WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Back into ketosis today, took a few days. Had a relaxing day. It. Is spring break. My daughter lives here, college is virtual and son is visiting. It is warm out, waiting for it to cool down before walking the dog
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,194 Member
    Options
    OK Folks! I have to remind you that I am
    q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg
    so that I can get busy reminding you about your weigh-ins! I love those numbers...

Overdue:
    @MzBossy
    @MandiSaysHey
    @louise7577
    @EvMakesChanges
    @oshrat117

Coming up Thursday:
    @conleywoods
    @kalaki6145
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    "Rabbit, Rabbit", as Nana used to say. It's said in the beginning of the month in order to bring good luck, according to her.
    @jugar my new scale has more accuracy than the last and is a real SOB! 192.4 (wtf??). I'm not amused. However, this scale also measures body water and body fat (for BMI) so, we'll see how that all balances out.
    Introduction for this month: I'm a 63-year-old unemployed massage therapist who lives in Vermont with my spouse, 3 cats, and adult daughter (she moved in last March when she fled Boston's rising flood of COVID-19).
    I have a skewed perception of my body which has propelled my yo-yo experience with weight loss over the years. I'm sure the cultural norms of a wasp-ish town in Massachusetts contributed to my Puritanical self-talk, but I digress.
    I can relate with everyone's journeys of self-acceptance in the world of weight loss. It's an ongoing challenge!
    I've been working on intermittent fasting and hope the scale will begin to reflect that pretty soon. It's discouraging to have it bounce up and down. I'm getting more walking in (it's still been snowy, blustery, and mostly cold here - just like in Canada). I just got the RBG workout book and plan to get a workout area set up in the next couple of weeks before my OH goes to Wyoming for a 4-month cooking job (working for Vail Resorts). My daughter and I will have a chance to re-set our food requirements, beginning with a regimen for those with IBS. It's a modified ellimination/challenge diet to find out which foods are the biggest culprits when it comes to digestion. From my past experiments, I suspect I know which foods are likely no-nos but, we'll find out for sure. I know the scale will cooperate then!
    In the mean time, I'm also getting back into the work I love best (massage), which is very helpful for my emotional state.
    OK. So, my April plan is to log my meals, breathe and stretch with @YinxFed, and keep well hydrated. I'll also try to check in every day. Now that my "laptop" has turned itself into a "desk model", it means I'll need to be at my desk whenever I check in. Oh well. It's better than buying a new battery for this aging refurbished MacBook Pro (pre-2009). Some day.
    My first Covid vaccine will be on Saturday. Now that I've helped my 2 daughters through theirs, I know what to expect and plan to be well hydrated and fed with lots of naps while feeling blah for 1.5-2 days. I'll keep you posted!
    Stay well and safe, y'all.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 153.5
    CW 151

So the weeks I'm in the office - I'm much more in control. Next week I'll be at home...need to put into action some of the strategies I've gleaned from here.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,194 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! I saw a great April Fool's post this morning, from one of my favourite fitness sites. They are selling a brand new book on Intermittent Breakfasting! It gave me a good laugh while eating breakfast.
    https://intermittentbreakfasting.com/?__s=h7bdbzcjd7eyip5ihvpi&utm_source=drip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=21/04/01+-+Intermittent+Breakfasting+(April+Fools)&utm_content=Intermittent+Breakfasting

@EvMakesChanges
    I have updated your starting weight so that you already had that new scale last week, right? That way you don't have any terrible red number to start the month, just a "correction". No joke!

@gak71
    Good for you! I always have rather low blood pressure, so I know that weird lightheaded feeling well! Glad you can cut your BP meds - you'll soon be cruising on unmedicated blood flow. WTG!

I get to sit through a virtual meeting this morning to close on the sale of my daughter's house here in Québec. She moved to Alberta 2 years ago and finally decided to part with her wonderful house here. The horse I ride still lives there, even though I have not been able to ride for the past year due to my stupid butt injury, and he will stay there with the new people who love him dearly. I will be able to start riding again very soon! I'm excited. I will also be happy not to have my name on that property any more - I had to sign on when she ended up as sole owner after the useless boyfriend got the boot. Her life is much smoother now! I'm glad the horse can stay though. He is happy there. Back later!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ☺ I have had a busy few days filled with extra errands and a covid vaccine for my husband. Luckily my husband is just tired and not dealing with days of fever like I did. Phew! It's conference week at work and today is my last day before spring break. I have had a few conferences that have weighed heavy on my heart. 💔 Who takes their kid to day care 7 days a week while they are just at home most of the week??? Come on people! We are having a few vaccinated family members over for Easter and my kids are getting so excited! I also arranged a special visit to my friends daughter's house for my kids to meet baby goats 🐐 💕! Something to look forward to for sure.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get to the boards thos morning to make my daily post, but yesterday was good and I read before bed. This morning I did 30 minutes of aerobics. Think I will do 15 min of yoga after work and dinner...

Have a great day !
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    In happier news, a CD I pre-ordered showed up and its amazing.

The album is called Starship Velociraptor and so far my favorite song on it is about fighting the sun with an Army of Tigers so that really tells you everything you need to know about how amazing this is. I really needed this in my life today.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. Running errands today.
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I hope you all be fine and everything goes well with your weight loss journey. I am back here again, while it felt good that I took a break and didn't think about diet for a while, unfortunately and naturally I gained weight. But now I feel refreshed and at least I'm motivated again to log my food.

@jugar
    Username mbakhtiaruz
    Weigh In Day: sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): ?
    CW (Current Weight): 62.7kg

I would also like to join for step challenge for this month if yet it is possible to join
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Thursday! I saw a great April Fool's post this morning, from one of my favourite fitness sites. They are selling a brand new book on Intermittent Breakfasting! It gave me a good laugh while eating breakfast.
    https://intermittentbreakfasting.com/?__s=h7bdbzcjd7eyip5ihvpi&utm_source=drip&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=21/04/01+-+Intermittent+Breakfasting+(April+Fools)&utm_content=Intermittent+Breakfasting
    :D:D haha this is so funny :D

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,166 Member
    Options
    That's awesome @Pearl4686 .. such a great feeling to have things fit again!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Greetings friends!

Well it's now the start of our Easter weekend in the UK. The Bank Holiday on Friday (Good Friday) and Easter Monday produces a convenient long weekend. Such a shame that the weather is set to get a bit chillier.

Today was good - yoga and circuits done this morning and everything has been logged.

I need to think up a fun mini project for this weekend to make Easter memorable.
This discussion has been closed.