WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic progress @PlaneMonkey!

I opted for the starter and side from TGIs last night, went for a run/kept calories low during the day and managed to fit everything in comfortably. Had a 100g loss on the scales this morning so pleased with that. What I did notice was how salty the food was. I still feel very thirsty now.

Had a blissful lie in this morning - the first all week - and haven't done anything productive yet today, preferring to snuggle with the cats on the sofa! I told OH I'd run with him today and show him a new route, otherwise we'll just be pottering about and I fancy a trip to the garden centre. We're not going to clear the to do list this weekend, so will focus on having the house clean and tidy, then we can keep chipping away at it around work.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    @sunny9847
    You are now the officially smallest person on the team! I fluctuate around 114 - 116 but right now you are "losing"! Congratulations! Soon you will join me on maintenance :smiley:

Another lovely day with the frogs clacking away like crazy. They only make that noise for a few days when they first come up, so we are enjoying the concert. I have to get out and walk, run, bike or something a bit more intense than lunging my horse where he does most of the work - my muscles are complaining at the neglect. I will try to make them happy today.

Enjoy your day - lazy, busy, or whatever kind is in store.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Got my nails done with my Mom today.. I notice I enjoy these little self care things better when I'm looking after my body. Snuck in my walk before the bad weather is set to come in as well.. no excuses!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    How often do you get on the scale? I may get on too often. Has anyone found weighing less often actually helped to lose weight or stay on track better?
  • jugar
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    How often do you get on the scale? I may get on too often. Has anyone found weighing less often actually helped to lose weight or stay on track better?

This is always an interesting question. I find it best to weigh often, but to take the fluctuations as normal (after seeing so many of them!) and being very serious about getting back to stricter tracking and limits if weight starts to creep up for more than a few days. I know other people who find it better to stick to weekly weigh-ins. Less than that can be a bit difficult, but who knows? Great question! My "tell" that I am not eating reasonably and am afraid to know the worst is that I do not weigh myself for several days in a row. That tells me as much as the actual number will once I get on there...
  • jugar
    Options
    Last call!

Week 2 will end in less than 12 hours, so please be sure to get the remaining Saturday weights in -
    @Micki48
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Mandylimbu

Late weigh-ins and those who are at risk of being dropped -
    @MzBossy
    @MandiSaysHey
    @smaidiigaa
    @louise7577
    @oshrat117
    @healthygirlintransit

Don't worry if you get dropped - all you need to do is ask, and you're right back on! I know that life gets in the way sometimes...
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    @gak71 I personally weigh once a week, but I still have almost 100 pounds left to lose. I imagine once I get closer to goal or definitely when I get to maintenance, I will weigh more frequently. I know my husband is doing the free trial of Noom right now and he is weighing daily... to me it just depends what motivates you. I personally really like the anticipation of the weekly weigh-in, but know that this will likely change as I get deeper into my journey.
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Saturday!
    @sunny9847
    You are now the officially smallest person on the team! I fluctuate around 114 - 116 but right now you are "losing"! Congratulations! Soon you will join me on maintenance :smiley:

Thank you that makes me feel good. I am only 4’ 10”. So normal weight should be between 98 and 115. So I am happy not to be overweight for the first time in a few years. My goal is to be in the middle of normal around 108. That is where I have felt my best. Also trying to get my cholesterol levels down to normal! But happy dance today!

Also met all goals today. Steps 12877
  • jugar
    Options
    Cw 165.... i have no clue whats going on, but I will win !!! Lol

Things just get weird sometimes :grimace: - you'll pull through for sure!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Yikes I forgot

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Steps for the week are
    hlyiqneechpq.jpg
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steps for the week:
    Sun 8,998
    Mon 9,016
    Tue 9,346
    Wed 10,454
    Thu 10,099
    Fri 11,213
    Sat 13,680

Total 72,806
    Daily Average 10,401
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 10,866
    30 min lifting
    Mon 16,033
    30 in lifting
    Tues 13,087
    Wed 10,425
    Thurs 7,231
    Fri 10,242
    Sat 10,972

This week was rough. We had a stomach bug rip through our house. Yesterday was my 40th birthday. I wasn't feeling great so it was pretty low key. My husband did get me breakfast, dinner, and a cake.💕 I have definitely had a lot of carbs this week and not enough protein.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

kvyogsaiqx27.png
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @KellyBgetsfit! Sucks for the stomach bug. 😔 Hard way to spend a milestone birthday. It can only get better from here!
  • micki48
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »

I usually only get on the scale on weigh in day. Sometimes I may check a couple days prior just to see where I am. When I first started this journey, I weighed EVERY day just to keep me on track. Like @jugar said, you will see normal fluctuations in your weight. I found that for some reason Tuesdays were always my heaviest day. I imagine it could be a weekend catch up. I am always much more strict/disciplined at first which explains perfect logging, checking daily weight, staying under calories. After 2 1/2 years on the team, I am much more (a little too) relaxed. Once a week suits me fairly well most weeks. Find what works for you. If you want to get on and it helps you stay on track, do it. If you obsess about the scale, don't make that a huge part of your journey.
  • micki48
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Wow!!! I love your progress photos. You have done an amazing job!! You should be so proud of yourself. You look fabulous. Well, done. <3:)

@KellyBgetsfit HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY!!!! Sorry you weren't feeling great, but you can celebrate all month.

This week was kind of a blah week. I didn't get my exercise like I wanted (I did do three days of short pilates - 11-13minutes each). My food was meh. Way too many mini donuts early in the week and one take out dinner that was nice, but doesn't feel good afterwards. My body has gotten use to. my OWN cooking. I don't think I hit my 9k goal one day this week. @gak71 You had. me beat by Friday this week.

This coming week is going to be busy. Dr. appts., workers on house, and a trip with my whole family to my son's house at the beach Friday - Monday. But, I need to reign myself in. Drink plenty of water, take walks and get those 9k steps. Friends on fitbit, look for a challenge invite. Let me know if you don't get it. If you are new and have a fitbit, let me know your email and I'll add you.

Don't forget to get those steps in. Looking for Friday and Saturday for @Steph1498, @YinxFed (whole week) and @mbakhtiaruz (Mon-Sat).

Make your day great!!
This discussion has been closed.