Options
    rfsatar wrote: »
    Wed 10/3

1) Libre Sensor - FBG (mmol/L) 6.2 ➡️
    2) Carb Goal < 100g 🟢 (81g)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) REST DAY ✅
    5) Water - 27oz 💧

hi -wondering if your measured FBG a morning reading ? do you take your readings the same time each day ? or several times a day ?
  • ben_100
    ben_100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    rfsatar wrote: »
    First some news. As some of you may remember - I have had no freelance shifts since lockdown - and save for a couple of writing gigs for a week at a time, no money outside of rental income from lodger coming in.
    Lodger has fixed me up with some part time work where he works - payroll for film and Tv productions. I started yesterday - a year to the day that I had my last freelance shift. The stress has been astronomical over the last few months wondering how I will continue to make ends meet after Govt furlough finishes in Sept, so now at least that might ease the worry. Now I just need to deal with the arthritis!

There is no kitchen to speak of. A smelly microwave that looks unappealing to use, and a kettle so it might be cup-soup or Pot Noodles as it was yesterday, or limited takeaway choices (none healthy) in the vicinity (further limited until lockdown restrictions start to ease). Also not keen on having smelly food at a desk in an open plan area (no breakout area and too damn cold/rainy to eat outside at the moment).

Also need to figure out how I get my workouts in - favouring super early in the morning (and hopefully not annoying lodger (and effectively boss) by waking him early by working out in my home office or in my room above his!). So will try and start next week (AGAIN!) - but also have to work late on my own sports website when I get back from work, take time to talk to Besties and Boyf etc so it is going to take time to get all these ducks in a row.

Anyway - here goes - and to be honest BG was fine this morning so I can live with a spike with carbs lunches. As you know - I do not consider myself to be accountable to anyone but myself and my ONLY focus is a steady BG (managed by exercise and meds) so for now I can cope with a carb lunch if I have a decent breakfast and dinner on the LC front.

HbA1c (mmol/mol): Highest 111 (2017) 118 (2019) Lowest 45 (2017) CURRENT: 48 (2020)
    MARCH 10st 9lb, Ending Weight
    1) Swipey the Libre Sensor - FBG (mmol/L) 5.9 ➡️
    2) Carb Goal <125g 🟠 >150g (129g)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) Planned Resistance/Weights but gale force winds the day before first day at new job meant no sleep from 4am! BUT There is a bit of walking - 15-20 mins to ferry, and from there to office so around 30-40 mins and walk into town and back for lunch probably ❌
    5) Water - 15g 💦 WOEFUL - Taking two bottles of water with me as they don't have a water machine in the office.

looks like the answer to my question in the other post on when you measure FBG is answered here - in the morning..I too get high morning FBG ..
    FYI that kitchen at the new work sounds like the perfect excuse to extend Fasting. can still have green tea as there is a kettle and surprising how that can be effective to hold off hunger pangs.. Int Fasting has worked in my case even with no cardio due to calf tear.. stress sucks and really flattens the impact of insulin,, I am trying CBD oil during the day.. I am definitely more chillllll..good luck with your journey..
  • ben_100
    ben_100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    the CBD (indica based) also will assist with sleep... add a bit more THC to the mix and you have to get comfy as you will not move all night :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    3/16-3/21

1) Keep carbs <50 -3 out of 6 Not great
    2) Workout total 4 hours/week - almost 4 if I count bowling by tonight
    3) Eat more slowly to enjoy my food - this is still going well

SW 173
    CW 175
    GW 167

Not sure what's going on with my weight. I know I should take measurements but I'm apprehensive to be even more disappointed. I may need to take a break and start over.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    3/19-21

Cals ✅❌✅
    Carbs ✅✅✅
    Exercise ✅✅❌

Weighed myself this morning and was up 0.6 pounds from last week. Ugh. Time to get my rear in gear I suppose.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    CW 173- my scale is a big jerk
    Just doing my normal thing today, strength training at lunch and a walk after.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    CW 173- my scale is a big jerk
    Just doing my normal thing today, strength training at lunch and a walk after.

Mine too! Must be going around.

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    3/19-3/21
    Calories on track all days, protein a bit lower 1 of the 3. Carbs trended a bit higher two of the days as I ate mostly salads/vegetables but had some chips laying around that needed to be gotten rid of so they went in my mouth.

I’ve felt extra hungry this weekend but tried to be mindful that I really didn’t need the extra calories. I got a lot of movement in during the break in the weather and painted baseboards yesterday that have needed it. Still gotta focus on the meditation as time permits.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    3/22

Cals ✅
    Carbs✅
    Exercise✅

My scale is still refusing to give up the .6 pound so I guess it’s real. Thinking about cutting my hair😀
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,308 Member
    Options
    3/22 food was on point and we walked 4.64 miles
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/23 Food on point...we walked 3.56 miles
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    HbA1c (mmol/mol): Highest 111 (2017) 118 (2019) Lowest 45 (2017) CURRENT: 48 (2020)

Mon 22/3
    1) Libre Sensor - Break to give arms a rest
    2) Carb Goal < 100g 🟢 (86g)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) C25K (Treadmill) W2S1 ✅
    5) Water - 43oz 💧💦

Tue 23/3
    1) Libre Sensor - Break to give arms a rest
    2) Carb Goal <150g 🟠 (129g)
    3) Calories Goal < 🟢
    4) C25K (Spin Bike) W2S1 ✅
    5) Water - 23oz 💦

Was back in the office for my temp/part-time job and it was MENTAL! I only had half an hour for lunch, and it was so full on.

Also was my birthday on Sunday and given it was my second lockdown birthday, I made myself a cake, on a whim! I have not baked a cake since I was.... a teenager, which was about a million years ago!

Oh and I tried the famous Greggs Vegan sausage roll. I feel my life is now complete! It wasn't bad actually.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    @rfsatar Happy Birthday! 🎂
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    3/22-3/23
    Carbs were a bit high each day due to more vegetables than normal and some nuts for a snack. Calories balanced out for being under one day and over the next. Protein remains a focus to see if I can make my cavern of a stomach feel satisfied because thus far, it is not! AND....I gained a half pound so I guess my choices haven’t been all great although a half pound is nothing to be up in arms about. My weight loss challenge ends this week and I’m only down 5 pounds in 11 weeks but I am gaining some definition from my new exercise routine so I’ll be satisfied with that and congratulate the winners.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    3/23

Cals✅
    Carbs ✅
    Exercise✅

Yesterday was a great day... until after I went to bed. Got up in the wee hours..well, to wee, it was pitch black, I was half conscious and slammed into the corner of the wardrobe HARD. knocked me on the floor, landed weird, bruised all over and have a black eye. The hubs freaked out and wanted to call an ambulance. I’m fine, just kind of tending to my body and ego bruises today, but I broke my step streak and now I have to start over. Damn.
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    3/22-3/23
    Carbs were a bit high each day due to more vegetables than normal and some nuts for a snack. Calories balanced out for being under one day and over the next. Protein remains a focus to see if I can make my cavern of a stomach feel satisfied because thus far, it is not! AND....I gained a half pound so I guess my choices haven’t been all great although a half pound is nothing to be up in arms about. My weight loss challenge ends this week and I’m only down 5 pounds in 11 weeks but I am gaining some definition from my new exercise routine so I’ll be satisfied with that and congratulate the winners.

I have a lot of trouble getting all my protein in too. I actually think carbs from veg are not a bad thing considering the other advantages. What is your routine?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3/24 food on point and we walked 6.12 miles today :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    3/24

Did not track or exercise (too sore) but ate very little with very low carbs. Onward!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Way to go :D