Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,159 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 19th October
    1. Observe and learn
      I was walking the dog and in my head I had a running commentary along the lines of 'I'm so tired...Boy, this is hard work today....I'm shattered....' I was almost unaware I was doing it. When I DID notice, I realised I wasn't tired at all - the voice was just parroting something I'd said before, and the words bore no relation to my current physical state. I wonder how often I tell myself I'm tired, when really I'm not? I suspect I do it a lot...and I probably tell myself I'm starving too, when that really isn't the case. I'll try to be more aware of this negative white noise n future...
    2. Feel real, physical hunger
      All 3 meals were well spaced out today, so I was genuinely hungry by the time I ate.
    3. Just one more/less..
      I did one extra lap on the turbo, to take me past 20kms
    4. Neatly does it
      Lots of scrubbing and house cleaning today
    5. Slow down and savour
      I made a conscious effort to eat all my meals slower today - I still find this difficult, but I'm noticing some progress.
    6. Leave a little
      Today's toast was really crispy, so I was left with a mound of crumbs. For once I didn't chase them round my plate with a licked finger - I'm counting that as a win!
    7. Make savvy swaps
      I had greek yoghurt rather than icecream for a small dessert after dinner.
    8. Portion control
      All my meals today would have met my mother's criteria for a 'serving fit for a lady'.
    9. Move and bend
      16,353 steps, 20.2km cycling, one full set of stretches
    10. Avoid empty calories
      No empty calories today.

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    I need to join this page. What’s been holding me back from losing that last 25 lbs is snacks. I’m not gaining but basically stuck at maintaining my current weight. Better planning tomorrow!
  • Bella_Figura
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Wednesday 20th October
    1. Observe and learn
      That negative voice I mentioned yesterday was yammering in my head again, so I drowned it out with an alternative narrative. I gave myself a mental pep talk "I feel great today! Wow, my legs feel strong! Maybe I'll walk further today because I feel so energetic..." I didn't for a moment expect it to work, but to my amazement it seemed to be effective!
      All 3 meals were well spaced out today, so I was genuinely hungry by the time I ate.
    3. Just one more/less..
      I did one extra lap on the turbo, to take me past 20kms for the second consecutive day
    4. Neatly does it
      Lots of general activity today - haven't really sat down at all today and it's now almost 7pm
    5. Slow down and savour
      I made a conscious effort to eat all my meals slower today
    6. Leave a little
      All I left was toast crumbs again...but that's still more than I would've left before setting this goal.
    7. Make savvy swaps
      I decided not to save any calories for dessert, and used the calories to add extra veggies to my dinner instead
    8. Portion control
      My mother would be proud of my lady-like portions!
    9. Move and bend
      12,565 steps, 21.4km cycling, one full set of stretches
    10. Avoid empty calories
      No empty calories today.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Thursday 21st October
    1. Observe and learn
      Sometimes the simple things in life - a sharp crunchy apple, a date, a couple of fresh hazelnuts - can really hit the spot and be more satiating on a number of levels than something less natural.
    3. Just one more/less..
      I did one extra push on the turbo, to take me past 20kms for the third consecutive day
    4. Neatly does it
      Lots of general activity today - I'm giving the whole house an autumn deep-clean.
    5. Slow down and savour
      I made a conscious effort to eat all my meals slower today. I still finished ahead of my husband, but the gap wasn't as large.
    6. Leave a little
      Toast crumbs, smears, a few salad leaves. Not much, but it's a step in the right direction.
    7. Make savvy swaps
      I had a whole orange rather than a glass of OJ.
    8. Portion control
      My mother would again have been proud of my lady-like portions!
    9. Move and bend
      16,938 steps, 20.4km cycling, one full set of stretches
    10. Avoid empty calories
      No empty calories today.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    Hey Bella fresh breath of air!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Bella - you are killin' it! Way to go, kitty kat!
  • Bella_Figura
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Friday 22nd October
    1. Observe and learn
      I've been genuinely hungry for at least 3 hours a day for the past ten days, and - somewhat to my amazement - I haven't yet died of starvation nor keeled over through weakness. While being hungry isn't a comfortable state, it's not (for me, in my privileged world) a life threatening one. If anything, it's less uncomfortable than feeling stuffed to the gills...
      Was genuinely hungry before all my meals today. I'm beginning to lose my fear of those hunger pangs...
    3. Just one more/less..
      I had one less spoonful of peanut butter than I'd ideally have liked on my morning slice of toast
    4. Neatly does it
      Not a lot of sitting down today, because I spent most of the day batch cooking to refill the freezer. So I guess that must've burned more calories than just lolling on the sofa.
    5. Slow down and savour
      We had a very light dinner (just a couple of slices of crunchy sourdough toast, followed by fresh fruit) but I cut each of my slices into four small pieces. Unfathomably, this made me eat them MUCH slower. It made a dramatic difference. I also took my time eating the fruit.
    6. Leave a little
      I left lots of toast crumbs at breakfast and dinner and a bit of coleslaw at lunch. Every little helps.
    7. Make savvy swaps
      I had salad with my houmous at lunchtime, rather than pitta bread.
    8. Portion control
      I'm on a roll with the lady-like portions at the moment.
    9. Move and bend
      15,506 steps, one full set of stretches
    10. Avoid empty calories
      No empty calories today.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Why are you spoiler alerting?🤯
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    I'm not spoiler alerting - I'm hiding the content so people can skip the post easily if they can't be bothered to read all my waffle....
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Sunday 24th October
    1. Observe and learn
      Sometimes a morsel is as good as a feast...
      Was genuinely hungry before all my meals today.This is getting to be a habit...
    3. Just one more/less..
      I had one extra walk today, so walked over 20,000 steps
    4. Neatly does it
      No housework or gardening, but a couple of hours tramping round the shops looking for a birthday present for someone who's impossible to please.
    5. Slow down and savour
      As a quick snack while shopping I had cheese scone and 5g pack of butter for lunch. Calorie dense but small, so I took my time over it. It sustained me fine until dinner.
    6. Leave a little
      I left a small chunk of scone...
    7. Make savvy swaps
      I had marmite with my breakfast toast, not PB&J.
    8. Portion control
      Modest portions for all my meals toay
    9. Move and bend
      20,486 steps, one full set of stretches
    10. Avoid empty calories
      No empty calories today.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Ugh marmite 🤯
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Ugh marmite 🤯
    That’s some terribly salty, pasty concoction?
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Ugh marmite 🤯

Food of the Gods 🤤🤤🤤
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Marmite - mmmmmmmm! On toast,on crumpets, in a sarnie!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You "islanders off the coast of Europe" are getting a 👎 for Marmite. Same goes for anyone mentioning Vegimite! I mean... come on. Next thing you know we will be talking about anchovies and fish roe :lol:

Well. I might change it to a thumbs up if you guys con Connie into trying them :wink:
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Nope, not today!
  • Bella_Figura
    edited October 2021
    Options
    jqaql9xjdrzb.png
    What about marmite and sharp cheddar swirls?

bwo0pn31adhs.png
    or marmite on buttered crumpets?

8mckwxv5u4fn.png
    or mixed into crunchy peanut butter?

Nom nom nom....
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh good heavens NO! Salted fermented yeast with soy? And a motor oil after taste
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Oh good heavens NO! Salted fermented yeast with soy? And a motor oil after taste

Clearly you weren't a Marmite baby...
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »

Clearly you weren't a Marmite baby...

Nope! Tasted it once in my life. That was more than enough. Can’t imagine babies liking Marmite. However, when he was a baby, my son loved dill pickles and sauerkraut.