TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    @richmondwriter thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I appreciate your support so much!!

@HASWLRS glad to see you back. Hope everything goes well with your upcoming medical situations.

Username: thedestar
    Weigh in week: March week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week’s Weight: 170.0
    Today’s Weight: 172.0

Can't say I'm surprised but I am disappointed. Just need to keep on going and try to do better in the future.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

@annabananamc I, too, have been seriously considering a probiotic. I even switched from my Greek yogurt to Activia because of that. What are you taking? Or, seeing as I won't probably be able to get it here, what did you look for in a probiotic, since we are about the same age?

I asked my husband because he does the research. We use one called TruNature that they sell at Costco. They also sell it on Amazon, but you want to find it closer to home so it doesn't get overheated in shipping. You want something between 5 and 25 billion living organisms. Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum and Rhamnosus GG are good organisms to look for. Other mixtures of the lactobacillus are also good. He says these are good for balancing your bacteria. And to do this in conjunction with a prebiotic diet - garlic, salads, onions, bananas, leeks, oats, apples, flax, asparagus, etc. to feed the bacteria. (basically unprocessed foods that aren't high in fat or meat fat)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options

@annabananamc I, too, have been seriously considering a probiotic. I even switched from my Greek yogurt to Activia because of that. What are you taking? Or, seeing as I won't probably be able to get it here, what did you look for in a probiotic, since we are about the same age?

I asked my husband because he does the research. We use one called TruNature that they sell at Costco. They also sell it on Amazon, but you want to find it closer to home so it doesn't get overheated in shipping. You want something between 5 and 25 billion living organisms. Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum and Rhamnosus GG are good organisms to look for. Other mixtures of the lactobacillus are also good. He says these are good for balancing your bacteria. And to do this in conjunction with a prebiotic diet - garlic, salads, onions, bananas, leeks, oats, apples, flax, asparagus, etc. to feed the bacteria. (basically unprocessed foods that aren't high in fat or meat fat)

Thank you for this.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    3/25/21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: no
    Water: 4 cups
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS - You are amazing reading those 19 pages of posts! I am sorry for all of the difficulty you are having with your knee, and the hassle of the other tests. We are very happy your are back!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thank you, Sandra. They really are just a hassle at this point, but I am excited about physio on Wednesday! Time to advance the healing of this knee, instead of the holding pattern it has been in for the last four months!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,497 Member
    Options

@HASWLRS and @annabananamc We take Entero CR, it has 10 billion. My husband swears by it, I haven't noticed any difference. Not in the way I feel or in my daily bodily functions IYKWIM. 💩 This one requires refrigeration. We had an OTC one from Walmart that doesn't but it did a number on my stomach. 🤢 You sort of have to play around with them to find one that works for you.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thank you, Sue. I was wondering about refrigeration versus non-refrigeration. And I guess I will just have to experiment with different ones to see what I like, or what likes me!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    You guys are giving me some interesting info on yogurt! I usually have plain Greek yogurt with berries and my SF sweetener, but I do want to go back to single serve cups for less meal prep... I will give them a look tomorrow at the store.

@HASWLRS i am glad to see you back and am happy to hear about your PT starting! I can imagine your excitement! Hopefully it helps a lot!!!

@richmondwriter I hope everything works out either you and your daughter *hugs*

@thedestar it does seem like a lot of us are having off/on days. We have a really good support group and we will make it through the rough patches!

@erikNJ I know the scale can be a funny thing. Just keep doing the right things-it shows SO MUCH that you were able to focused during a bad week! That's very inspiring to me, as I feel like I've been giving up a lot lately... keep doing the right things, you WILL get there!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    3/25/21
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 9,215
    Water: 80

3/26/21
    Under: yes
    Steps: 13,875

I finally got my treadmill and got it all set up today! There was a delay in shipping, so it came today instead of yesterday. It took almost three hours to get it all together because it was giving me problems... I took a couple trial walks/jogged a small amount to see what it could do. After, I took a 30 minute brisk walk and finally felt like I did something productive!

I also got a new Garmin delivered yesterday because I haven't been feeling fitbit lately. I feel like it gives you SO MUCH more information. I'm still learning how to use it, but I think I am glad I made the switch! There's a lot of interesting features to learn about!

I started our shopping list for tomorrow and am making it a point to write anything we plan to buy down. I've been too terrible with grabbing random snacks and treats, and this is how I plan to remedy it! If it's not on the list, we're not getting it!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Friday March 26, 2021 8:15PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 52 oz
    Steps = 1,309
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    hmmm, I've got a lot of water to drink tomorrow and a little bit of walking to do if I want to meet my weekly goals...
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    3/26/2021
    Exercise: Yes - 60 min Zumba class
    Water: 202.4 oz
    Steps: 11,986
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,497 Member
    Options
    Friday 26 March
    Track: yes

Water: 80 oz
    Steps: 12,077
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEIGH-IN

I am back to my March starting weight. It will be short lived because of Easter dinner tomorrow, but I am okay with that. I skipped Christmas with my family...I am not skipping Easter, too!
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    MUAC for 3/26:
    Exercised: yes - 3.1 miles with the pooch

Weigh-in for 3/27:
    CW: 140
    PW: 139

Not surprised...looking forward to a new week/new beginning!

Things are going better with my daughter - thanks to all for your concern!

@cmhubbard92 - So glad that you got your treadmill---and impressed that you set it up yourself!--and also the Garmin. It really helps to have the right "stuff" and to reward yourself. I bought two long-sleeved, very soft cotton shirts that I mentioned before and have been enjoying them for exercise, and also ordered the yellow jacket.

@mooreshelly09 and @DaffyGirl88 - You are so dedicated and consistant with getting in all those steps and exercise every day (in addition to tracking and staying under)! Keep up the great work.
  • aquitteriamnot
    aquitteriamnot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    aquitteriamnot
    March week 4
    Sat
    PW:311.0
    CW:310.1
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 03/25
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 7359
    Water: 96

Just for today 03/26: WW/keto 6, 5000steps 🚶‍♀️, 20hrs IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm , walk 30 min

Yesterday : 03/25: WW/keto 5👍🏻, 5000steps 🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 20hrs IF👍🏻 , read bible plan 👍🏻, read chapters 📚👎🏻, Daily calm 👎🏻, walk 30 min👍🏻, chiropractor 👍🏻
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 03/26
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 8202
    Water: 96

Just for today 03/27: WW/keto 7, 5000steps 🚶‍♀️, 20hrs IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm , walk 30 min

Yesterday : 03/26: WW/keto 6👍🏻, 5000steps 🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 20hrs IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👍🏻, read chapters 📚👍🏻, Daily calm 👍🏻, walk 30 min👍🏻

Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: 151.6
    Todays Weight: 152.4
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    3/26/2021
    Steps: 4524

lots of yard work today and it is HOT and sunny - my favorite!
This discussion has been closed.