Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Fantastic loss!! You're doing amazing πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Another terrific walk under your belt, way to go!! Are you listening to music, a workout, a podcast, audiobook or just having some peace and quiet? Happy early birthday! Your birthday dinner ideas sound divine.

@rlaskey2
    Sorry to hear about your FitBit. That was a great idea of not chucking the towel, and instead getting in a boxing workout πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Fantastic loss!! You're doing amazing πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Another terrific walk under your belt, way to go!! Are you listening to music, a workout, a podcast, audiobook or just having some peace and quiet? Happy early birthday! Your birthday dinner ideas sound divine.

Thank you... And just peace and quiet. I love the fact that I almost never see anyone, lol. I guess I'm one of those closet introverts that actually enjoys Covid, and the reduced requirement for social interaction. lol. Me versus the elements with no need to worry about anything but me. lol

• TheresaM787
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    I agree!! I feel the same way, it is a silver lining in the pandemic.

Monday
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles βœ…
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only six cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 13,300
    mp6e7sucf90n.png
    "Thank you for your beautiful words..."

Thank you. Thank you team for sharing your stories, your successes, your trials, your goals...
    When I began, and joined F2F, I walked an average of 3,000 steps daily. Today I was able to reach 13,300. πŸ€—
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,534 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    My go to salad has been a Cobb. I put an egg, roast chicken breast, some pc bacon bits, cherry tomatoes and lots of lettuce of course. Lots of protein. I put blue cheese dressing but I am very careful with the measurements as I can be heavy handed. Your shake sounds delicious. Once the gyms open again I am going to the gym I went to several years back and get the chocolate protein powder I like.

@Poobah1972
    Awesome loss! You are doing so great with your walks. Happy Birthday!

@rlaskey2
    It is so cool you do boxing workouts. It is something I think I would like to try.

@TheresaM787
    Another awesome check in. Congrats on your steps. It’s amazing what you can accomplish. Water is such a tough goal. Until I started using flavour drops I never got mine in. I would love to have a soda stream. Both my kids that live in London have one. I am afraid that I wouldn’t use it enough. You asked about my sleep well I am not sure. Even though I didn’t reach my sleep goal Friday and Saturday, I slept like a baby. Same with last night. I put that down to being so tired after the kids. It felt great to wake up and realize I hadn’t been awake eating. I hope that I can do the same tonight.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317
    weigh in Day = Monday
    PW 189.5
    CW 189.8
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 still getting dizzy every day. Going to talk with my new doc in the morning.

@Poobah1972 nice walk. Interesting that you flipped your watch. I'm going to try that.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 hate those migraines. Good luck with it.

@theresam787 very nice numbers. Thank you for your service to the group.

@littleflutterby I get the pre packaged salads and toss the dressing. I use hot sauce instead. Spice it up a bit and save on calories.

Check in for 5/17
    Steps - 4596. Only did a slow walk around the block to buy a tomato. Went into the store and decided against it. 8 people in each checkout line. Didn't need it that badly
    Calories - 1250 or so. Salad for lunch.
    Exercise - 1 mile walk in 22 minutes.

I'll be hitting the gym after I see my doc in the morning unless she says no. Daughter wanted to go tonight but we worry about the evening crowd.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    Over 14,000 is a lot of stepThat's a lot of steps! Great idea bringing salads to work. I love what you do with the espresso, ice and PP caramel!

@rlaskey2
    This morning, I had to plug my Fitbit into my car so it wouldn't die. I hate it when that happens! A boxing workout sounds awesome!

@Bluetail6
    You are very focused, dedicated and disciplined, and it shows. You are doing so very well. I love that Anthony Robbins quote. It is so true! Nice steps yesterday!

@rwood566
    That is an awesome number of steps and a very nice long walk! I'm sorry that you still get lightheaded. Also nice that you were under:)

@roz0810
    Hope you have a great week as well!

@mszoueb
    That's great that you potted flowers, fruits and veggies! That pizza looks amazing! I can't believe the dough is only two ingredients with the way it looks. I want to try that!

@jimboden3
    Nice loss. That is so nice that you had your family of six all together! It is wonderful when that happens. Hope your swelling gets resolved so that you can get back to your rowing. Our family loves Top Golf. The nearest location is about 1.5 hours away. We usually go a few times a year. Such fun!

@lindamtuck2018
    Nice steps!

@Poobah1972
    Nice loss! Another great walk! King crab is so good. Hope you get some for your birthday.

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    1. Check in daily βœ…
    2. Track accurately ❌
    3. Macros P-105/ C-115/ F-40 ❌
    4. Water 90 ozβœ…
    5. Row 5x/wk ❔❔❔❔❔

Not the best day but not the worst. I failed to plan for a busy afternoon/ evening and gave in to pizza which I had to estimate. Macros were all off but close. Too busy to row but I did take a few walking breaks today and walked around my kitchen this evening to get in 8K steps today
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Migraines are awful:( Hope it goes away soon.

@azkunk
    Still a great number of steps. Some days we just have to do what we can:)

@TheresaM787
    Awesome steps! You are doing so well!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @mszoueb - nice loss 🀩 That pizza looked delicious.

@jimboden3 - any pain? Possible hernia? Good plan to take it easy until you see the doctor.

@lindamtuck2018 - thank you 😊 the fatigue is slowly improving. I’m not sure if it was the diet break or changes in meds. I just hope it continues.

@littleflutterby - I lover the premier Protein cafe latte. I add ice and a couple of shots of espresso for a cold brew. Beats the real stuff with half and half.

@Poobah1972 - nice loss 🀩

@rlaskey2 - great job still getting in a workout despite the weather. I must admit that I am jealous of the rain you got. I would love a good rainy day

@TheresaM787 - What an fantastic NSV ... from and average of 3K steps to 13.3K.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I hope that migraine monster releases his grip soon. Migraines are the worst 😞

@rwood566- can you get your gym session in in the early morning or later evening to beat the crowd

@iradi8 - so true. I just failed to plan today. Tomorrow will be better!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    18th May
    Steps: 10,370
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Thank you @iradi8!! I hope things are going well for you. The best news for us is that we don't have to take our dog back to the vet for a couple of weeks. We had been taking him in weekly for at least the last 5 weeks. He is a senior dog... He gets a senior discount, lol.🀣

@lindamtuck2018. Have you ever had a sleep study? Sometime in the the Summer, I'm going to have/do one. It is one where they send you home with some sort of monitor I think. I have been sleeping pretty well, just not long enough. Insomnia is something I have always struggled with. I have to really make sure I don't fall into my old habits of staying up late on the computer, watching a movie or working.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š
  • TheresaM787
    Options
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback, I was surprised with how the dough turned out too. If you're wanting to try the pizza recipe out, check out @livthepositivefooodie on Instagram, it's their recipe and it's on their highlight reels under stuffed crust and throughout their instagram posts I believe. I haven't yet tried other recipes from them, but they all look amazing.

@TheresaM787 @lindamtuck2018 @iradi8
    @azkunk
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @roz0810
    Another killer day with the steps πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@azkunk, @iradi8 and @rwood566
    Thank you so much πŸ€—

@azkunk
    No wonder you were too busy to row, you got in 8,000 steps! Impressive step count πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I know exactly what you mean, I need to plan or else I'm all over the place πŸ˜†

@rwood566
    Look at your day, under calorie, went for a walk to the market and went to the doc. How did that go? Glad to hear that you're staying away from crowds in the gym.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I hope you feel better. I'm glad that you rested, that's one of the best things you can do while you are suffering from a migraine. Oh my goodness, your teenager is so sweet making dinner for you both. Love that compassion and independence 🀩

@lcfa5317
    How are you doing?

@lindamtuck2018
    Before we purchased one, we (my son and I) were going through can after can of seltzer for over 6 months. That's what prompted the decision, because first he was going through cases of seltzer and then I started grabbing a can here and there. I know what you mean, I try not to bring too many one use gadgets into the house. That's good to hear, that the grandkids are keeping you so busy that you sleep. Just another reason why grandkids are the best!

@mszoueb
    Thank you for sharing the pizza crust recipe!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Super Tuesday! 😎

Blood tests continue to baffle me this week. Ketone levels still lower than expected and blood glucose is much higher than is good for me. Still don't know what to make of it.

Blood Ketones 1.4
    Blood Glucose 158
    GKI 6.27

Walk this morning was great... Small itty bitty knee pain here and there, but it got progressively better as I went. Somehow I accidently pressed paused during the entire 4th lap, so I'm basically missing an entire full steam lap from my workout this morning. So in leu of that, here's a general snapshot of my fitbit activity... A full 64 "Zone Minutes" earned before 6am this morning 😎. I'll just count it as 600 cals, and leave it at that.

kbx8jeqom9ph.png

Weight Training... No more putting it off. We commence on Monday... (Lol see we just did? We managed to put it off for 5 more days. lol) So clever we are. πŸ˜…

This is the general split for now... Similar to how I started oh 15 years ago.

Mondays - Leg Day

Squats 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Low Cable - Lateral Leg Lifts 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Low Cable - Kick Backs 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Rack Pulls 3 sets of 10-12 reps (to start to prepare us for deadlifts)
    Hers Ab Twists 3 sets of 10-12 / His Calf Raises 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Note: I'm going to keep my eye out on a better bench with a leg attachment... Unfortunately it's hard to get exactly what you want right now. In the mean time we will have to make due with the Low Cable and ankle Straps. :)

Wednesday - Chest and Arms

DB or Bar Chest Press 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    DB or Bar Curls 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    DB Fly's 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Skull Crushers 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    DB or Bar Shoulder Presses 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Friday - Back

DB bent over or Incline rows 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Lat Pulldowns 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Low cable rows 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Face pulls or Reverse Flys 3 sets of 10-12 reps
    Hers Ab Twists 3 sets of 10-12 / His Shoulder Shrugs 3 sets of 10-12 Reps

This should give us a pretty decent all-round workout... Rack Pull, will ,eventually turn into Dead lifts(it's sort of like a Deadlift trainer... lol), and may move to back day. But in and of itself a rack pull is probably more legs then back compared to the real deal. As time goes on, we will alternate flat vs incline vs decline on exercises like Flys and bench press. We will also start to cycle a rep counts from 12 down to 6 and back again slowly over time. And maybe in 6 months when we are in considerably better shape we can add in some better core exercises, like DB lunges, and I don't even know what it's called when you lock your legs in the bench then extend your body out close to flat, using your core to prevent your body from collapsing, then pull yourself back toward the bench to complete a rep while utilizing the upper pull attachment to reduce your weight until you can do it with no assistance at all, then start using DB's to make it even hard... (it's brutal, but incredible core builder).

I'm sure we will come up with alternate exercise as well.... The trick will be getting this all completed in a decent amount of time. May also have to convince my brother to put X Meat in oven at X time, to allow us a little more time to get the workout completed. πŸ˜†

I'm excited and nervous... But it's happening.

Super Tuesday Everyone! πŸ˜‹
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps May 17 = 4787 😜
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,534 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I hope you are feeling better today!

@rwood566
    I hope they can find a reason and better yet, stop the dizzy spells.

@azkunk
    It is always so hard to get that right estimate for pizza. I usually go with the domino’s entries. Great job be mindful of your steps and meeting your goal.

@Bluetail6
    I have had several sleep studies over the years. I went to a sleep clinic and was hooked up to all kinds of wires. I do have sleep apnea. I used a machine to determine the flow rate I need for a month. I hated it so much I never went back to get my actual cpap machine.

@TheresaM787
    I am going to think about getting one. Maybe a good birthday present to ask for next month. I need to borrow the grandkids more often. They sure keep me busy. Being busy means better sleep.

@Poobah1972
    Has your doctor ordered a blood glucose or/and A1C? I would definitely mention this to him. Sounds like you have a good plan set out for your weight training.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Has your doctor ordered a blood glucose or/and A1C? I would definitely mention this to him. Sounds like you have a good plan set out for your weight training.

I'm actually trying to log in and see if my blood test results are in (on hold waiting for the next available associate... need a lab visit number. Grrr)... Unfortunately I had low blood sugar that day. Once i get the results, I will book another appointment and I'll bring my daily glucose readings with me. And see what they have to say. πŸ₯΄
This discussion has been closed.