Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,618 Member
    Options
    The BED is an interesting theory....I suffer only child guilt syndrome lol....seriously, sometimes we neglect ourselves and forget about self care...I think that is why I enjoy my solitude swimming so much... I have around 2 hours to myself and it is so peaceful...not only time alone but to think and reflect!

I'll have to check out the BED theory....when the boy goes home today and I have a moment alone to think again :-)

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this again!

1) stay under calorie goal
    2) no eating after 9 p.m.
    3) sleep 8 hours
    4) drink at least 4 bottles of 16 oz. water a day

I made it!...4 points

One more day!...tomorrow new week and new goals and I am going to approach the scales again!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    💜FEB GOALS💜
    Week 3 Day 7

👣 8255/8000 steps (avg) 7561 avg ✅
    🛌 9hrs/7 hours sleep (min)✅
    📺 N/A weekends
    🧘‍♀️ 10/5 mins meditation/yoga (min.)✅
    🐔 4/4 x 20g protein per day (min)✅
    📉 In a deficit ❌
    🧮 Logging done ✅

42/46

Steps still lacking. Protein Intake much better and again slight deficit over the week. I'm aiming for a little lower during the week, this week and one of my goals for March is going to be to curb snacking outrageous portions, there's really no need I am doing out of stress and boredom at the moment. So the tupperware pots will be out in force next month with their drywipe weight labels.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    New week, new goals and habits to challenge me!

1) Stay under calorie goal
    2) Drink 4 bottles of 16 oz. water
    3) Try to get 4,000 steps each day

( I know this isn’t a lot of steps for most of you but it is a million for me!....this does not count water walking or water jogging )

4) Stay off the scales until Mar. 1
    5) No eating after 9 p.m.
    6) At least 7 hours sleep...in bed by 1 a.m.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    💜FEB GOALS💜
    Week 4 Day 1

👣 9278/8000 steps (avg) 7639 avg ✅
    🛌 8hrs/7 hours sleep (min)✅
    📺 0/60 mins TV (max) 60 mins c/fwd✅
    🐔 6/4 x 20g protein per day (min)✅
    📉 In a deficit ✅
    🧮 Logging done ✅

7/46
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Woohoo - Week 2 results are in :) Sorry - somehow I lost the pretty table colours and I'm too fog-brained tonight to go back and find them. Next week our table will have beautiful colours. Please let me know if I have made any mistakes and I will post an updated table.
    kd9ghb1c1cy9.jpg
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Laurie, I LOVE this!...great job!....now I have to check in daily!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Today I got all 6 points!....so proud of myself lol
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    February 21, 2020

Two new goals!

✅ - avoid refined carbs.
    ✅ - take 10,000 steps. 12,300
    ✅ - drink 80 oz water. 80 oz
    ✅ - 1,000 Calorie Deficit 5 days/Maintenance 2 days. -1,308
    ✅ - notice and respect "hunger" cues.
    ✅ - notice and respect "all full" cues.
    ✅ - Grant myself one kindness.

7 points earned toward a weekly potential of 49
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ** Special Request **

When you post your daily habit checkin - will you please write your total at the bottom? ie: 4 points out of 6 - or - all points

Today when I was pulling the table together I had to check and double check to make sure I wasn't miscounting. lol. I'd rather trust you to do your daily counts than mess them up myself!

I'm enjoying this tremendously and love seeing how well we are all doing!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    ** Special Request **

When you post your daily habit checkin - will you please write your total at the bottom? ie: 4 points out of 6 - or - all points

Today when I was pulling the table together I had to check and double check to make sure I wasn't miscounting. lol. I'd rather trust you to do your daily counts than mess them up myself!

I'm enjoying this tremendously and love seeing how well we are all doing!

I can probably paste this into your page 1 post so new folk see it too
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, @tinkerbellang83
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    💜FEB GOALS💜
    Week 4 Day 2

👣 9000/8000 steps (avg) 7703 avg ✅
    🛌 8hrs 20/7 hours sleep (min)✅
    📺 45/60 mins TV (max) ✅ 15 mins c/fwd
    🐔 6.5/4 x 20g protein per day (min)✅
    📉 In a deficit ✅
    🧮 Logging done ✅

14/46
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Reviewed Feb progress so far and have swapped some of my non-scale goals out for next month as a couple of them are pretty much under control. Sleep is good and I've upped my Protein goal.

👣 8000 steps per day average - I struggled a little with this the last month or so but reckon I should make Feb's goal if I push myself out in the awful weather.

🍫 7 days per week mind portion control when it comes to snacks, the weather, lockdown, work stress gets me down and I reach for them. Next month, I return to pre-weighed or pre-portioned snacks.

📺 60 mins of TV Mon to Thurs, it shouldn't be too difficult to cut down on screen time as one of my other goals for 2021 is to read more (12/50 books done so far. It's helping me sleep better and freeing up more time for other self care opportunities such as.....

🧘‍♀️ 5 mins meditation or yoga minimum per day have done pretty well with this in Feb since I started listening to the Daily Calm on mornings before work.

🚵‍♀️ 40 min cycle or exercise bike per week, now that Spring is on the way and our basement is no longer freezing time to make use of my bikes.

🏋️‍♀️ 3 strength training sessions per week, doing much better at fitting it into my week and feel the difference.

📉 250 calorie deficit minimum average across the month. I have been in a small deficit most of Feb and I want to improve on that next month.

🐔 100g min. protein intake per day from food wherever possible and make up any shortfalls with the various MyProtein bags I have been slowly making my way through last year.

Anyone else thinking about next month's goals yet?

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    I think about my next goals constantly...little bit OCD!....
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

( I know this isn’t a lot of steps for most of you but it is a million for me!....this does not count water walking or water jogging )

I got 4 out of 6... didn’t walk enough and I had some hot chocolate later than 9 last night!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

I got 4 out of 6... didn’t walk enough and I had some hot chocolate later than 9 last night!

Ah now technically you drank you didn't eat 😉
  • lauriekallis
    Options

Ah now technically you drank you didn't eat 😉

I was thinking the same thing! I would be really tickled if the only thing I did after 9 was have a cup of something with less than 50 calories.

Might even add that as one of my goals!

See @conniewilkins56, even your "fail" is turning into someone else's goal :-)

• lauriekallis
    Options
    February 23, 2020

Looking back, I realize that I have a wrong dates - I'm really going to annoy me come next week when I try to add my points to the chart!

✅ - avoid refined carbs.
    ✅ - take 10,000 steps. 11,400
    ✅ - drink 80 oz water. 80 oz
    ✅ - 1,000 Calorie Deficit 5 days/Maintenance 2 days. -1,308
    ✅ - notice and respect "hunger" cues.
    ❌ - notice and respect "full" cues. This one is going to be tricky. First there is the water drinking - sometimes (often) that water consumption leaves me feeling full for a bit, and I tend to drink water when I'm in the kitchen preparing a meal/snack. That is a small deal - bigger is the larger portions of low calories foods I've been serving myself. They have been growing and a few times I have eaten until I'm uncomfortably full. Which is why I've added this new goal. Today I'm trying very hard to watch for this...and to peel a few calories off of each meal because yesterday, though I didn't do any "bad" eating, I came in a few hundred calories over goal.
    ✅ - Grant myself one kindness. Yesterday's kindness was not taking that evening walk because I was tired. That felt like a million pounds off my shoulders. Let's see if this is a safe goal :-)

6 points earned toward a weekly potential of 49