Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Your check-ins are all so inspirational.
    My computer went belly up a couple of days ago, and though I'm here on my phone right now, it's just an act of desperation. This tiny screen is just too small for anything.

Hopefully the desktop will be back from the shop on Friday and then I'll do a proper checkin.

I managed to eat well yesterday I'm guessing around 1500 calories maybe a bit more but not much. My eating the day before crashed when my computer crashed. 🙄 Because clearly ordering a pizza will fix anything.

You all look so tiny today! I think you're all losing a bit too much!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    10/06/21 check-in

Gratitude - Techniques: @office - active meditation 📛 returned to office in pain and deep breathing ✅; @home - turned off electronics and spent time cooking and trying a new recipe; ended the day with 30 min yoga ✅

Rest - 7:51 ✅

Drink - 155 oz ✅

Eat well - 📛 ate nutritious and balanced yesterday, but under calorie range.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,639 Member
    Options
    Good job nerdy! Laurie? S'up with the box?

First day in ages where I tried to go for a *real* walk yesterday (since the 26th, so 10 DAYS)... and.... no go! I cut things short at 45 minutes due to the smog from distant wildfires 🥺🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY
    • Don't be an idiot - stay off the bike except for 2 scheduled training sessions (which can wait until Fri & Sun) ✅ Yep,still resisting biking temptation. Hopefully I can do a training session tomorrow...
    • Gentle stretches ✅ Yep, my new form of torture
    • 10,000+ steps a day (back pain permitting) ✅ 17,511 (that's quite a lot...my back's complaining now...)
    • Eat the rainbow ❌ Hmmm, I've had leeks, potato, red onion, a banana...that's not exactly the full colour spectrum. So no green tick today..
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    What a disturbing thought, PAV. A lot of the planet went up in smoke this summer.

I think the box just decided that Laurie deserved a few days away from her desk 🙂

CPU died. And apparently there was a criminal amount of dust inside there. Hamilton is a dirty place. I thought all of my case screens that I clean regularly we're doing a good enough job but apparently not.

I think it's back today - with any luck it won't be ready for pickup until tomorrow 😁

You got such a good handle on this Nerdy Girl (do I know everything always looks easier and more sunshiny in someone else's post).

Hope your back is chilling out a bit today, Bella.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    If you burn wax candles and such near the computer box... don't. That gunk + dust = instant thermal blanket. Only thing worse than that that I've ever seen is construction site insides!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    10/07/21 check-in

Yesterday went like:
    rgjiqlmca3lr.jpeg

Gratitude - 📛
    Yesterday my body decided it was exhausted, my legs didn’t want to work right, and I lacked the mental or emotional strength to fight with it, so I stayed home and slept.

Rest - 14+ hrs including naps ✅

Drink - 142 oz ✅

Eat well - 📛📛📛 - I ate over and no exercise calories to eat back to make up for it. Drank diet soda and ate ice cream.
  • PAV8888
    edited October 2021
    Options
    So till Sept 27, steps and all were going fine... going up and down the mountains with CCCGG... and then we landed in SLUG CITY!

S27: 11
    S28: 12
    S29: 8
    S30: 10
    O1: 11
    O2: -last minute shopping-17
    O3: -the big ship out-10
    O4: 7!
    O5: 7!
    O6: 12
    O7: 13

At least F(ood) is fairly close to maintenance during the same time period. So... goal is to perk up a bit here!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    If you burn wax candles and such near the computer box... don't. That gunk + dust = instant thermal blanket. Only thing worse than that that I've ever seen is construction site insides!

I've done a lot of renovations with this computer on site but I was pretty certain I'd cleaned it out since the last round. The problem was really that the CPU fan died...the dust was a bonus.

Fortunately I don't burn candles.

It's an old system with an old motherboard that has a reputation of running hot... Unfortunately they didn't stock the fan because it too is a bit old. It was supposed to be delivered today hopefully it got there after I spoke to them around 4:00. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Before I started using an air conditioner, on the hot summer days if my shifts were running long I had to direct a tabletop fan at the computer to keep it going. 😁 The past couple years, when ive had an air conditioner, that hasn't been an issue. Because it was a pretty funny archaic looking setup.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    10/08/2021 check-in

Gratitude - ✅

Rest - 7:26 ✅

Drink - 140 oz ✅

Eat well - ✅
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Friday
    • Don't be an idiot - stay off the bike except for 2 scheduled training sessions (which can wait until Fri & Sun) ✅ Yep,waited until today to do the first of my two training sessions. Only did 20kms at a gentle wattage, so the back was fine...
    • Gentle stretches ✅ Yep, still torturous
    • 10,000+ steps a day (back pain permitting) ✅ 14,091
    • Eat the rainbow ✅ Yep, plenty of fruits and veggies today...

Saturday
    • Don't be an idiot - stay off the bike except for 2 scheduled training sessions (which can wait until Fri & Sun) ✅ Yep, took a break between my two training sessions
    • Gentle stretches ✅ Even on my new yoga mat these remain challenging!
    • 10,000+ steps a day (back pain permitting) ✅ 19,655 (yay, a new record since I re-committed to getting healthier)
    • Eat the rainbow ✅ Yep, leeks, potatoes, onions, red/orange/yellow peppers, beetroot, tomatoes, cucumber, blueberries, raspberries, banana...I think that's enough!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Sunday
    • Don't be an idiot - stay off the bike except for 2 scheduled training sessions (which can wait until Fri & Sun) ✅ Yep, back's much better so managed 32 kms today
    • Gentle stretches ✅ Yep, though still not enjoying them
    • 10,000+ steps a day (back pain permitting) ✅ 14,797
    • Eat the rainbow ✅ Yep, leeks, potatoes, onions, red cabbage, carrots, green beans. brussels sprouts, blueberries, raspberries, banana...I think that's enough!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    How were your beets prepared?

• lauriekallis
    Options
    I know you weren't asking me PAV... But I had the most wonderful roasted beet salad today - with goat cheese and almonds on a bed of baby spinach... Some of my friends are AMAZING cooks!!!!!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    I roasted the beets with a drizzle of olive oil for about 30 minutes...then chopped and drizzled with lemon juice, another small amount of olive oil and sumac. Lemony and delicious! If I'd had some feta I wouldv'e crumbled that over too, but I didn't have any...
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    This week's daily goals:
    • Cycling 5/7 days (T, W, T, F, Su) ❌
    • 10,000+ steps a day ✅ 17,523
    • Eat the rainbow ✅ Yep, huge salad for lunch
    • Targeted stretches ✅ Still not enjoying them though.

• NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    10/09/2021 check-in
    Gratitude - ✅ long mind clearing walk
    Rest - 📛 6:42
    Drink - ✅ 148 oz
    Eat well - ✅ ate over but was because I ate back exercise calories, so still in a deficit

Total calorie deficit for the week - just over 1,900

———

This week, same goals and maintain a weekly calorie deficit

I’m going to have to find new forms of gratitude since the physical therapist wants me to hold off on exercise until pain and inflammation are under control. Just PT stretching.

10/10/2021 check-in
    Gratitude - ✅ yoga
    Rest - ✅ 9:49
    Drink - ✅ 125 oz
    Eat well - 📛 slightly over
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'll be back soon it's so inspiring to see my fellow comrades doing so well. I just can't imagine trying to do this on the phone.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    This week's daily goals:
    Cycling 5/7 days ❌❌
    10,000+ steps a day ✅ ✅17,782
    Eat the rainbow ✅❌ Nope, the day ran away with me so I just grabbed a commercial soup for lunch and only onions with dinner...
    Targeted stretches ✅✅ Still a literal pain in the butt...
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    10/11/2021 check-in
    Gratitude - ✅ home spa day
    Rest - ✅ 7:10
    Drink - ❔ likely met goal but only tracked until noonish
    Eat well - ✅