Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    PAV so happy you all are having such a great time!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,143 Member
    Options
    Great photos Pav! You two look fantastic together!

12,000 steps ✅ 12,919
    Hydrate fully ✅ Yep, on track
    Eat the rainbow ✅ Yep, large salad for lunch
    c2000 calories / over 150g carbs / under 80g fat ✅ 2,006 / 183 / 78
    Practice presentivity ✅ Yep, I'm making a real effort to give people my full attention when they're speaking to me (active listening) - I'm usually so inattentive, and my mind wanders all over the place. I figure that if I practice active listening I'll get better at it over time. Also, I'm working on improving my attention span in general - it's got shockingly bad since I gave up work. I hold social media responsible....
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,730 Member
    Options
    Those are some great goals, Bella! Today, my presentivity is out the window - I'm working on a Friday at midnight deadline and a whole wack of changes streamed in this morning....my poor brain....might even have a coffee...but I know that I won't be paying anywhere near close to full attention to anything until Saturday. I hope noone notices.
  • lauriekallis
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Sept 28

✅ 15,000 steps. 15,778

✅ 1000+ fitbit deficit. 1,088

✅ 7 hours sleep. 12:00 to 7:00 - 7h (fitbit counted 5h 45m)

Sept 29

❌ 15,000 steps. 12,510

❌ 1000+ fitbit deficit. 426

❌ 7 hours sleep. 11:23 to 6:07 - 6h 44m (fitbit counted 6h 10m)

Yesterday was challenging - my work is crazy at the moment - but I despite 3 Xs, I feel like I had a pretty successful day under the circumstances :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,929 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm sure that my X's will get me an up check on the scale!🤷🏻‍♂️

Sneak peak says about 1.3% of body weight 🙀 which it actually not that bad given the circumstances!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    [1] 10,000 steps minimum ✅ 13,025
    [2] Stick within calorie budget ❌ 1568/1500
    [3] Keep well hydrated ✅ 2+ litres
    [4] Complete session 6 of my Back To Fitness Zwift training plan ✅ 16.02 kms
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    [1] 10,000 steps minimum ✅ 14,938
    [2] Stick within calorie budget ❌ 1564/1500
    [4] +15k ride ✅ 20.26 kms
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    October 2nd
    [1] 10,000 steps minimum ✅ 11,134
    [2] Stick within calorie budget ✅ 1499/1500
    [4] +15k ride ✅ 18.21 kms

October 3rd
    [1] 10,000 steps minimum ✅ 13,904
    [2] Stick within calorie budget ✅ 1497/1500
    [4] Gravity yoga to ease back pain ✅
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Bella - you are killing it - and thank you for keeping this thread alive. I feel like I slipped off the edge of the world toward the end of last week and am just, maybe, getting a toehold today after sleeping a reasonable amount last night (finally). This was the most challenging work project situation I've ever been in, and have promised myself that I will never do it again. But I survived and am going to try to catch up on the checkins as a way to find my groove again.

Sept 30
    ✅ 15,000 steps. 17,879
    ❌ 1000+ fitbit deficit. 869
    ❌ 7 hours sleep. 11:23 to 6:07 - 6h 30m (fitbit counted 6h 10m)

Oct 1
    ❌ 15,000 steps. 10,913
    ❌ 1000+ fitbit deficit. +16
    ✅ 7 hours sleep. 4:07 to 10:23 - 6h 16m (fitbit counted56h 59m)

Oct 2
    ✅ 15,000 steps. 15,823
    ❌ 1000+ fitbit deficit. over goal - probably around maintenance - lots of refined carbs though
    ❌ 7 hours sleep. 9:02 to 12:27 + 4:35 to 8:17 - 7h 9m (fitbit counted 6h 24m)

Oct 3
    ❌ 15,000 steps. 9,637
    ❌ 1000+ fitbit deficit. over goal - probably around maintenance - lots of refined carbs again (nan bread and honey!)
    ✅ 7 hours sleep. 11:36 to 8:22 - 8h 46m (fitbit counted 8h exactly)

I managed one ✅ per day at least B)

BUT - 573,307 steps in September! I broke my record last month! Almost forgot about that goal in the quagmire of the past few days. (highest before then was July at 538,677). Let's see what I can do in October - though I have a bit of making up to do.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    @Lauriekallis, your steps are awesome! So cut yourself some slack - sometimes life is just too hectic and health has to take a temporary back seat. Now that your deadline has passed you can focus on getting back on track again! You are totally on top of this!

My back is niggling - making it hard to lie, sit, stand, sleep, walk or cycle. Dammit. I think it may be due to last week's tumble off the bike. So my goals for the week are:
    1. Don't be an idiot - stay off the bike except for 2 scheduled training sessions (which can wait until Fri & Sun) ✅
    2. Gentle stretches ✅
    3. 10,000+ steps a day (back pain permitting) ✅ 14,210
    4. Eat the rainbow ✅ Yep, large salad planned for dinner
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh, Bella - I really want to add "don't be an idiot" to my daily goals. But I'm afraid I won't every get to add a check mark! lol.

Hope your smart approach results in nigglies disappearing very soon.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    TUESDAY
    • Don't be an idiot - stay off the bike except for 2 scheduled training sessions (which can wait until Fri & Sun) ✅
    • Gentle stretches ✅
    • 10,000+ steps a day (back pain permitting) ✅ 12,605
    • Eat the rainbow ✅ Yep, large salad and houmous for dinner
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I’m going to join - these may seem overly broad, but I’m going to start realistic and narrow/reassess once I’m mentally and physically back to myself.

My goals/habits this week (started today):

Gratitude - since I feel like I’ve lost my “glass half full” attitude, time to practice some gratitude, acceptance, and put things back in perspective. Enough feeling bad for myself.

Rest - min 7 hrs of sleep/night

Drink - 128 oz a day - water, coffee, herbal tea

Eat well - Pain goes two routes for me — eat everything or eat nothing, so I’m going to leave this very broad 1200 - 2100 calories/day. Minimize junk food and work towards eliminating soda completely.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. When I first started I set no goal other than to do BETTER. Setting specific goals often had me assessing daily failures. Perhaps just do a bit better as best as you can each day. It all adds up eventually.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,929 Member
    Options
    Well, considering my excesses of the past few weeks... I too am going the "do better" route.... aiming to at least stay within range of maintenance or a slight minus... and hope for better should inspiration strike! :wink:

If I don't self activate I might also add a steps goal as I've been a stuck on computer screen slug these past couple of days--not even going out to check the color of the light bulb in the sky!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Be kind to yourself. When I first started I set no goal other than to do BETTER. Setting specific goals often had me assessing daily failures. Perhaps just do a bit better as best as you can each day. It all adds up eventually.

Thank you for the wisdom and kind words. ☺️
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    10/05/21 check-in

Gratitude - 🤷‍♀️. I got caught up in negative or emotional thoughts more than once and found it hard to focus on the moment, accept the pain, and be appreciative of all the good while at the office. Once home, I was more centered and handled things much better. Techniques: @office - active meditation 📛 returned to office in pain and deep breathing ✅; @home - 50 min yoga ✅

Rest - 7:14 ✅ according to my watch, total “sleep” was 7:36 but I was awake 22 of that. This is surprising to me because I was up and wandering the house multiple times but since it was pain related, time become relative.

Drink - 152 oz ✅ vast majority was water with coffee in the morning and herbal tea before bed.

Eat well - 1308 ✅ this was a challenge. I wasn’t hungry or interested in food most of the day but made sure what I put in my body was nutritious and “ate the rainbow”.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    10/05/21 check-in

Gratitude - 🤷‍♀️. I got caught up in negative or emotional thoughts more than once and found it hard to focus on the moment, accept the pain, and be appreciative of all the good while at the office. Once home, I was more centered and handled things much better. Techniques: @office - active meditation 📛 returned to office in pain and deep breathing ✅; @home - 50 min yoga ✅

Rest - 7:14 ✅ according to my watch, total “sleep” was 7:36 but I was awake 22 of that. This is surprising to me because I was up and wandering the house multiple times but since it was pain related, time become relative.

Drink - 152 oz ✅ vast majority was water with coffee in the morning and herbal tea before bed.

Eat well - 1308 ✅ this was a challenge. I wasn’t hungry or interested in food most of the day but made sure what I put in my body was nutritious and “ate the rainbow”.

You sound as if you're doing everything right NSG! Chronic pain is enervating and challenging at the best of times - you're doing a great job of making the best of the difficult hand you were dealt. You are more inspiring than you probably realise.

Thank you Bella. I’ve been trying to find the right words to replay but can’t seem to find them, so I’ll just express my appreciation again for your message. It meant a lot. 🙂