Daily Habit Checkin

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Off topic here-
    Withnail and I? I’ll see if it’s on Netflix- not in the theaters here. The movie theaters are just beginning to fully open in the last month. Went to see West Side Story which was disappointing but the first movie I’ve seen in a real theater in over two years. So it was worth it just for the big screen experience.
    Sorry back to daily habits.........
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    You will never look at a bowl of washing-up in quite the same way again once you've seen the film Withnail and I....
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Mercifully I have a double bowl sink and a dishwasher too. Now I’m curious about what might happen in a washing up bowl. Incidentally the term “washing up bowl” is not common terminology here.
    Sorry for all the linguistic questions. Former English teacher here with a fascination for quirks of language! Same language but so different depending on location. 🤓
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,992 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I'm the same Yooly. I'm a writer so I love words...our cultural differences fascinate me.

And if you google 'Withnail and I washing up' you'll get directed to a YouTube clip from the movie so you can satisfy your curiosity...
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Today's goals
    • 💃🏻Cardio warm up (dancing like noone is looking) ✅Already done
    • 🏋🏻‍♀️ Strength Training ✅ Already done
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️5000 steps+☑️
    • 💳Pop into the bank now it's actually open on a day I am not working or quarantined☑️
    • 🍎Do some grocery shopping (pick up only what I need for next week's food planning)☑️
    • 👕Finish up some laundry☑️
    • 🥘 Make some veggie chilli for lunches next week❎ OH took over the kitchen is deferred to today.
    • 🧘🏻‍♀️Yoga or Meditation this evening ☑️
    Hope everyone had an enjoyable new year. I wish you all the best for 2022, embrace the things that bring you joy and have the strength to lose the things that don't.

Today's Goals
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️5000 steps+
    • 🚶Walk out to the wetlands
    • 🥘 Make some veggie chilli
    • 📵 Screen Free Evening (excl. Kindle)
    • 🥞 Plan out food for day and stick to it
    • 🧺 Sort clean laundry
    • 🧽 Clean car out
    • 👩‍🦳Dye hair
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Good to know that the cat is safe and it is only the car that needs cleaning out! In other news maybe I need to look into new glasses... AGAIN!

Merry New Year and Happy Christmas... or something similar to all that linguistically speaking (*kitten* *kitten* it, will it ever be confusing if someone ever runs into this post without context!)

Not sure what daily habits I'm in today.

--Possibly walk the dog. Probably would be more appropriate since I will make the wild assumption that she will let me know her opinion if I try to welch on this one!

--Try to get to bed early even if I perk up by then!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Good to know that the cat is safe and it is only the car that needs cleaning out! In other news maybe I need to look into new glasses... AGAIN!

Merry New Year and Happy Christmas... or something similar to all that linguistically speaking (*kitten* *kitten* it will it ever be confusing if someone ever runs into this post without context!)

Not sure what daily habits I'm in today.

--Possibly walk the dog. Probably would be more appropriate since I will make the wild assumption that she will let me know her opinion if I try to welch on this one!

--Try to get to bed early even if I perk up by then!

Sure sounds like someone had a long hard night!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    TL/dr: not anything earth shattering but have had better Dec 31/Jan 1 day pairings!

Was at an airport located 45 minutes from home at 4am on Friday 31. Did not sleep before then since I usually get to bed at around 2am. Left that airport and got home 6 hours later. Did not leave on the flight I was scheduled on and which would have had me at dad's by early afternoon on the 31st. Was re-scheduled for today's 6am flight.

Decided that this wasn't going to work out well for me. Was on hold on the phone for more than 5 hours in total in order to discuss. Successfully spoke to ZERO people as the phone line cut off twice.

Slept, probably, 35 minutes sitting at the computer. That was probably safe-ish.
    Maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute while driving. Probably less so.

Found myself at a different airport, just 35 minutes from home, for 1.75 hours starting at 10pm. There because I had already spent 5 hour on hold and not accomplished anything on the phone and we were down to less than 8 hours to the re-scheduled flight.

Resolved everything due to lucking out and finding an extremely helpful employee and her manager. Not that I wasn't right from the beginning. I was. But instead of covering up and finding excuses for their colleagues they both acknowledged that their colleagues at the other airport had screwed up, annotated the file and wrote long messages including screen shots explaining to them why they were wrong, and tried to accommodate me as much as possible beyond that.

Still had to go back to the first airport this morning after 4.5 hours of sleep because... well... cab ride/uber from first airport to home is $100. And I was looking at cab ride back and then getting back again in the morning or spending $60+gas (turns out $14) to rent a car and drop it off on my way out in the morning instead.

Only... well the "way out in the morning" has now been postponed to Thursday evening. And the car still had to go back!

I made it back home by 8:30am.... to a flurry of Happy New Year texting. Slept for an hour... took a tylenol... had coffee and coke zero... and I am now ready to take out the dog before it gets dark! :anguished: Had a frozen shepherd's pie and extra instant mash and green beans for brunch!

Not the most festive couple of days so far!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Holy crap PAV. 😱 Total nightmare! In June we spent 6 hours at the airport only to have flight cancelled. Luggage traveled round trip. It was exhausting and needlessly expensive - we ended up canceling the whole trip. So I’m sympathetic to your plight. Hope you get lucky Thursday.

Back to the topic at hand here....
    I’m going to do better at logging quantities and random sampling. Deficit eating for me is 1200-1300 calories. No wiggle room at this point unless I suddenly wake up 5 inches taller. So if I’m ever going to get to goal I have to be honest with myself
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I admit to wiggle room and discretionary calories. Still like to account for as close as possible because I like to "flatten the pendulum" or flatten the curve of up and downs as much as possible which means that I go for gradual downs and small deficits.

But if you're trying for a sub 250 deficit ... all of a sudden the 16 to 20 calories of black coffee and the 20 calories of garlic powder and the lie that Mrs Dash has no calories and the 20 calories of cheddar flavored seasoning. .. well then.... that's a quarter to half of the deficit i would be trying for!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,649 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    PAV - my head is spinning. I hope day two of 2022 is calmer with 0 seconds of frustration/waiting/uncertainty.

Yooly, Withnail and I is from 1987 - a weird little black comedy with so many quirks and laughs that after the tenth viewing or so will have you laughing with anticipation over what is coming next. Really pulls at your heartstrings too, in between the chuckles.

There were exactly 6 customers in the theatre on New Year's Eve. Myself and 4 friends, and 1 other fellow way way way in the back - on a straight back chair in the area for those in wheelchairs. Not sure if he saw the entire movie - saw him on the way in, but not on the way out.

It was very strange. I hope the theatre survives the pandemic. New rules here. You must wear a mask the entire time you are inside. The sale of drinks, snacks and popcorn is banned unless it is for takeout. :(

The little bottles of bubbly I brought for the after party went over well. Had three extra - two went to the theatre staff (who were kind enough to stash my carry bag in their cooler while we watched the movie) and 1 went to a fellow riding by us outside the theatre on a scooter. It was a classic moment after watching such a "substance heavy" movie. We were toasting the soon to come New Year when this fellow zipped by us on the sidewalk. I called out "would you like some champagne?" and he came to such a quick stop I thought he might topple off the seat :D

It was one of my best New Year's Eve celebrations in a while. Now am starting to get back to reality, gently though because The Boy is back and we spent day one playing and eating pancakes and berries for supper. Haven't had those in forever, but he requested them and I found a decent recipe online. Was honoured with "Nan makes the best pancakes in the world" so I might just have to add them to some kind of rotation from here on in. Though I'm not sure how that fits in with my "no grain staples" idea...I guess pancakes are treats - not "staples" :)

Was pretty excited to be able to "cook" ! I'm out of the sling pretty well all the time I'm at home now (outside is still too scary) and the right arm is learning to do things again. It can't lift it's upper self with its own muscles yet - but from the elbow down things are good! And with a little help from it's friend Lefty it can point straight up and to the side now - so the range of motion is coming back. Strengthening is going to be very very slow. My physiotherapist (found a new one - encouraging, yet gentle and knowledgeable) reminds me regularly not to do anything at home that I don't do there - and that isn't a whole heck of a lot yet.

So, I have a new goal to implement on a daily basis - cooking!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to better understand how I fell so off track as I find my way back to somewhat normal living.

This new year is feeling so good and full of possibility today.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    @PAV8888 that sounds awful, hope you have managed to catch up on some sleep since and that your eventual travel to your dad's is less stressful.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Yesterday's Goals
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️5000 steps+ ☑️
    • 🚶Walk out to the wetlands☑️
    • 🥘 Make some veggie chilli❎
    • 📵 Screen Free Evening (excl. Kindle)☑️
    • 🥞 Plan out food for day and stick to it❎
    • 🧺 Sort clean laundry❎
    • 🧽 Clean car out❎
    • 👩‍🦳Dye hair❎

Not a very successful day yesterday fatigue got the better of me, hopefully have a more productive day today.
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️5000 steps+
    • 🚶Evening walk
    • 🥘 Make some veggie chilli
    • 🥞 Make protein pancakes
    • 🖋️Plan out food for day and stick to it
    • 💻 Look for a suitable longer yoga flow
    • 🧺 Sort clean laundry
    • 👩‍🦳Dye hair
    • 🧘 Yoga and/or Meditation before bed

• PAV8888
    Options
    @PAV8888 that sounds awful, hope you have managed to catch up on some sleep since and that your eventual travel to your dad's is less stressful.

Well, 7h 19 min out of 8h 13 min in bed according to Fitbit, which for me is quite good! HR Variability shot up (that's good), resting heart rate is down (that's good), skin temp, breaths per minute and SPO2 saturation all within normal variability range for myself which means no imminent COVID or other issue as per current body metrics! :smiley:

Soooo.... still ticking; but, could probably use another night like this one to fully recover! :blush:
  • tinkerbellang83
    edited January 2022
    Options

Not a very successful day yesterday fatigue got the better of me, hopefully have a more productive day today.
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️5000 steps+ ✅ coming up on 9500
    • 🚶Evening walk ✅ 4km walk done and luckily dodged the rain
    • 🥘 Make some veggie chilli ✅
    • 🥞 Make protein pancakes ❌ deferred til tomorrow
    • 🖋️Plan out food for day and stick to it ❌ didn't plan but was reasonably sensible
    • 💻 Look for a suitable longer yoga flow ✅ settled on checking out Jesssamyn Stanley's stuff
    • 🧺 Sort clean laundry ✅
    • 👩‍🦳Dye hair ✅ not a grey in sight (for at least 4 weeks)
    • 🧘 Yoga and/or Meditation before bed ✅

Tomorrrow's Goals:
    • 🚶🏻‍♀️8000 steps+
    • 🚶forest walk
    • 🚣🏻‍♀️ sort out agenda for rowing club committee meeting (Think I did more meetings than rows in 2021).
    • 🥞 Make protein pancakes
    • 🖋️Follow food plan and defrost meals for work
    • 💻Check out Jessamyn Stanley's 30 minute beginner yoga flow
    • 🏋🏻‍♀️20 minute strength training
    • 🧘 Yoga and/or Meditation before bed
    • 😴 Back into a routine ready for work, early night!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope you get another good night of sleep in tonight, PAV

Seven of nine is pretty fine, @tinkerbellang83 - 4 weeks go so fast! I had my cousin, a motorcycle riding, 60 year old mechanic with a bit of a tough boy attitude henna my hair a few weeks ago. That was a bit of a painful hoot. I can already see the roots coming in ... might not be able to do it quite yet ... hope he is game to give it a whirl one more time! lol
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hope you get another good night of sleep in tonight, PAV

Seven of nine is pretty fine, @tinkerbellang83 - 4 weeks go so fast! I had my cousin, a motorcycle riding, 60 year old mechanic with a bit of a tough boy attitude henna my hair a few weeks ago. That was a bit of a painful hoot. I can already see the roots coming in ... might not be able to do it quite yet ... hope he is game to give it a whirl one more time! lol

I don't think I'd trust any of my family or friends with my hair. 😆
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I've learned a lot about ??? accepting a variety of help in the past 2 months. Not working and no insurance has not left a lot of extra money to go professional (and I don't even know where I would go for henna here?) It has been an experience - fun in many ways (I've hired a couple of young lads on my street a few times to vacuum/wash the floors :), heart melting (friends just stopping in to wash dishes/brush hair/change bandages) and very occasionally disappointing (a few times family who just didn't get it). At one point I thought I might have to just lop off the hair because I couldn't handle it with one hand, but thank goodness I didn't have to resort to that... :)

And I am starting to see some light! No time soon...lol...but ahead. If I can only get back to where I was on the weight loss journey.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Laurie so do you graze or do you do meals?

Is the issue that you're on plan all day and then cave in the evening?

That you're high during the day leaving no choice but to go over in the evening?

That you find yourself higher than you want to at some point and then write off the day?

Let's shoot some trouble hamsters 🐹!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Laurie the shoulder and arm take awhile…it took me forever to be able to fasten my bra….lifting a gallon of milk or putting dishes in the cabinet was impossible….but it does get better!….my John washed my hair and helped me so much……our daughter, husband and family live with us and anything I ask them to do gets done but they never seem to see what needs done before I tell them SMH!…I hate depending on anyone to do something for me but sometime you just have to….I hope you get back to where you were on your journey, too…currently mine is full of detours,mudslides and falling rocks!