WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    PW 149.4
    CW 148.6

@micki48 I am just curious, what makes this a challenging time for you to lose? I actually do best in the spring and fall. I struggle in the summer because I am off from work and snack more, move less. My plan is for 7am walks this summer, before it gets hot. I also need to consistently log in the summer. That has been a struggle for me in the past.

I'm also curious! Like @KellyBgetsfit, summer is the worst for me cause I'm in vacation mode (read day-drinking Sangria) every day! What is it about Spring, @micki48?

@Gidgitgoescrazy good job on the morning workout dedication. I'm also cool with eating the same thing daily but others in the household are not... Eating the same thing makes shopping a breeze and calorie counting simple, I'm setting up 'go-to' meals with set portions and will work them into a rotation so I get consistency and he gets variety. Besides, anything 'Taco' is magic!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I've also had a habit of also inhaling my food when it's put in front of me. Had a lot of struggles with this in the past as it surely meant eating too much. I notice I've somewhat slowed down now, but not every time. I will be working on this as well.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I bought some wireless ear buds yesterday that will help me stay on my feet more. My old pair were constantly snagging the wires on things around the house so the new ones will let me keep moving while listening to conference calls and taking phone calls.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed those are SO fun!!

@gak71 I'm getting new wireless headphones soon, I can't wait! The ones I have now only work for an hour before the battery dies
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey
    As for the rest of the house, I buy my husband Freshly, so he picks his meals weekly, and I eat mine. It has been working well, especially since he gets home 2 hours before me... Now if I could just get weekends under control.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey
    As for the rest of the house, I buy my husband Freshly, so he picks his meals weekly, and I eat mine. It has been working well, especially since he gets home 2 hours before me... Now if I could just get weekends under control.

We’ve been buying meals from Factor and it has helped a lot! I know they are at the house so when plans go sideways I don’t have to stop for fast food, there’s a meal waiting at home that’s ready in 2 1/2 minutes.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    What a Wednesday!
    I got my first vaccination today, so I'm feeling good about that - and then had another amazing session with my horse. He loves a mental challenge so I try to do something new each day. It is fun watching him get fitter as well - just like all of you! I worked my muscles hard before going for my shot - digging up garden beds, using my new electric rototiller, helping the taller half lift heavy barrels onto the trailer. I figured to get all that done before my arm gets sore! Tonight is exercise bike. I did have ice cream today, so pedalling is in order.

@YinxFed
    I love those leggings! When there are not enough exotic birds in our environment, we have to do what we can, right?

@gak71
    I don't know what I would do without wireless earbuds. There are some great ones on the market. The battery lasts for a long time, they don't fall out or mind sweaty exercise, and they block outside sound - great for listening to audio books or music even while vacuuming or using loud machinery. Good move!

A few more weigh-ins due for today - I'll hope to catch them before my last post of the day :heart:
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Met all goals today. Steps 13554
  • jugar
    Options
    My final weigh-in nagging for the day :tongue:

late:
    @mbakhtiaruz
    @smaidiigaa

still due today:
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @Pearl4686

due Thursday:
    @conleywoods
    @kalaki6145
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak

Let's fill those blank spaces! Thanks ---
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in, sorry I'm late
    PW 83.6
    CW 84.4
    It's so frustrating! I've been working out most days, but can't get my food sorted (too much home baking which i find impossible to resist). So I only have myself.to blame...
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good, except it was raining so no walk at work...
    This morning was a 20 min video and 10 min of hiit...

On May 18th I go to the dr for a check up, and I'm having my cholesterol checked, so my goal is to really limit the bad fats until then... lol... I know it is probably not enough time to make a difference, but it's worth a shot, right ? Lol

Have a happy Thursday!
  • jugar
    Options
    Yesterday was good, except it was raining so no walk at work...
    This morning was a 20 min video and 10 min of hiit...

On May 18th I go to the dr for a check up, and I'm having my cholesterol checked, so my goal is to really limit the bad fats until then... lol... I know it is probably not enough time to make a difference, but it's worth a shot, right ? Lol

Have a happy Thursday!

Change your username to Gidgitgoesvegan!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I used to play hockey when I was a kid... boy I do miss it!!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    So Happy It's Thursday - well, it's not as bad as it seems but waking to dueling beeping trucks and digging machines before 7:30 a.m. makes me cranky. Apparently, this "neighborhood project" to put in better drainage and eventually re-pave the 2 streets near our house will take all summer so...yeah. Something I'm not quite ready to "accept" just yet. I know. I'll feel better if I just accept that it'll be noisy all bloody summer. It'll ensure that I take longer walks away from the yard so I can get a little bit of peace!
    @jugar CW is 190.2
    OK...off for a walk before the weather starts to roll in and be wet.
    I'll be back later today.
    Mwah!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    PW 149.4
    CW 148.6

@micki48 I am just curious, what makes this a challenging time for you to lose? I actually do best in the spring and fall. I struggle in the summer because I am off from work and snack more, move less. My plan is for 7am walks this summer, before it gets hot. I also need to consistently log in the summer. That has been a struggle for me in the past.

@KellyBgetsfit Good question. I'm not exactly sure why I'm so weird. But over the years, I have had more success losing weight through the winter (not this year, tho). I think when it gets warmer I see more people, feel like celebrating, so we snack and have drinks more often. I love making frozen margaritas, etc. I probably am more active in the yard and walking, but I also rack up more calories. So it just seems challenging to me. Not impossible though. I agree with you. Consistently logging really does help hold us accountable.

@PlaneMonkey I think I should clarify. It is more summer, but our spring here in North Carolina feels a lot like summer. But yes, to everything you said. I think we would enjoy each other and sangria. Cheers!!

I have been thinking I need wireless ear buds. I hate how often my wired ones fall out or get caught and pulled out too. So far, haven't made that jump. Birthday is coming, maybe I'll ask for them.

@YinxFed Love those leggings. Way to cheer up everyone you walk by and yourself!

I did get on the mat this morning and do 12 minutes of Pilates. It felt good. Most of the rest of the day will be getting ready for our trip. I know it's not a big deal, but it's the biggest thing we've all done in a long while.
This discussion has been closed.