around trying to do this as close to accurately as we can - but sometimes it is complicated. Ideally - I like to post the morning after because if I past in the evening - I swear it makes me have an extra snack! Or maybe really just before bed as a halfway in between. You will find a way that works for you and you won't confuse us any more than we are! I don't do the weekly table until midweek usually - so there is time to get in there for any days that you have to log in still.

We've added a bonus point if you check in for every day. But noone has made any rules about when you must check in!

What you have written here I take to mean that for July 9th you have accomplished 1 of your 3 goals - and so far for the week you have accomplished 11?

Really glad you are joining us here! I think the more of us the more impact it has.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    July 9

✅ - Daily - take 15,000 steps. 15,154
    ✅ - Daily - aim for a calorie deficit. 866 - not bad with that little goodie eating boy here!
    ✅ - Daily - Up early - walk first thing. Right after breakfast!
    - Weekly - calorie deficit +4,500. 5,796 so far.
    - Weekly - total steps +105,000. 76,133 so far. I think I can, I think I can!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    July 9
    ✅ Log everything and stay within my calories for the day
    ✅ Do some kind of purposeful movement

Today was supposed to be a rest day but I got a fancy to clean my bedroom and bathroom so I cleaned for 2 hours this morning. Rest of this rainy day is totally movie time!

@lauriekallis when does the week start? I’m going to revise my goals and want to do it on the right time schedule.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    [quote="lauriekallis …table for the week of the 27th. Tough week for most of us. But you, @tinkerbellang83 pulled through will a great will - checked in EVERY day! Kudos to you!y0e32xfq3zf8.jpg
    [/quote]

Tough couple of weeks here …..
    Habits check in … hopefully daily from now … back to basics
    1. Log all food & drink again ✅
    2. Do 1 form of exercise daily✅ - ecycling with dog
    3. Take time out everyday to do something I enjoy - ✅home facial & nails polished with glass of vino!
    4. Improve work life balance -✅ weekend so best balance!

4/4 - good start!
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    July 10th:
    1. 500 cal deficit ✅ ... 600 cal deficit, 4/7 days
    2. 30 mins exercise ✅ ... 45 minutes, 3/5 days
    3. 60 oz water ✅ ... 60 oz water, 5/7 days

12/19 for the week.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Goal for July 6 thru Sun. 10

1) stay under calorie goal
    2) exercise of some kind
    3) at least 4000 steps
    4) 20 minutes self care
    5) no added sodium
    6) 64 oz. water

4 out of 6

Sat july 10
    3 out of 6
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

July 9th:

What you are suggesting sounds just about right. We all bound around trying to do this as close to accurately as we can - but sometimes it is complicated. Ideally - I like to post the morning after because if I past in the evening - I swear it makes me have an extra snack! Or maybe really just before bed as a halfway in between. You will find a way that works for you and you won't confuse us any more than we are! I don't do the weekly table until midweek usually - so there is time to get in there for any days that you have to log in still.

We've added a bonus point if you check in for every day. But noone has made any rules about when you must check in!

What you have written here I take to mean that for July 9th you have accomplished 1 of your 3 goals - and so far for the week you have accomplished 11?

Really glad you are joining us here! I think the more of us the more impact it has.

Thank you Laurie! Yes to the bolded section, that is correct
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    July 10:
    1- Log daily weight in Fitbit 👍🏼
    2- Veggies at each meal 👍🏼
    3- Pre-log day (ok to change) 👍🏼

Running total 14/21
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    July 10

✅ - Daily - take 15,000 steps. 23, 566
    ✅ - Daily - aim for a calorie deficit. 962
    ✅ - Daily - Up early - walk first thing. Right after breakfast!
    - Weekly - calorie deficit +4,500. 6,758 so far.
    - Weekly - total steps +105,000. 99,239 so far.
  • gewel321
    Options
    Goals for this week July12-18

1) track everything and have an overall deficit at the end of the week
    2) move purposefully at least once a day
    3) close 2 rings every day
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

2) exercise of some kind
    3) at least 4000 steps
    4) 20 minutes self care
    5) no added sodium
    6) 64 oz. water

4 out of 6

Sat july 10
    3 out of 6

Sun July 11
    5 out of 6
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    July 11th:
    1. 500 cal deficit ✅ ... 600 cal deficit, 5/7 days
    2. 30 mins exercise ✅ ... 40 minutes, 4/5 days
    3. 60 oz water ✅ ... 75 oz water, 6/7 days

15/19 for the week.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »

What does each ring closing represent? (apple I assume?)
  • gewel321
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    gewel321 wrote: »

What does each ring closing represent? (apple I assume?)

Yes. I do a competition each with my sister on our Apple watches. I want to close my stand (get up and move fr at least 1 minute every hour for 12 hours) and my move ring (how many extra calories I earn). The third ring is exercise ring (30 minutes) this one is harder to close because walking doesn’t count and I don’t plan on doing heavy exercise everyday.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    July 11

❎ - Daily - take 15,000 steps. 8,974 this lazy day felt so good I'm going to start incorporating one each week!
    ✅ - Daily - aim for a calorie deficit. 763
    ❎ - Daily - Up early - walk first thing. See goal number 1 :)
    ✅ - Weekly - calorie deficit +4,500. 7,436
    ✅ - Weekly - total steps +105,000. 107,482

Looking forward to next week!
  • Janatki
    Options
    Daily check in fo 12th
    1. Log all food & drink again ❎ sort of, but not accurate as scales busted!
    2. Do 1 form of exercise daily ✅ bit of arm weights 🏋🏼‍♂️
    3. Take time out everyday to do something I enjoy - ✅ tennis & footy on TV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇮🇹⚽️🎾
    4. Improve work life balance -✅ weekend so best balance!

3/3 😒🙄
  • Janatki
    Options
    ^^ that should have been for 11th! … sorry @lauriekallis …. 😵‍💫🥴🙄… and was 3/4 😬
    Daily check in for 12th!

1. Log all food & drink again ✅ New scales courtesy of Amazon
    2. Do 1 form of exercise daily ✅ indoor stair walking, over the usual! Boring!
    3. Take time out everyday to do something I enjoy - ✅ New book started - “The Fine Art of Invisible Detection by Robert Goddard - bliss!
    4. Improve work life balance -✅ day off! Totally balanced in my favour!

4/4 😁 👋
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Janatki wrote: »
    ^^ that should have been for 11th! … sorry @lauriekallis …. 😵‍💫🥴🙄… and was 3/4 😬

lol....sometimes these are challenging! I have posted some really confused check ins myself! So its always fun when someone else has a weird one too.

• conniewilkins56
    Options

2) exercise of some kind
    3) at least 4000 steps
    4) 20 minutes self care
    5) no added sodium
    6) 64 oz. water

4 out of 6

Sat july 10