Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    JoDavo66
    Wi: Sunday
    PW:219
    CW:216

Yay! Lost what I gained! Onward & downward!

YAYyyyy @JoDavo66 nice loss!!! WOOHOOO Onederland is in your grasp, my friend!!! Any words of advice so the rest of us can jump on your party train?!! LOL! :wink:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    uw78dkds3va1.jpg

Since coming to the realization that I can't do fast food and that included many breakfast things, heavy with gravies, biscuits (Yes I'm southern) and other fried wonders like fat-laden sausage, bacon and butter slathers, I've gotten away from breakfast. I do better having two meals per day, as it gives me some volume but allows me to do some intermittent fasting as well as keeping my calories low. Well, having said ALL of that, I'm rediscovering the joy of scrambled eggs and toast...without the meat, biscuits and gravy. Three eggs, with a little sharp shredded cheddar and two pieces of low cal toast tastes AMAZING and makes a really nice lunch. Sometimes I add some fruit with, like a banana, apple slices...today I had a toaster scramble which gave me a little hint of bacon...

So, my challenge to everyone this week...take something you used to love, make some healthy alterations and rediscover something you really enjoy! Doesn't have to be food-related...could be an activity you used to do for exercise that you've altered in some way because of a physical issue, time, etc...could be a craft you used to do to relax that you're using to center yourself and de-stress...remember this journey is more than just watching what we eat...we also need to be more active, drink more water, consider our mental health and that's even MORE important as we continue to fight COVID and deal with this pandemic where we're all distanced...

Share with all of us to motivate the crew! Have a beautiful rest of your Sunday!! Can't wait to read your thoughts!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    44kwdu8xxsv2.png

CONGRATS to all of this week's winners and honorable mentions...you guys inspire me to try harder and achieve more!!! Here's to another great week ahead Trimstones!!! WE GOT THIS!
    Jess :smile:
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Username: gillexplores
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 158.9lbs (April 4)
    CW: 161.1lbs

After my maintenance break, I actually feel pretty good. I know I can stay within an approx. 4lb range for two weeks, and have a better idea of how to eat for maintenance once I get there. I also weighed in at 158.6 on Friday, so I know today’s is just fluctuations, not an actual gain. All in all, a good experiment!

Just gotta stick to my deficit now.
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Steps
    April 20: 10,164
    April 21: 17,738
    April 22: 10, 163
    April 23: 14, 536
    April 24: 7,592
  • jessicakrall8
    Username: gillexplores
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 158.9lbs (April 4)
    CW: 161.1lbs

After my maintenance break, I actually feel pretty good. I know I can stay within an approx. 4lb range for two weeks, and have a better idea of how to eat for maintenance once I get there. I also weighed in at 158.6 on Friday, so I know today’s is just fluctuations, not an actual gain. All in all, a good experiment!

Just gotta stick to my deficit now.

WELCOME BACK @gillexplores !! Good luck as we all wrap up April!
    Jess
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    3tx7evtf15cu.jpg

@jessicakrall8 asked me for advice. I've struggled & struggled to loose & now I've worked out how. So this is my advice.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    edited April 2021
    Some great lisses this week. Well done.
    A few are struggling for a number of reasons- just hang in there guys.
    The April week 5 Challenge is up. A simply one- have a look.
    Mine is
    DoThis: Get my water in take improved (I was up to almost 3l when working from home, I need to be on 2+)
    Don't do that: skipping the coffee shops- or at least the iced & non-iced lattes & mochas.

What's your's?
  • jessicakrall8
    27r4eby751r7.jpg

Walkers...seven of you need to send in steps for last week...we're on to week 5...who will take the top three spots for the month of April...this week will determine that answer! Still time to be the number one walker for week 5 as well...get a few steps in, no matter what you're doing...wear your tracker, use your phone on your pocket...lots of choices for all budgets...

Would LOVE to see many more join us in the step challenge for May...weather is getting nice...time to get in those steps...working around the house, doing laundry, cleaning the bathrooms...it all takes movement...join the party!

Just send me a quick message or even in here...tell me your favorite activity or favorite place to walk...and set your daily step goal...and I'll add you to the upcoming chart for May.

Jessica :smile:
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    kerdil08
    Sunday
    PW 181.7
    CW 181.6

Well...slightly disappointing lol. I was well below calories every day except last Sunday, but even that day I was above general cals but below overall calories when counting exercise. I think this is less about what I did "wrong" this week and more just things catching up...like a few weeks ago when i was expecting a gain and had a big loss, and now this week I was expecting a bigger loss and ended up pretty flat. It just stinks when results are all over the place like that because I think it'd be easier to mentally manage when it felt like things made more sense haha. Like if I lost 0.1 lbs that earlier week and 2 lbs this week I'd have been thrilled, but that's just not how it works. At least this is technically still a green, so I do get all weeks in the green by the skin of my teeth :D

I am working on reminding myself that I still had a really good month, and it's been a while since I plateaued (don't even think this counts as a plateau yet). If I hadn't gotten on the scale at all I would be really pleased with this week, so trying not to let the scale derail that.

The running update from yesterday is that I made it 2.25 miles nonstop, and then tacked on 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0 in subsequent spurts for over 4 miles total running (8+ mile loop overall). So that's pretty exciting! I know my late miles were suuuuper slow, but I actually felt quite good for Mile 1. My biggest 'non scale victory' in the recent weeks for sure. I have gotten super fond of this loop so thinking about returning to it once a week even though I won't be living in the same place anymore; maybe I can bike to a park I pass by on the loop and then start the run/walk from there.

I did just finish moving a few hours ago. I hate moving - I'm a bad organizer, I'm a bad packer, I'm a bad unpacker, etc. So that's been super super stressful and I'm sure cortisol levels have been through the roof. At least it's done now and I can focus on just trying to settle in the new spot. Thinking about taking a day off from walking to work tomorrow because I'm exhausted from the weekend and I haven't figured out my best route yet. Will have to see how I feel in the morning. A big potential stressor I'm worried about right now is that I will have the scale in a new place, obviously. I didn't plan properly to weigh myself right before leaving and then right after placing the scale to calibrate and see how much the surfaces agree with each other, so bracing for variability next time I get on. Remind me I said this if it tells me I gained 5 lbs and I start panicking lol!

Will update steps tomorrow because my phone is too far away right now hahaha. I did get a bunch this weekend from both walks and doing a million trips back and forth with moving boxes, and my legs are definitely feeling it right now!
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Steps

4/21- 8,721
    4/22- 7,447
    4/23- 5,931
    4/24- 6,510
    4/25- 7,495
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    CharmingPassion

PW: 297.8
    CW: 297.6

Honestly not surprised. It has been a rough week and then today was my friends virtual memorial service. My wife took me out after just because I needed to decompress. I haven't gotten many steps in this week, my water in take has been off, I just struggled a lot. The fact that my weight wasn't insane this week surprises me because ihave not eaten well either. I am going to try to be back on track this week but I took a week off most things just to recenter myself. So much loss this past year and I just need some space and time to process it all.
  • CharmingPassion
    CharmingPassion Posts: 556 Member
    Steps:

4/24 - 3,318
    4/25 - 5,477
  • jessicakrall8
    @kerdil08 With everything going on in your life right now, I think I'd take the whole week as a success!! YOU RAN FREAKIN FOUR MILES!! You LOST weight during a moving week! You kept your head on straight and worked through your stress...WIN, WIN, WIN!! VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! I think you're definitely in a plateau, but with things coming at you from all sides, you're handling it like a champ!

You do you, Boo!
    Jess :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    CharmingPassion

PW: 297.8
    CW: 297.6

Honestly not surprised. It has been a rough week and then today was my friends virtual memorial service. My wife took me out after just because I needed to decompress. I haven't gotten many steps in this week, my water in take has been off, I just struggled a lot. The fact that my weight wasn't insane this week surprises me because ihave not eaten well either. I am going to try to be back on track this week but I took a week off most things just to recenter myself. So much loss this past year and I just need some space and time to process it all.

So sorry for your loss @CharmingPassion as it's not easy to say goodbye to those we love...my thoughts are with you. Focus on you and your wife this week and everything else will work itself out...take time to breathe and savor some of the memories of your friends and family. Take care!
    Jess :smile:
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Steps
    4/21 - 14245
    4/22 - 11353
    4/23 - 9573
    4/24 - 13244
    4/25 - 13605
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    4/23-9,146
    4/24-13,160
    4/25-15,691
  • kerdil08
    kerdil08 Posts: 61 Member
    Lol thanks @jessicakrall8 !!

Steps:
    4/19 - 21,502
    4/20 - 24,542
    4/21 - 23,663
    4/22 - 24,080
    4/23 - 28,476
    4/24 - 28,074
    4/25 - 27,560
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Registration for MAY 2021 is open! Please invite friends or share the link with anyone you think would be a great new member:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831398/registration-for-new-members-may-2021/p1?new=1
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 900 Member
    kerdil08 wrote: »
    Lol thanks @jessicakrall8 !!

Steps:
    4/19 - 21,502
    4/20 - 24,542
    4/21 - 23,663
    4/22 - 24,080
    4/23 - 28,476
    4/24 - 28,074
    4/25 - 27,560