WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So much DIY and yard work today. I'm so exhausted, I don't even know how we had the energy to cook supper. I managed to stay on plan all day and the calories I burned were astronomical. My Garmin has a goal of 150 intensity minutes per week, and today I did 280 intensity minutes in just one day. I don't expect to be awake much longer, and it's only 8pm! What a hip Saturday night! Lol. definitely the opposite from our dance party a couple of weeks ago.

Hope everyone else had a great day.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    Well just finished golf... it was a fun spring outing with friends. We took a power cart so I didn't burn as much as I would have if we walked, but I still moved in ways I haven't for a year!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Cw 162.6
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steps 12393.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    So much DIY and yard work today. I'm so exhausted, I don't even know how we had the energy to cook supper. I managed to stay on plan all day and the calories I burned were astronomical. My Garmin has a goal of 150 intensity minutes per week, and today I did 280 intensity minutes in just one day. I don't expect to be awake much longer, and it's only 8pm! What a hip Saturday night! Lol. definitely the opposite from our dance party a couple of weeks ago.

Hope everyone else had a great day.
    I think I can hear you snoring from here :wink: Sounds like a great day!
    Well just finished golf... it was a fun spring outing with friends. We took a power cart so I didn't burn as much as I would have if we walked, but I still moved in ways I haven't for a year!
    Don't you love those new season things where your muscles say "huh? seriously?" . I am looking forward to the pain that will surely follow my first few sessions on horseback after this long year of not being able to ride. Soon!! I'm glad you had your golf day even if you did not walk all the way with your bag on your back. WTG!

It is time for the Saturday night nag sesh! Let's make sure that all the numbers are in tonight! Remaining weigh-ins due for week 3:

@mbakhtiaruz
    @smaidiigaa
    @healthygirlintransit
    @Steph1498

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Sunday? Already?? grrrrr.... I have too much to do this weekend for it to be Sunday. I made good choices yesterday (carrots!) when about to stress eat but went off plan when I arrived home after a garden job to pizza already cooking in the oven. Fortunately all my good choices during the day made that pizza not 'cost' me as much overage as it could have. Finally got some tomato and other veg seeds started last night - I'm a little late but...they're in (not the garden,yet)
    I shouldn't complain about this Sunday really, we in Massachusetts have 'Patriots Day' holiday tomorrow - the day the Boston Marathon would normally be held but that's not happening again this year.
    Have a great day!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in

PW - 187.5
    CW - 188.4
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    PW: 155.5
    CW: 159.0

Sorry I’m late to check in. Traveling for 28 hours to get home. I’m not sure how legit my weight this week is without a routine and with eating regularly and way too much salt.
    I hope to get back to normal soon!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

7h72r8gjpa6l.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    pa6waob46mjf.jpg

Getting fit & healthy is more than weight loss. We have to take care of every part of ourselves so that we can thrive!!
    Join this challenge today and do something good for you! :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10830662/april-week-four-self-care-challenge#latest
  • YinxFed
    Options
    Stats for my steps and exercise this past week:

11th April - 14071
    12th April - 4021 / 13 mins Yoga / 35 mins Aerobics Circuit
    13th April - 4161 / 18 mins Yoga / 30 mins Aerobics General
    14th April - 1681
    15th April - 7447 / 33 mins Dumbbell Circuit
    16th April - 2748 / 53 mins Dumbell & Bodyweight Lower Body workout
    17th April - 20183
  • jugar
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    PW: 155.5
    CW: 159.0

Sorry I’m late to check in. Traveling for 28 hours to get home. I’m not sure how legit my weight this week is without a routine and with eating regularly and way too much salt.
    I hope to get back to normal soon!

Travelling for 28 hours sounds like a legit reason for a week excused from weighing in! I'll put this in as a late weigh-in anyhow, and I hope you are now sound asleep :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Big congrats to our top 3 losers this week -
    @eggfreak
    @ashleycarole86
    @graceojo999

You led us in a good week - we hit 3rd place of the 6 teams, and made a good contribution to the almost 100 pounds lost by the F2F members. Steadily, progress is happening.

Because this is a 5-week month, we have this week and next to finish April with positive results for as many of us as possible. If you look at the full month results, we have a lot of green in there! And the amounts in red are small. A modest goal of 1 more pound per person in these 2 weeks will bring us to a total loss for the month of April of 78 pounds. I think it is doable! Polish up your commitment and let's give it a try.

Yesterday I was thinking a lot about the power of saying NO. We all have to learn to say no at work and with friends and families - otherwise it is easy to get overwhelmed and to promise too much. We tell our kids no and help them learn when to stop doing things that are harmful or just plain dumb. We say no to ourselves, but sometimes that is broken when it comes to food. Food is so mixed with our emotions and our needs that it is often difficult to stop or to refuse ourselves something we want. But there is also a lot of power in the good No. That cookie (or next slice of pizza, or handful of chips...) will do nothing for you but satisfy your craving for a couple of minutes, but when you say No and take the trouble to choose a healthier alternative or just drink a glass of water, you feel better than if you had eaten the thing.

I have to say No a lot when shopping. If it gets to the house, the no is a lot harder to operate. Some days I'm pretty good at saying no to stuff that is on hand, and that feels powerful. Even if I just say no to one thing and then later cannot say no to something else, it is still better than diving into both things.

All that to ask - how do you help yourself say no? How do you celebrate the strength and triumph when you do say no? All strategies and ideas are welcome!
    uge12lux032x.png
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks for the positive motivation to finish this month strong!

So far, I haven't had to worry much about the external no, because I haven't been around a lot of my usual social triggers. I will for sure have to deal with this adjustment when it's time. I'm a people pleaser which means saying no to others is often really hard for me, but in this case I have to remember to say no to others so I can say yes to myself.

I cannot live for others anymore, and my core group of those who matter to me support me, so I need to remember the difficulty of saying no is worth the results.
  • YinxFed
    Options
    I will be practicing my use of the power of NO this week. I think that I will start by trying to achieve the Perfect Day. Daily meditation should help. I'll let you know how I get on during the week.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 9,324
    Mon 14,953
    Tues 12,707
    Wed 14,141
    Thurs 13,859
    Barre 30 min
    Fri 12,780
    Sat 9,294
    30 min lifting
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    PW 156
    CW 156
    Steady & holding... 🤨
  • healthygirlintransit
    healthygirlintransit Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    CW 219
    Apologies group for some reason I couldn't log in kept telling me something about a server request. I cant seem to get away from 219/218 on the scale even thought I've lost inches. I have incorporated strength training. Any suggestions on how to get the scale moving again? Should I change my calorie intake?
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Daily Steps:
    Sun 5,661
    Mon 8,876
    Tue 12,259
    Wed 10,312
    Thu 9,591
    Fri 9,196
    Sat 11,130

Total 67,025
    Daily Average 9,575
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar Can I get a raincheck this week? The battery on my scale died and I didn't feel like braving the snowstorm for more.
This discussion has been closed.