WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    More animals! The pond frogs came up on Sunday and are now (ahem) frolicking all over the place, the groundhogs are out, new fauns are appearing, raccoons are raising the compost and rooting around under the bird feeder - pardon my excitement, but spring is here!

I just tried out some very minimalist shoes I got from a crowd funded project. They feel like socks but I walked on rocks, gravel, roots, wet stuff and all kinds of surfaces. I just wanted to run and dance around - happy feet, great balance. 👍

Oh, how I envy your ability to wear minimalist shoes! My arches fell years ago and if I don't have solid & cushioned support, I have so many other issues come up, including plantar fasciitis. Not fun. However, I deeply appreciate having happy feet and dancing around with great balance! Mine is still pretty good. It's bound to improve now that I'm making time to stretch and temper my muscles. Pretty soon, my "flab-dominals" will remember how nice it can be to shed some of those "shy" layers of protection painted on so many years ago!

Sarah was heading out for a walk a couple of days ago (while I had my post-vaccine-fever/nap) and almost walked into a skunk at the edge of the neighbors' yard. That's always *so* exciting!
    I actually enjoy the buggers and will try to post a link to a very humorus encounter a bicyclist had with several skunks. You may have already seen it. Have the volume up - the skunks talk in such cute voices. Do you remember "Tippy" the skunk we met on the family camping trip? She was sweet.
    Hmmm...haven't been able to attach it here. I guess you'll have to go onto YouTube and type in skunks visiting a bicyclist or something. Have fun!
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 12721
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    What a lovely Wednesday - there are some great breakthroughs and insights here today. Partners - pro and con. Having them on board is wonderful. Counting on them when they are not really on board is frustrating. Giving up on them is liberating! All the flavours can work - as long as you are not afraid to make the solution work. Being someone else's food police is a nightmare, but having a partnership is wonderful. Counting on someone else to police you is a big mistake, though!

It is also great to read about the "shy" factor in our extra layers. The shyness is still there even when the layers are gone - I guess we don't have to worry about needing the padding for that purpose! But it is certainly interesting as a tool to hide when we feel that is needed. Add that to the comfort factor of eating, and it is certainly difficult to shift perspective. All those positive thoughts about feeling strong sure help, but getting there is a big step. Bravo to everyone for taking that step, even if it is so far only lifting the foot and getting ready to really take it.

It is time for the tomorrow factor! Thursday weigh-ins:
    @conleywoods
    @kalaki6145
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak

Some overdue weigh-ins:
    @MzBossy
    @MandiSaysHey
    @smaidiigaa

Keep well, everyone!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    PW - 232.8 lbs
    CW - 230.1 lbs

Another week of lockdown, another week of all gyms and shops being closed and another week of sitting 5 feet away from the fridge all the day. Cant wait for this to be over. On the positive side, I am getting hiking shoes as I can see myself getting into this hobby. I am also going to have a cheat day every 15 days from now on. Should help me keep it together till the city opens up and I have more things to distract myself with.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Well the scale yesterday wasn't a lie after all. It was even lower this morning. Guess that dance party on Saturday really did the trick!

Planemonkey - Wednesday Weigh-in
    PW: 198.0
    CW: 195.6
    LTD: 48.4Lbs

I got out of bed later than I intended and wasted some time taking progress photos so I didn't finish all of my workout this morning. It's less than a 20 minute workout, I should really make the time, but I was inspired by @Beka3695's comparison photo post and I've been digging for old photos and wanted to add new ones. I found an incredibly UNFLATTERING one on my husband's phone.... he was taking a photo of the landscaping we had been working on and I was in the middle of it, but didn't know the photo was being taken. I've never seen such a horrible angle of myself! wow. If that's not motivating and rewarding to know that isn't me anymore, I don't know what is!

Congrats! this calls for another dance party. Maybe it could turn into a virtuous cycle :)
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    CW 155.5
    I can't even remember the PW - I know this is a major jump up the scale again though.
    This time last year I was obsessively prelogging my meals for the next day as I lay in bed at night (then could tweak as needed during the day) and I was weighing everything. I must try to return to that state of mind.
    To that end, I am working from home today, but with a carer coming for four hours, I've packed my lunch and will head upstairs to knuckle down and will stick with my packed lunch...as if I were at the office.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 155.5
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    PW 266.2
    CW 264.4
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar What a nice time you had with your horse! What is his name and how old is he? I miss having horses but don't miss all the care and expense.

Don't forget the heartache and worry! It's coming up to 4 years since I said goodbye to my boy, and I still have mixed feelings about getting back into it. @jugar was right about the peacefulness, and I often miss being around horses.

He's a beautiful boy @jugar. I assume at his age, you won't have him gelded when he retires? I don't think other countries are as fussy about keeping stallions as we are here in the UK where it's really not the done thing unless they're retained at stud.
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late with my weigh-in! No change this week, ate wayyy too much fast food this past weekend I think ;(
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Some great losses this week, congrats to all!

We have been off work but I think work might've been more restful. The spare room is finished (needs a wardrobe and some photos, plus Mom's shortening the curtains for me), the cloakroom is finished, the bathroom is WIP ready to start painting tomorrow. The front lawn is gone, we need to rake it over. We've bought some lavender, heathers and grasses to go in there, then we're trying to decide what to top it with. The couple staining our fence are making great progress. The skip is comfortably high now, with room for the last few bits. I've also gotten rid of a fair chunk via FB, and there's a perfectly timed charity collection on Monday. The conservatory and garage are mostly decluttered, a little way to go and a lot of cleaning/organising to come in the garage. The attic has been decluttered - I don't understand why they kept old toilet seats up there at all. We aren't going to get everything done before the end of the weekend and we're getting to the point of needing a proper day off, but so much progress has been made it's been fantastic.

It's OH's birthday tomorrow and we're having TGI Fridays takeaway for tea. I believe there's 1090 calories in a chicken strips appetiser alone - and for takeaway it comes as a 'meal' so it's a bigger portion plus fries. They used to do JD chicken which I would have with double veg so that was 750 calories for the plate, but they stopped it probably 2 years ago now. Just looking at the menu... seems I can order the starter-size and fries so that's about 1400 calories total. I've done well to have not exceeded my calorie goal all year and I think this highlights that sometimes my options are going to be limited as restrictions are lifted and we can go places again. I may well take a day off, or I may go the starter and side route.

Originally I planned to take a diet break this week but I wasn't craving one so I didn't factor it in. Might have been a mistake. Whilst I've not gone over my calorie goal, I think I've eaten my exercise calories every day, and I don't know how much of it is being off work (I tend to go off the rails a bit when I'm on holiday) vs having so much yummy stuff in the house vs maybe I reduced my calories too low at this point in time. We've been so busy that I've not had much time to snack but when I have had a snack the portion sizes have been inflated (or doubled, in some cases) and I've been dodging my '1 a day' rule left, right and centre. I've been moving a lot but not been doing the 30 minutes a day exercise and struggling to keep my water intake up. I feel like I need to hit a reset button, so from Monday, I'll give it 110% again. In the mean time I'm making sure to stay under my calorie goal, will deliberately get my 30 mins exercise a day (sprints today, run tomorrow), and staying hydrated.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    That post brings up a question I have since I'm new here... speaking of diet breaks - can we still participate in future monthly challenges if we intend to take one? In late May I am hoping to do a 14 day diet break (eat at maintenance).. the other two weeks I'd be actively trying to lose (and then right away after again).
    Can I still weigh in and participate despite knowing those weeks will likely be flat?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Friday people! You are up tomorrow ----

@healthygirlintransit
    @SMcFall0215
    @Steph1498
    @ellz_runs
    @lorib642
    @gak71

may lightness enter your day!
This discussion has been closed.