Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options
    I will persevere. No noshing. Maybe some gnashing.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I will persevere. No noshing. Maybe some gnashing.

You know you can do this!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    No problem! Lots and lots of chopping and cooking - hardly any tasting even - then an unexpected trip to see a movie! My calories ended up being well under today because I forgot to pick up bananas for the yogurt and berries :) and when I finished one bag of frozen wild blueberries, I was just too lazy to open another. So, success! But wow am I tired now -and have to get up in six hours again. Good night all!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sept 15

✅ 15,000 steps - 26,489

✅ 1000+ deficit - 2,279

❌ 7 hours sleep - 12:17 to 6:06 - 5hr 51 (fitbit counted 5hr 9m) I blame Jackie Chan :)

A bit heavier again this morning. The scale likes to torture me...even at this level of deficit...there is a pattern of it creeping up for 4 or 5 days and then a quick drop (I hope!)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sept 16

✅ 15,000 steps - 22,249

✅ 1000+ deficit - 1,531 Had two 30g chunks of mozzarella when I got home last night - was plain old hungry - but still only ate 1,542 calories. For a low sleep day that wasn't bad. I managed not to order pizza! Didn't even think of that until now. :o

✅ 7 hours sleep - 11:03 to 6:04 - 7hr 1m (fitbit counted 6hr 37)

A bit heavier again this morning :/ Last Friday was a big drop day - I was hoping today might be one too. Alas, no. Tonight I promised the Boy we would go to the chip truck for dinner (again). This might become Friday night - school week is done!!!!! - routine celebration :). Now I'm feeling a bit hesitant because that will definitely put off any big "drop" for at least a few days. Or maybe not? Reason went out the window awhile ago. lol. Okay, that hesitancy just went out the window too.

I've just gotta channel George Michael. o:)

All logic says that I have to be burning fat. The scale isn't showing it - but there is just no way that it isn't happening.

Right?
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,989 Member
    Options
    @lauriekallis Running that kind of deficit you MUST be burning fat! It's just that - like mine - your body must be super-efficient, and tenacious about holding onto its fat reserves for grim death. But it'll yield eventually.

I always say that if I were dropped beside a water source in the middle of the Gobi desert I'd have an advantage over people with fat-profligate cells - my fat miserly cells would hold onto my fat and I'd survive days or even weeks longer. But even I'd die of starvation eventually. That thought gives me hope when the scale is being stubborn.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I've just gotta channel George Michael. o:)

All logic says that I have to be burning fat. The scale isn't showing it - but there is just no way that it isn't happening.

Right?

Right! Faith, patience, perseverance….

🎶 “I'll just have to wait
    Because I've got to have faith
    I gotta have faith
    I've got to, got to, got to have faith“🎶
    —George Michael, Faith

🎶 “ The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    The waiting is the hardest part” 🎶
    —Tom Petty, The Waiting

🎶 “Don't give up
    'Cause you have friends
    Don't give up
    You're not beaten yet
    Don't give up
    I know you can make it good” 🎶
    —Peter Gabriel, Don’t Give Up

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Sept 17

✅ 15,000 steps - 21,111

✅ 1000+ deficit - 1,072 This doesn't feel like it should be a checkmark. My interior (inside my head) goal is 1250 (or close) calories consumed - yesterday was 1,841. I'm glad to have left this as a 1,000+ deficit though because it reminds me that yesterday wasn't a failure.

✅ 7 hours sleep - 7:57 to 7:20 (up for a few hours around 1 - 3??? (fitbit counted 8hr 46m)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sept 18

✅ 15,000 steps - 21,158

✅ 1000+ deficit - 323 This for sure doesn't feel like it should be a checkmark. But it is! Woohoo. Lots of walking balanced out my ridiculous pizza+ dinner yesterday. So I'll just ignore those 4 extra pounds this morning. Certainly not going to log today's weight (have no idea why I even looked.)

✅ 7 hours sleep - 8:00 to 6 (up for a few hours around 11 - think I made 7 hours though. (fitbit counted 6hr 32m)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sept 19

✅ 15,000 steps - 16,991

✅ 1000+ deficit - 1,146

✅ 7 hours sleep - 10:23 to 7:13 - 8h 50m (fitbit counted 7hr 56m)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    Options
    Sep15 S19👍 F=
    Sep16 S10 F-
    Sep17 S12 F=
    Sep18 S20👍 F=
    Sep19 S13 F+
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Look at you checking in when CCCGG is here! And still getting respectable steps - though I don't understand the F= f- f= :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    F= is food within 150 Cal of maintenance eating. Could be up to 150 below. Could be up to 150 above Fitbit TDEE
    possible to still gain or lose weight on F= especially since Fitbit maintenance is not necessarily actual maintenance... but not appreciably under most circumstances.

F- is deficit of more than 150 showing, so likely to have some actual deficit. Given that I'm currently on higher side of maintenance at closer to 156/157 than 155/153, or a desired but very briefly attained 150... F- is fine.

F+... well... F+ we don't really want most of the time,
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Did the pictures and checked in too and even swung all non discretionary non entertainment computer stuff that was needed! :wink: Sleep... not needed as much, right?!?!?!

Oh yea: Sept 20 S18 ✅ F+ or F++ (haven't logged yet and it's by approximation anyway)

Definitely not understanding Fitbit today! I definitely remember more than "3" walks... if nothing else, even at the top of the Grassi falls walk/hike area we were walking around the lakes, not sitting down, so not sure why it separated the uphill from the downhill as two separate activities.

And... if these were two activities plus the third one was walking around the river and downtown, and there were only three activities in total for the day... then how did I manage to hit 80 minutes in the "active zones" today according to fitbit, when at the same time it claims I got a TOTAL of ELEVEN minutes of "fat burn" and ZERO aerobic and ZERO peak minutes during the three walks. And... seriously? what am I, superman? climbing up to have a look at the Grassi falls was not sweating hard for sure... but it's not as if I would have been able to SING comfortably either... so seriously? ONE minute of Fat burn and 100 as my average heart rate for the 19 minutes of uphill beginner hike? It sure as heck was longer than that that... and 19 minutes for 1.5km on a good uphill is a bit optimistic I would say!!! mmmmm.... OK Fitbit!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Perhaps Fitbit was sightweeing? Looking at all those beautiful sights and ignoring your labours?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sept 20

✅ 15,000 steps - 23,784

❌ 1000+ deficit - +978 (which =4,233 calories eaten. 3 days worth. but after ordering pizza+ yesterday afternoon, having a great walk with one friend and then cleaning up a load of nasty stuff in a nearby alley and chatting with another friend, two other joyous friends appeared with an amazing potted plant, a bag of vegan takeout that I could smell from across the street, and a handful of ginormous brilliant yellow sunflowers. Of course I ate again. What a glorious experience - that left me feeling like the luckiest person on the planet. And then I went to the variety store and picked up some chocolate cupcakes to eat while I watched our Canadian election result summaries. And breathed a great sigh of relief that the bad man wasn't elected.

✅ 7 hours sleep - 12:39 to 7:57 - 7h 18m (fitbit counted 6hr 47m)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    What about weekly instead? 😊
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Whichever day was yesterday 😂
    Steps: 23.8 ugh F++ though when logged was only + ?????

But reason says it was a high 3s day while Fitbit had me spending in the low 3's

Logging had me closer to even Steven but.... very approximately since eating out only!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Fitbit & reason don't always exist on the same plane.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sept 22

❌ 15,000 steps - 13,054 torrents of rain all day + no gumption=low steps

❌ 1000+ deficit - +39

✅ 8 hours sleep - 11:25 to 8:13 - 8 48m (fitbit counted ??? forgot to put it back on after my bath last night)

So I'm almost up to my standard gain of 10 pounds when I take a deficit break (which this turned out to be, though it isn't an intended one). But this time - I swear my calf and thigh muscles were actually sore the past few days - not quite cramps, but getting there - as they fill back up with their glycogen load. Just crazy. I've never been so aware of this before. Today they are easing up a bit.

The consistency of this pattern is reassuring this time around. It isn't in my head. This really does happen.

It sucks that I'm going to have to get through these ten pounds again before hitting any real fat loss, but alas that is the way it works.

At least this time I'm running about 10 pounds lower than last time I went through this. So there is progress :)