Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87 - I am sooo sorry about your furbaby :'( ....I have 2 grandma kitties myself .... I have had them since my daughter was a baby (she is 15 ) not looking forward to the day they are both gone ....
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ✅
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 11,600 - not as high as yesterday, or the day before that, but I hit my goal

This evening, my husband and son joined my daughter and I for our after dinner walk. It was unusually windy out, the kids looked like they would fly away; this resulted in a really, really short walk. The wind was a bit much for them. We came home and while the three of them had dessert, I went for another quick walk - with a goal of at least 11,000 steps (I didn't want to stay out too late, and miss putting them to bed, although the wind felt good to me).

I really enjoy both the walks with my daughter (and family - when the four of us go together) and the ones alone. As a result of the pandemic, I no longer get to walk with friends, so I've been listening to We Only Look Thin podcasts (https://www.weonlylookthin.com/episode-01-the-introductioning/). They chat about their weight loss journey, give tips about what has worked and are hilariously entertaining. It helps pass the time, and I find myself walking a bit farther along so I can finish an episode.

Do you have any podcast recommendations?
  • TheresaM787
    Options
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @azkunk
    Congratulations on hitting all FIVE of your daily goals! Congratulations to your son for moving out of 8th grade - woo hoo!!! That's an awesome plan. You are SO much stronger than I am, I'd probably get at least a small cup of something. It's too bad they don't serve Halo Top ice cream. Mmmmm.

@littleflutterby
    Congratulations on your loss! You are almost at EIGHTY pounds lost, burned, shredded. I'm so happy for you, that's an amazing accomplishment. I'm not sure if you're in the same situation as my BIL (brother-in-law), when he started WW, he wasn't consuming enough calories and he was only losing half a pound a week. When he started eating closer to his full allowance of calories, the weight started coming off. Meanwhile, EIGHTY POUNDS (mic drop).
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Hi y'all! Thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 ! I'm Laura, from southern Florida. I'm about halfway through my weight loss journey, with roughly 55 pounds left to lose to get to a healthy weight.

For a bit of background, I've gone down this path before (not quite this much to lose though) but, while I was a healthy weight when I got pregnant (at 41!) I gained a ton during and even after the pregnancy. Keto worked for me before, so that's what I've been doing this time as well.

I'm an avid scuba diver. Fat floats, so one of my goals is to only need 2lbs of lead to dive again.

I'm excited to join the team, and look forward to getting to know and continuing this journey with you folks 😊

Welcome to our very talkative group .... I hope you will like it here .... Happy to have you :) Looking forward to getting back on Keto (just had my 2nd hernia surgery) Let me know if you want to be added to our step challenge and if you do please let me know what your step # will be ...Thanks :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I typed a very long reply to most but my daughter interrupted me and it was gone when I returned my focus to my phone. 😡

@Poobah1972 - I don’t recognize the Canadian reference ranges but your A1C is good a a measure of the past 3 months. When were these labs drawn. If it were recent a new A1C might not reveal what is going on just yet. Keep testing the you fasting BG and bring to log to your doctor’s appointment.

@Tazaria87 - I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty.

@Aqualang26 - welcome

@Bluetail6 @littleflutterby and @lmf1012 - congratulations on being our biggest losers last week

@ everyone else - imagine something inspiring or supportive from me and accept my apologies for losing my post
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,907 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I'll check in tomorrow afternoon and catch up. Tomorrow is an early day.😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    Nice loss! I know you are frustrated but you are just recovering after being sick for several months. Give your body time to adjust and I think you will see that scale moving more to your liking. Maybe you can shake things up. Find time to fit in your dancing again. You seemed to really enjoy it and your weight loss was steady at that time.

@TheresaM787
    You are killing it with your steps! Your family walk sounds so nice. I have only every listened to one podcast in my life. While it was pretty amazing it wasn’t related to weight loss. I definitely need to get my dongle so I can try to listen to some while walking.

@rwood566
    It must be a relief that someone has finally found a reason for your dizziness. I hope that the test you are having will find a way to deal with the POTs. It has to be incredibly frustrating to slow down your workouts but hold faith that you will get back to them. Sending hugs!

@Aqualang26
    Welcome to the team. Scuba diving sounds like so much fun. With continued dedication you will get to your goal of less lead. Congrats on your weight loss so far. What an amazing accomplishment.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,642
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ❌Physio 1/2

Super tired today. I had to get up early as I have 2 appointments and an mri for the COVID study I am in. Little nervous that I will not be able to stay in the mri for 1.5 hours. Anyways, I am helping them study COVID and may get an answer to my memory problems/ headaches. This afternoon I have an appointment for my anxiety/sleep issues.

I went for a longer walk yesterday. It will be hard to fit a walk in today so if my leg cooperates I am having the Uber drop me off at timmies instead of home and I will walk from there. I will treat myself to a tea. That means my walk will behalf the distance as yesterday. I will probably have to do a few laps around the apartment to meet my step goal. I am disappointed to say I caved and dragged my scale out again. Should of had Garry hide it. It is a losing battle with the scale. I am frustrated when weighing and then constantly wondering when not weighing. I will see how the next few days go with weighing myself.

Happy Hump Day! (Is it really Wednesday already)
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @rwood566
    How are you feeling? That was some long appointment they put you through. I did a quick Google on POTS (I hadn't heard of it before). Did they suggest increasing your fluids, or a plan to help alleviate the symptoms? You've been doing so well, with steps and watching what you eat (staying within your calorie budget). Those are two areas that the Mayo Clinic recommends - and you've been doing it already. 🤗

@azkunk
    Oh my goodness, that happened to me last week! The entire post gone. I started using my laptop instead after that 😆

@Aqualang26
    HI Laura 😄 Congratulations on being halfway to your goal weight! That is a tremendous short term reward, getting to dive again after you lose two more pounds 👏🏻👏🏻

@lindamtuck2018
    Terrific step count yesterday!! That's amazing that you can hit that high number, while having that horrid leg pain. Well done Linda 🙌🏻🙌🏻. Wishing you lots of luck in the MRI, hopefully it's an open MRI, those are supposed to be a bit easier to lay in. Thank you for getting checked and allowing the team to use your findings in their ongoing research of effects of COVID-19. I hope your appointment gives you some relief for your anxiety and troubles with sleep. How has no one devised a magic wand to fix that yet? The scale is a toughie. You are working through so much right now, please be kind to yourself. I know that's easier said then done, so please imagine that one of the Downsizers posted about the scale, what would you have told them? 🤗
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps for 5/18 10,047

Not sure how I made it over 10k, my walk was almost a mile shorter than the last few due to some hip/sciatica pain I am having while walking.

I hope the doctor is in today too, I would not blame you at all for blowing a gasket after driving 40 minutes!

@lindamtuck2018 wow, 1.5 hrs in an MRI?! I had one done a couple of months ago and it was probably about 30-45 minutes and I was not a happy camper, it was super claustrophobic for me!

@Poobah1972 great job on the walk, keep it up. Glad the knee braces helped some, hope that continues! I am excited for your home workouts coming up too!

@rwood566 wow, that is quite an appointment! Sounds like a bit of a road ahead as they figure all these things out.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012 *I'm still scared more then excited i think. lol"
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    19th May
    Steps 10,584
This discussion has been closed.