Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,028 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Young lady... thine fiber... better be a database error on MFP's part! :hushed:

Sadly not. That's where a day of eating white bread and barely any veggies, pulses or fruit gets you...
  • Bella_Figura
    edited November 2021
    Options
    • 2 litres of water ✅ 2.2 litre
    • +30g fibre ✅ 44g
    • +55g protein ✅ 68g
    Smashed it!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    Options
    This is for Tuesday...
    • :) Lots of sleep - a solid 8 hours - didn't get up once. Lots of making up to do - made me very happy to wake up to daylight today!
    • :( much "treat overindulging." Individually okay - but 4 treats in one day is kinda overindulging me thinks...
    • :) Protein every meal
    • :) 21,610 steps.

Really overate today - but I did do other things well - going to go in and log that extra stuff now.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Might have to drag my sorry **kitten** here and cut down on my "late night meal" especially since between paw and weather I'm not pulling my more usually Laurie like walkies numbers. Not terrible. But closer to 15k than 20 or 25k. And 15 means I should be eating in the 2-2.5s, not 2.5 to 3.5s🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Tuesday:
    • +30g fibre ✅ 43g
    • +55g protein ✅ 68g

Wednesday:
    • +30g fibre ✅ 45g
    • +55g protein ✅ 68g

Let it never be said that I'm inconsistent...
  • lauriekallis
    edited November 2021
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    ... Laurie like walkies numbers.

8 262 yesterday. :|

Bet you smashed that out of the park.

I'm not even sure of the calories yet. At least 500 over...gotta go log now.

:#

• lauriekallis
    Options
    Wednesday...
    • :o Lots of sleep - a solid 9 hours

• :( much overindulging - going to switch to meeting maintenance calories now that I am logging. Using Fitbit's generous numbers for the moment - but still went over by 458 calories

• :) Protein every meal

• :( 8,262 steps
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I did yesterday. But not on M+T which were sub 13. Hoping for a string of warm(er) days over the next few.

Ran into an issue that took a while to solve and was up till 3:50, and up at 7:40 for testing appointment for parental.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Still substituting candy for sleep. It is not a winning strategy!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh my, PAV. That is so not good for you. I've been there myself many times and always feel terrible for it - though often there is no choice.

Hope you can treat yourself very well today to compensate. Lots of vitamin C? Fibre? All that stuff that makes a body happy.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I would never ever ever say you are inconsistent, Bella! You and your determination inspire me every day (though I don't seem to be acting on that surge of inspiration!)
  • lauriekallis
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thursday...

:/ Barely adequate sleep - 5 hours - out last night to see a friends show - bough a ticket for the first show - then they offered me a drive home from Toronto to Hamilton and free admission for the second show. Needless to say I happily jumped at that opportunity.

:( much overindulging - Fitbit says I'm under by 124. But I still don't have a handle on eating. It is like I have been starved for a long long time and just can't stop eating. Yesterday wasn't even "junk" (only 1 ginger molasses cookie) just lots and lots of eating. Hope I get through this/past this soon.

:) Protein every meal

:) 15,556 steps
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week - and all future weeks- eat more slowly. I need to mentally and physically register that I have eaten.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    My goals for this week continue to focus on satiety - so I aim to have at least 30g fibre a day, and at least 55g of protein.

Today (so far) I've had 35g and 60g respectively.

Not much exercise today though - the pavements were treacherous (-3 degrees overnight gave us black sheet ice) so I only walked for a couple of kms. Must do better tomorrow - when I'll also do an hour on the turbo.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh Bella - sorry about the cold and ice 🥶. I hate the hot Texas summers but 9 months of the years it’s great. Today is 72F (22C) with brilliant blue skies. Do stay warm!
  • PAV8888
    edited November 2021
    Options
    22C I will take. black ice is treacherous. gimpy is practicing for older age by ordering trekking poles--a vague notion exists that they might help on snow and ice... I suspect that it's a pipe dream but they may also come in handy on waterlogged trails--if I ever make it back home!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope you can get back home soon. Sound like you’re in for another round of rain.
    We do get some cold. 🤠 Haven’t had a frost yet this year and the few deciduous trees are turning color. Everything else is nice and green. It’s our gift for 3-4 months of relentless 100F+ (38C) temps all summer.
    Going to the post office today with the Christmas cards. Last few years they took weeks to arrive. Some never did arrive. Trying to get some shopping done while I’m out. 🎅🏻 Then I’m making a batch of cabbage soup.
    Ah, the life of the old and retired! 👍
  • lauriekallis
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Bella - ice - the very word scares me. It is the bane of winter in lower city Hamilton. Not usually black ice - wildly swinging temperatures ice - and negligent homeowners ice (church!!! owners too. Many churches around me, on corners, and they don't tend to clear their now?).

Sounds like you had a perfect day, Yooly. I'm responding to posts out of order etc...like everything was this morning :)

I've fallen out of the check in loop. I've finally have it worked out (maybe) - I'm at the point where I can relatively comfortably type in my "sleeping" sling which is must less restrictive. I switch into the "real" sling when I get dressed - so I have to remember to come here before getting dressed and having my arm locked into it's new norm position. :)

Monday:

:) Good sleep - 8 hours (fitbit says 6:59 - but she/he is too fussy).

:) "NO" overindulging - Fitbit says I was under by 911 calories. Wow. Small victory - bought a pack of those 50 calorie pudding cups - usually eat all 4, gave myself permission/expectation to eat all 4 - only ate 2?!?!?! Not sure what is going on, but maybe I'm turning a corner? (hope so, weight myself again and I'm up 21 pounds from my lowest weight in September)

:) Protein every meal

:) 17,413 steps
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Laurie, I’m counting on you to get to our mutual goal of 150 this year! We’re going to get through Christmas and back to deficit. I have a family wedding in August and hope no one recognizes me after two years.
    You’ve done an impressive amount of steps considering you have a broken wing and freezy weather! Wish I could share the sleep numbers though.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, Yooly. Can't tell you how that little post perked me up. And come with us, Connie! We will do it. Pooling our motivation, determination and wisdom will help.