WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686
    Great NSV! I am partial to belt-oriented NSVs for some reason - they were what kept me going as I lost weight. It was odd because I hated belts completely and passionately when I was at my heaviest, but they became a symbol and a delight once I lost weight. I enjoy my belt collection no end now.

I had a good day workout and food-wise - I backed off of the sweet stuff and cranked up the exercise a bit, so that felt good. The house sale went well this morning with 100% electronic documents, signatures, etc. The notary had the routine down and was able to make it really smooth. The young couple buying my daughter's house are adorable, and I think they will enjoy the place no end. I was glad to meet them since my horse will be staying there. It is good to have a reason to stay connected to the place without being responsible for it.

Is it time for Friday heads up reminders already?? How does that happen :#

Here they come:
    @healthygirlintransit
    @SMcFall0215
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs
    @lorib642
    @gak71

There are a few outstanding weigh-ins from Monday - Thursday. Two are new folks who have not yet appeared. Everyone, please feel free to send out a friend request! I know it can seem like we all know each other and it is hard to become part of the team, but a personal invitation can help a lot. Being a bit late is not a problem. I hope we'll see them soon!
    @MzBossy
    @MandiSaysHey
    @louise7577
    @oshrat117

As always, please don't hesitate to ask if you need a change of day, a week off, or if anything is not clear. Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    @jugar interesting you say that about the belt.. I don't wear belts at my current weight and there might be something to that... perhaps I will have to think about getting one and enjoying the notches going down.

Went out to eat at a restaurant for the first time in a long while. It's always a bit stressful trying to guess what the calorie content of a meal at an independent place is... I logged as best I could and am certain it's fine but losing that element of control is hard.. I know I need to figure that out to make this work when "life" happens but I'm just noticing the discomfort for now.

Happy long weekend to those of us lucky enough to have one :smile:
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I biked today 11km in 70 minutes, but I don't have fitbit and my mobile google fit does not work properly, so where can I find the guideline of exercise to step conversion for the step challenge?
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Hilarious! That made me laugh!

My NSV today. An old belt I have- I can do it up 2 holes smaller than when I last tried it on a few weeks ago (I was on the last hole :/ so I had given up on it).

@Pearl4686 What a great achievement! :) 2 holes smaller is a considerable size improvement 👏👏👏
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I biked today 11km in 70 minutes, but I don't have fitbit and my mobile google fit does not work properly, so where can I find the guideline of exercise to step conversion for the step challenge?

Here is the step conversion chart:
    https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    PW: 255.0
    CW: 249.4

This is my largest weekly drop over the last three months. The only thing that changed was that I bought a 46 ounce Yeti water bottle that I carry everywhere. I’ve never been a good water drinker so it’s interesting to see that staying hydrated seemed to help this week.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    PW: 255.0
    CW: 249.4

This is my largest weekly drop over the last three months. The only thing that changed was that I bought a 46 ounce Yeti water bottle that I carry everywhere. I’ve never been a good water drinker so it’s interesting to see that staying hydrated seemed to help this week.

Wow! Super impressive!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    Fridays
    PW-159.6
    CW-160.0
    🤦🏻‍♀️🤬 I know it’s not a big gain but it does not make me happy.. I knew I had a bad week and I need to get it under control ASAP!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    Morning all... going on my 11.5 km walk I mapped out last weekend with a friend this morning... looking forward to getting out there! Have a great day everyone.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I’m back from my trip to Gatlinburg. It was wonderfully fun and much needed. I enjoyed myself and did the best I could but really enjoying food and family was top priority. I didn’t log my food. So hopefully not too bad for weigh in tomorrow. So here are my steps that I didn’t log. Last Saturday 5,020. Sunday 10,548. Monday 10158. Tuesday 11,725. Wednesday 6,247. Thursday 10,024. Friday 12,102.
  • jugar
    Options
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I’m back from my trip to Gatlinburg. It was wonderfully fun and much needed. I enjoyed myself and did the best I could but really enjoying food and family was top priority. I didn’t log my food. So hopefully not too bad for weigh in tomorrow. So here are my steps that I didn’t log. Last Saturday 5,020. Sunday 10,548. Monday 10158. Tuesday 11,725. Wednesday 6,247. Thursday 10,024. Friday 12,102.

Good for you! Enjoyment, and still stepping like a pro. I am happy to see you let loose and have a great family time - your discipline is so amazing! I think a small break is a great thing.
  • jugar
    Options
    Here we are all ready to wrap up the first week of this 5 week month. It has been a great green week - do not get too comfy or decide to reap the "rewards" !! Let's keep it going. The most important prize we give is the one for consistency. Even if there are free days, occasional blips, or whatever - it is possible to hope right back on and feel great again.

Still due up through today:
    @MzBossy
    @MandiSaysHey
    @louise7577
    @oshrat117
    @eggfreak
    @healthygirlintransit
    @ellz_runs

Due Saturday:
    @Micki48
    @sunny9847
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Mandylimbu

Please be sure that all these weigh-ins are posted before the end of your day Saturday, wherever you live. I do the tallies first thing Sunday morning, and you will be listed as NWI (no weigh-in) if you miss the deadline! Late weigh-ins can be taken, for sure (and all is forgiven!!!), but they do not count in the tally. It is fun to see how we are doing compared with the other teams, so please get all those lovely numbers in. Thanks!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Yesterday, I got in my workout and did a short walk. My 5 year old wanted to come with me and he wouldn't have been able to do 3 miles. Fitbit friends- have you ever had your stepper not work??? I know the stroller when give you less steps, but I got 123 for half a mile!!! 🤷‍♀️

My eating wasn't great. I came under calories but too many carbs, not enough protein. The scale is down, so maybe my body needed the extra carbs? I prelogged today and tomorrow so I am all set. I won't have time to meal prep tomorrow so I am going to get a rotisserie chicken and stick with salads.

Have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.