WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    That post brings up a question I have since I'm new here... speaking of diet breaks - can we still participate in future monthly challenges if we intend to take one? In late May I am hoping to do a 14 day diet break (eat at maintenance).. the other two weeks I'd be actively trying to lose (and then right away after again).
    Can I still weigh in and participate despite knowing those weeks will likely be flat?

A two week break is a great idea. Our bodies always appreciate a moment to get used to where you have gotten to in your weight loss, and then moving on from there is often much easier.

You have two ways to do this - both keep you in the team and you can post all the way through! If you stay in the regular team, you can either just weigh in even if you do not lose at all, or you can ask for a couple of excused weigh-ins if you want to stay away from the scale. If you want to take the whole month off, you can be on the "support team" (aka cheer squad) and post along with everyone, but your weigh-ins will not count in the weekly tallies. I do not have any problem with you staying on the regular team even if you do not lose for a couple of weeks - that happens to people all the time. So just let me know which way you'd like to do this once we are getting ready for May. Thanks!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 13436
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Started my day with a short Pilates session. 11 min. Then grabbed breakfast and we had a “field trip”. Went to a beautiful tulip farm nearby. Not the Netherlands, but pretty nice for North Carolina.

Logged all my food. Slightly over calories, but my Fitbit tracker is not registering on MFP. Just a little shy with my 9k step goal but will be over with my little workout.

Here are photos from today. yi3dxdncplwz.jpeg
    4ofyk4c60h5n.jpeg
    pf5wdna04spg.jpeg

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar there's no stallion policy as such, but they're uncommonly owned by individuals (rather than studs). It would be a challenge to find livery for a stallion as many yards won't accept them, then said stallion could well be kept in isolation. I think there's a lot of fear in terms of handling stallions and they have a bad rep - which I suspect is not deserved in 99% of cases! - so most colts are gelded as early as possible. I personally would always choose a gelding (unless I had my own land) because it would be easier to ensure quality of life.

That said, I like the idea of allowing a colt to mature before gelding. I often wonder the impact of gelding as young as we do. It's unusual to consider gelding an older horse unless necessary for health reasons though - gelded late in the UK typically means somewhere between 5 and 10!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Thanks for sharing your day! Love the tulips and the pink boots ! What a colorful beautiful day. 😁
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @Steph1498 hold onto that amazing feeling! That's the stuff that gets you through the inevitable temptations that will come your way in the future. Way to go!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12733.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey wow wow wow wow WOW! So inspiring
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @planemokey 🙌 You look amazing! Your hard working has definitely paid off. I am inspired!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey AMAZING! You look wonderful. Great work 👏
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    Fridays
    Pw-160
    Cw 160
This discussion has been closed.