4/13- 6,058
    4/14- 10, 573
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Steps

4/13 - 7265
    4/14 - 13376

Yesterday was a good day exercising. I had to help someone with a 3d printer disaster the day before and it cut into my exercise time. The intermittent fasting seems to be stabilizing my weight fluctuations. It will likely end up with like a 3 pound drop by Saturday. Hopefully that will be the last of the ping ponging weight fluctuations for now.
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    04/13 - 10,186
    04/14 - 8,579
  • shnerb00
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Man, I way underestimated how helpful it is for your partner to share your way of eating!

My husband loves his potatoes etc, and I've been keto. The past couple of weeks he's joined me (as a detox, he doesn't actually need to lose weight.)

It has been so much easier to only have to think about and make one meal. He's not snacking on stuff I can't have. AND he understands a lot better now.

I really didn't think it was a big deal, but having him join me opened my eyes to the mental load, extra work and temptation I'd overlooked.

Plus, as everyone here knows, everything is easier when it's a team effort as opposed to going it alone.

He'll be back to his normal diet soon, and I don't begrudge him his fried potatoes, but it really is nice for the moment.
    @Aqualang26 you raise two important points here that I can relate to. The strength in having support and the struggle of managing a lifestyle that is different from the people around me. I find the support and accountability I need here (thanks everyone) Because I do the meal planning, shopping and cooking, I get to decide what’s in the house and on the table (Might be a bit of a control freak here) I do bring home and make snacks and foods for the family but only healthier versions of them or the ones that I don’t like (yuck Cheetos and macaroni and cheese. Eat your heart out kids and hubby). Lol

What do others to for managing other eating preferences either at hone or at work?
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    PW 199.3
    CW 199.2
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Man, I way underestimated how helpful it is for your partner to share your way of eating.

I really didn't think it was a big deal, but having him join me opened my eyes to the mental load, extra work and temptation I'd overlooked.

Plus, as everyone here knows, everything is easier when it's a team effort as opposed to going it alone.

I totally agree. My DH doesn't seem to get hungry on the medication he's now on & if he has to do meals- quite often forgets!! To help him, he's now starting work a bit earlier & finishing early so this means we can have evening meal at a reasonable hour instead of 21:00ish! I'm trying to eat between 7am-7pm and when I can cook or get him to cook on time it makes huge difference- those have been my 2 really good weeks recently!
  • JoDavo66
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Just experimenting to see if photo uploads.
  • JoDavo66
    Options
    That would be no!
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    Man, I way underestimated how helpful it is for your partner to share your way of eating.

I totally agree. My DH doesn't seem to get hungry on the medication he's now on & if he has to do meals- quite often forgets!! To help him, he's now starting work a bit earlier & finishing early so this means we can have evening meal at a reasonable hour instead of 21:00ish! I'm trying to eat between 7am-7pm and when I can cook or get him to cook on time it makes huge difference- those have been my 2 really good weeks recently!

I am similar! I take Vyvyanse, which really reduces my appetite. That, combined with the ADHD often leads to me forgetting to eat, until it wears off and I'm ravenous!
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Steps
    April 12: 10,535
    April 13: 13,113
    April 14: 10,193
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    LW 184
    Cw 180.3. mostly eating under calories. I am back on track. Tonight having kale sausages and potatoes.
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    Options
    Next week I won't be down as much. You always lose the most when you first start off. It's been three weeks of not recording.
  • shnerb00
    Options
    Shnerb00
    Friday
    PW : 142.0
    CW: 140.6
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 196.4
    CW: 195.8
    LTD: 11.2

Sorry for missing last week. We're moving and a house we liked in Houston listed, so I booked a flight to go house hunting. We ended up offering on a different house, which was accepted (after losing one).

Since we're moving, our garage currently is a junk drop zone and my weightlifting rack is the perfect place to store things out of the way. After some research, I found a bodyweight routine from Reddit called the Recommended Routine that I'm going to try during this move. I bought a set of rings I've had on my list, and my resistance bands are easy to pack. Anyone use this before? I also plan on using a kettlebell for cardio.

The hardest aspect to keep under control is to keep eating relatively clean, since we'll likely order out more. My exercise lately has been limited to dog walks and running around with the kids, so I'm hoping I can make time for more training.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 149.2
    CW 149

Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    4/14: 9,069
    4/15: 10,832

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 196.4
    CW: 195.8
    LTD: 11.2

Sorry for missing last week. We're moving and a house we liked in Houston listed, so I booked a flight to go house hunting. We ended up offering on a different house, which was accepted (after losing one).

Since we're moving, our garage currently is a junk drop zone and my weightlifting rack is the perfect place to store things out of the way. After some research, I found a bodyweight routine from Reddit called the Recommended Routine that I'm going to try during this move. I bought a set of rings I've had on my list, and my resistance bands are easy to pack. Anyone use this before? I also plan on using a kettlebell for cardio.

The hardest aspect to keep under control is to keep eating relatively clean, since we'll likely order out more. My exercise lately has been limited to dog walks and running around with the kids, so I'm hoping I can make time for more training.

@bearchested and @khill875 Congrats on the new house! Moving can be stressful, but if you do a little homework ahead of time, you CAN still eat better while having to eat out during all the hard work and stress. So in between packing boxes, make a list of restaurants that will be close to the new house (or on the road if you're driving to the new place) and at those restaurants, choose an A and a B (because you always want to have a Plan B)...for Mexican food, chicken fajitas are great...clean meat and veggies...for Chinese, chicken and broccoli is always a great choice because the broc is high in fiber and the chicken is sauteed not deep fried...you should be able to find a Subway...or aim for burgers searched in a lettuce leaf rather than on a bun...grilled chicken sandwiches...if you have an air fryer, pack it with your CARRY KIT (stuff you have to have with you on the move) and you can stop by a local store and get a few groceries...like things you can quickly do in the air fryer...hope this helps...

Good luck on the move and great job this week for both of you! Be careful and stay safe!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing SO well this week...Proud Captain here!!! Me on the other hand, can't seem to remember to jump on the scale before getting dressed and eating for the day :neutral: UGH! I'll do it tomorrow...or @mulecanter can beat me up!

Jess
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    Friday
    PW: 240
    CW: 239.8.

My body has decided that it's done losing weight🤣🤣
This discussion has been closed.