Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    Yes Connie too! She’s been quiet lately and I worry about her. Hope all is well and Connie just needs a break for a while.
    We need all the support we can muster. 😍
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,652 Member
    Options
    Tuesday...

:) Decent sleep - 7 hrs 40 minutes (fitbit says 6:20)

:( "Too Much" overindulging - Over by 707 calories. Hmm....is this just me being ridiculous (kind of had an extra dinner with a friend after a show last night - then came home and finished off the bag of frozen chickenless strips in my freezer) or a response to being so under yesterday? (which wasn't a goal, but just happened). Going to try to be more active in controlling my "input" and aim for a smallish deficit. I am healing so don't want to go crazy...but nor do I think that eating an extra 500 or 1000 calories in empty calories is going to help the healing process.

:) Protein every meal

:) 18,701 steps
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Wednesday...

:) Decent sleep - 9 ish hrs (fitbit even gives me 8:13 today)

:) "No" overindulging - Under by 1662 ??? Hmm again ... this was not my target ... I think it was just a natural response to eating so much the day before. Got home last night - no desire to eat, but thought I should probably eat some protein so had greek yogurt/banana/walnuts and then went to bed.

:) Protein every meal

:) 22,394 steps (these step counts are funny. I'm taking much shorter strides and nice flat ground so am getting a good step count while covering less territory :) )

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,995 Member
    Options
    I'm consistently hitting 30+ grams of fibre every day, two litres of water and protein at every meal. It has made a HUGE difference to my satiety levels...no more hunger!

A prime example of a lesson learned...applied...neglected...and then re-learned.

Why do we have to learn lessons multiple times before they sink in?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good for you, Bella.

Maybe we are all still kids at heart - and we keep thinking "I know this now, so I can break the rules and it will all be okay"?

Kinda like Iggy Pop and Tom Waits in Coffee and Cigarettes?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thursday...

:) Good sleep - In bed "asleep" for 9 ish hrs (fitbit gave me 7:12-I know I was up a lot)

:/ "some" overindulging - Over by 81. Too much social butterflying...3 "tea" visits - 3 people - too many calories, but not insane. Up by 3.6 pounds though this morning. :(

:| A little, but no significant protein every meal

:) 15,102 too many stops during the walks to have "tea"
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    All I am doing is shopping and more shopping….eating right and feeling so much better!
  • Bella_Figura
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good for you, Bella.

Maybe we are all still kids at heart - and we keep thinking "I know this now, so I can break the rules and it will all be okay"?

Kinda like Iggy Pop and Tom Waits in Coffee and Cigarettes?

I definitely think there's an element of wilful rebelliousness in the refusal to learn the lesson. Mentally I'm backchatting with an: 'I know this already!'

3fg5vp81zn3d.png

• lauriekallis
    Options
    sk84z4m0d3re.jpg
    exactly!
  • lauriekallis
    edited December 2021
    Options
    i meant to include this link...the point im referring to starts at the 3 minute mark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49tTzEifY6M
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I've been off grid again for a while, work was super stressful and left me with no free time, so I don't work there any more, took a new job with bit of a pay cut, but have a much healthier work/life balance now. Now when I leave the office, I actually leave the office, no phone or email out of hours and no expectation to worry about things once you're out the door.

I'm just recovering from the nasty C word (and I don't mean Christmas lol) luckily had it very mild but it's no fun being in home quarantine for over a week. Free tomorrow finally, it's somewhat thrown a spanner in my daily goals of late as there's only so much walking you can do around a 3 bedroom semi in Winter.

So although my actual goals are out the window, my goals for today are:
    • 👓Review my rowing club's constitution (been meaning to do this for a couple of week, no excuse now).
    • 💷 Check out funding opportunities for the club's new premises.
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️Aim for 5000 steps or more
    • 🧘🏻‍♀️Yoga or Meditation this evening
    • 📵Screen free evening (after 7pm excluding kindle)
  • lauriekallis
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good to see you @tinkerbellang83 - Hope you had a good, good C (not the bad c).
    Congratulations and your decision and your new job. Pretty darned important to maintain some life for ourselves. Though a pay cut feels scary - sounds like the other rewards are something worth paying for!
    Love yourgoals for today.
    Hope you have some nice weather tomorrow to enjoy when you are set free :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,689 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hey Tinker! Missed your goal spreadsheets! Glad to hear you're recovered ❣️ from all C's😘
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Hey Tinker! Missed your goal spreadsheets! Glad to hear you're recovered ❣️ from all C's😘

Thanks my spreadsheets are back, my new supervisor wants to lose weight for his wedding next year so I've some work buddy accountability too which is helpful.

Hope you all had a great good C!

@lauriekallis I am glad to see you're still here keeping this going. The pay cut is not too bad, I gave myself a worst case scenario doable salary to aim above and this is still a bit above that, just means not as much going into savings each month, I am still living pretty comfortablely. Which in the current state of the world is no small thing so I am extremely grateful for that (and the newfound work/life balance). This is the first Christmas I've not worked in over a decade.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Thursday's goals
    • Keep under 2000 calories ✅ Yep, and had a few to spare
    • Minimum 15000 steps ✅ 15,202
    • Rest and relax after guests leave, rather than go crazy stripping beds and doing housework etc. ✅ Yep, I even had an afternoon nap!
    • Enjoy one or two treats (within 2000 calorie budget) ✅ Yep, had a small slice of chocolate Panettone and a triangle of Toblerone from my husband's smuggled stash (he hid what he didn't want me to give away!)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,689 Member
    Options
    Oh no. Panettone! That's going to be interesting as we will probably cut into one for new year's... TWO people! Do you know how many calories are in a slice of Panettone? EXACTLY! That's a couple of lbs right there! <wait a second... how can a part share of a panettone that weights just under two lbs make you gain two lbs?!> :pensive: hmmm.... I'll have to think on that! :blush:
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

So although my actual goals are out the window, my goals for today are:
    • 👓Review my rowing club's constitution (been meaning to do this for a couple of week, no excuse now). ✅ Done
    • 💷 Check out funding opportunities for the club's new premises. ✅ Done
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️Aim for 5000 steps or more ❌ just shy at 4600
    • 🧘🏻‍♀️Yoga or Meditation this evening ✅ Did both 15 mins Yoga, 10 mins Meditation
    • 📵Screen free evening (after 7pm excluding kindle) ✅

It's my first day of freedom, yay! Miserable outside but still going to get a walk somewhere.

Today's goals
    • 💃🏻Cardio warm up (dancing like noone is looking) ✅Already done
    • 🏋🏻‍♀️ Strength Training ✅ Already done
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️5000 steps+
    • 💳Pop into the bank now it's actually open on a day I am not working or quarantined
    • 🍎Do some grocery shopping (pick up only what I need for next week's food planning)
    • 👕Finish up some laundry
    • 🥘 Make some veggie chilli for lunches next week
    • 🧘🏻‍♀️Yoga or Meditation this evening
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    oh, Tinker. I'm so glad you are back. You inspire me here. Thank you.

Today's goals.
    • Morning shoulder exercises
    • 1 hour walk with the furry one
    • 1/2 hour no sling "arm swinging" walk
    • healthy meal with a rainbow (nod to Bella :) )
    • figure out how to return too small high traction winter boots I bought online
    • pick up groceries for The Boy's visit/sleepover tomorrow
    • afternoon shoulder exercises
    • cook 8 / eat 2 hard boiled eggs (nod to PAV)
    • get ready for the excitement
    • take a neighbourhood walk with my still too nervous to go anywhere friend and the furry one.
    • a treat with less nervous friends - someone's picking up takeout - have no idea what, but I'm going to enjoy it all.
    • out to see Withnail and I at the local independent cinema with even less nervous friends (this includes another sling free walk)
    • sparkling-wine, after-movie tailgate party (my plan - I picked up individual bottles of Henkell - and I have no idea where we will drink them, but outside somewhere like a bunch of inner-city Hamilton hooligans. And there is no "tailgate" involve, but what the heck.)
    • Welcome 2022

This morphed into more of a celebration anticipation list than a daily goals - but that feels like a nice way to wrap up 2021.
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    Oh I LOVE Withnail and I!
  • Bella_Figura
    Options
    And your evening plans sound awesome! Enjoy every moment!