WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,342 Member
    Options

gak71 wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

I’m new on team WaistAway and would like to do the step challenge. What are the details and what do I need to do to sign up?

They posted this on the Downsizers team
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 - could you add me back to the steps team for April? My husband bought me an apple watch and I am truly missing my Fitbit and the encouraging competitions. I'm surprised how far apple is behind Fitbit really. If anyone has suggestions for me on how to use this better I would love them.

@yinxfed - Love that rock sculpture! When I'm out for a walk/hike I am always looking for something and love it when I find lost items... I once saw a pair of glass buried in mud so it looked like the ground was looking up at me, love seeing these little treasures.

@conleywoods - That's a great couch! It looks like a cozy family gathering spot.

@PlaneMonkey - We don't have a lot of fast food options here but in the US/Canada I would suggest the chicken strips or a grilled chicken sandwich. Try to limit the bread and just eat half the bun. Don't order fries and you wont miss them (funny they taste like cardboard to me now). Take a look at the MFP database for the restaurant you visit BEFORE you order and the high calorie count might sway you to stay on track.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed I too love that rock sculpture. I love to stumble across interesting things when I'm out walking or running. It helps that the backdrop is stunning too!

It was our anniversary yesterday, so we didn't push ourselves to be productive. We were both working, and the carpet fitter came. It looks gorgeous, I keep sticking my head around the door to take a look. Will vac up, try to fit the light shade (concerns over it fitting), and I think we might put the bed in tonight as well.

We went for a walk in the opposite direction to usual now it's a bit less muddy - up the fields, it's a bit steeper but you come across far fewer people so I much prefer it. It's a route I want to run at some point.

Steak for tea which was lovely, then I (deliberately) broke my 1 a day rule; I'd arranged for us to have a box of Millie's Cookies delivered, so we each had three (one of each flavour) and they were yummy. I have frozen the rest. OH had a chocolate hamper delivered from work, and then a family member gifted us a 'chocolate pizza' for our anniversary so the house is feeling rather full of snacks! That's before we talk about it being Easter this weekend and I'll have two giant eggs... April is going to be a test of will power and habits, but I've got this.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was good, i did my walk route and it takes 17 minutes. So thats works well.
    This morning was a 15 min video and 15 min yoga.. I made some goals for April.

No alcohol
    Exercise everyday
    Log everything, everyday
    Lose some dag gone weight ... I am over being in the 160s..
    Oh and read before bed, since it really helps with my sleep 💤

I get my 2nd shot the day before Easter, so depending on how I feel Sunday (I had issues with the 1st one) I may not exercise, but then I thought I can just do restorative yoga, or chair yoga... but that will be my pass day if needed..
    Okay I have rambled enough...

Have a wonderful day !

Oh @Micki48 I am going to join the step team, my goal this week is 5000 steps.
    Thanks for all you do ! 🤩
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Loved reading all the posts. Busy week here. Family getting vaccinated. Son moving. We’re traveling to see him after Dr visit on Thursday.

STEP TEAM INFO

So, step team. Last month we had a lot of blanks. I guess some folks who said yes to the team, ended up changing their mind because life happens. That is ok. It happens. But if you join and later decide it’s not right for you this month, please let me know so I don’t look for steps.

Now that that is out of the way, we have a team step challenge. If you are interested in joining, let me know. All you need to do when you let me know is tell me what your daily step goal is and post your daily steps. You may post daily or all at once on Sunday. Our week runs Sunday to Saturday. We are now in Week 1.

When I have seen and recorded your steps, I will mark your post “insightful”. At the end of the week, I will post weekly results with total team steps, top steppers, and those steppers meeting their daily goal 4 or more days. Also when you post steps, please don’t bury the steps in a longer post. (It can be hard to find. )

THANKS!

I’d like to join the step team and will set a daily goal of 8000 steps. Thank you!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 152.4
    CW 151.2

My allergies are horrible! I have not been able to workout since Sat. I am hoping to do Barre later. I have been on par with my eating.

@conleywoods I was actually just looking at that exact couch online a week or two ago. We currently have a similarly shaped couch, which is great for our family of 6, but I ordered it online from Wayfair. At the time, it was the only one I could fine that had the extra long side. When it came, I hated the material, but I kept it because it was going to cost so much to return it. Then, we got a puppy who chewed it up the corner cushion. I think it is only 4 years old but I need to replace it. I can't wait ot hear how you like it!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    PW 198.4
    CW 198.0
    Its green! Wasn't sure it was going to happen. Apparently I'm 85% to goal. Gotta focus to push harder. They're announcing possible lockdowns in my parents region so Easter dinner might be a no go for me, which will be sad but will probably help with the weight loss will power. Mom's cooking is so good.....
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options
    l12bxlgy7ohp.png

WAISTAWAYS STEP RESULTS - WEEK 4

Total team steps - 417,817

f8u7rnkn8kbn.png

STEP STARS

1st - @Kali225 101,218
    2nd - @KellyBgetsfit 97,318
    3rd - @Sunny9847 75,059

STEPPERS MEETING DAILY GOAL

@Kali225 7/7
    @Sunny 9847 6/7
    @KellyBgetsfit 6/7
    @YinxFed 4/7

uplrnuw4yb91.png
  • micki48
    Options
    tiy64dxrf24u.png

WAISTAWAYS MARCH FINAL STEP RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS FOR THE MONTH - 1,936,473

8y5m2y9cybiw.png

1st - @Kali225 - 429,251
    2nd - @KellyBgetsfit - 350,887
    3rd - @sunny9847 - 328,128

GREAT STEPPING EVERYONE!

w7dwal4w46yf.png
  • micki48
    Options
    Happy Wednesday friends!

For the April Step Team, these are the members that I have participating:

@gak71
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @micki48
    @YinxFed (Are you still in for April with the same goal?)
    @KellyBgetsfit (Are you in?)
    @sunny9847 (Are you in?)

Rainy day again here. I did log my food yesterday. Over but logged. Did my Pilates this morning. Just 10 minutes of barre, but it packed a punch. Tomorrow, I get to see my son for the first time in person after almost 9 months. Can't wait, even though we will be busy getting him moved into his new apartment in his new town. It's right on the water, so hopefully the weather will be dry so we can hang outside and go to the beach to see the water.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Yes, I'm still in for April. I think that I need to move my step goal up to 8000 though. Thank you!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    pw: 224
    Cw: 224.6

I'll mention though that I was down to 223.4 on Saturday haha 😁
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,194 Member
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    pw: 224
    Cw: 224.6

I'll mention though that I was down to 223.4 on Saturday haha 😁

Don't you hate it when that happens? You'll get back there!
  • micki48
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    @micki48 Yes, I'm still in for April. I think that I need to move my step goal up to 8000 though. Thank you!

Great news! I have updated your step goal. You go girl!!! :)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW: 84.5
    CW: 83.1
    Very very happy with this. Totally wasn't expecting such a big loss but I think it's the WOOSH effect after 2 weeks of no loss. A good reminder to myself to not let the scale rule!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    My meeting was OK. I am shaky like whoah though.

There's a power tug of war going on at work between my boss and the head of another team. They hate each other. I get along with everyone and I know the functions of both departments so I do most of the communications between the two. I'm totally neutral.

In other words, in this tug of war, I'm the rope. Powerless to affect anything but still somehow vital to the whole situation.

It's exhausting and unfair.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to have your daily calorie goal automatically decrease as you lose weight or is that something you go in and do manually as you lose weight?
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @gak71 I asked the same question. You have to manually go in and select for it to readjust based on your new current weight. Mine would go down about 10 calories per day for every few pounds lost. I used to go in and readjust every couple of weeks but now that I'm nearing my goal I'm at 1300 calories a day and I've realized that if I aim for less than that, I'll just cheat and not log and go WAY over instead of just accepting that 1300 is what I'm prepared to live in harmony with.

@Terytha sucks you have to be the rope. Definitely unfair. Is there anyone with power to make these two people deal with their personality conflict without putting you in the middle? Any union or HR types that can get involved? I feel for you. Virtual hugs heading out to Alberta

@jugar thanks for the recommendations. I used to live right by café mulligan, the Aylmer sector of Gatineau has the best food selections. Since we moved east it's been harder to find variety. I'll keep Subway in mind and one of our favourite pizza places has Greek salads so I'll push for that in the future. I will start stocking snacks in my purse like if I had a toddler and that could also mitigate anymore hubby hangry meltdowns! 😂
This discussion has been closed.