Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hi @TheresaM787 ! I usually do my weigh-in before bed Friday (around 11pm est) so I'm thinking it may be better to say my weigh-in day is Saturday to avoid any issue of it seeming late? I'd still post it Friday night. Whichever works best is cool with me.
    Sure, that's fine. I'll submit the request for you to change your weigh-in day to Saturday, but feel free to post on Friday nights. Thanks for letting me know!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 230.6
    CW: 226.8

Still a couple of pounds up from my three weekends totally off plan, but tracked everything the past week (weekend included), and making progress in the right direction.

When I get a few more data points in the right direction, I'll post my MFP weight progress graph. It's a pretty good illustration of the impact weekends "off" can have on weight loss.

Happy Thursday!😎
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @lmf1012
    Wow, that's a wonderful shift in mindset (being disappointed that you didn't get a walk in)! More proof that your journey/adventure/lifestyle change is working for you πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@rlaskey2
    HUGE step day! As I'm typing, I'm so envious. I need to find a way to rework my day, to make sure I get in my steps before the evening, and the evening will be a bonus. I'm sorry to hear about your toe, that sounds awful. Your dinner sounds so delicious!! We are having chicken for dinner today.

@lindamtuck2018
    Thank you πŸ€— Yes, that's what I do. 🀩 I usually make a double batch of marinade for two dinners (separate and freeze one batch), then make another double batch of marinade for two more dinners, everything gets labeled with the marinade and date, and frozen. It makes dinner prep soooo much easier.
    Three out of four βœ…s!! I'm glad the MRI was a good experience, and that although the cognitive test was exhausting, you slept the night through. So glad that you had your walk and that you're getting your steps in. I have a crockpot taco soup recipe that I can send you, but you'd need to strain it for him to just swallow. Puddings. Scrambled eggs. That sounds so nice having an afternoon tea. Ughh, you just reminded me about housework- I didn't get to vacuum and mop yesterday. I need to get that done. You're a busy woman!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    20th May
    Steps: 10,320
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Walked around the zoo this morning. 2 hr 45 minutes. Even walked up the big hill I usually go down. Daughter pooped out first.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: Β»
    Walked around the zoo this morning. 2 hr 45 minutes. Even walked up the big hill I usually go down. Daughter pooped out first.

WIN... :)
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Congratulations on your weight loss, 53 pounds!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@rwood566
    That's a long time to be walking around! Love that you outlasted your daughter πŸ˜† Phenomenal loss over 102 pounds πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@Tazaria87
    Way to go Ashley πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ» Look at all those goals hit! Glad you had a nice evening with the kids AND that the cravings are going away πŸ€—

@roz0810
    Another huge step day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oh my goodness, I've always wanted to have that compulsion to clean. Although, I've been told I have it, I don't think so. I make myself clean different areas each day. I admire that you have the cleaning gene. I'm sorry to hear that the headache still didn't go away, hopefully it will be gone with sleep tonight. That's good to hear that the incision on the outside is better, hopefully the inside will heal soon. I know you are eager to get outside and start walking, and also to get back onto Keto. You've been so good about taking it easy during your recuperation period.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles βœ…
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only six cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 15,100

New personal best- broke the 15,000 mark 🀣 I went for a quick mile walk with my honey, and then a separate longer walk alone, and after dinner my daughter and I went for a two-mile walk πŸ˜„πŸ€© I love that she asks to go for walks now. She used to hate going for walks. I did get some of my to-do list completed, but not everything. I made the pie crust, but ran out of time to prep the peaches and make the pie. Tomorrow, will be a busy chore day, I hope to be able to get in at least one quick walk before I get too busy with housework. I think, I need to get up earlier 🧐

Happy almost Friday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Congratulations on your weight loss, 53 pounds!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

@rwood566
    That's a long time to be walking around! Love that you outlasted your daughter πŸ˜† Phenomenal loss over 102 pounds πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@Tazaria87
    Way to go Ashley πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ™ŒπŸ» Look at all those goals hit! Glad you had a nice evening with the kids AND that the cravings are going away πŸ€—

@roz0810
    Another huge step day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oh my goodness, I've always wanted to have that compulsion to clean. Although, I've been told I have it, I don't think so. I make myself clean different areas each day. I admire that you have the cleaning gene. I'm sorry to hear that the headache still didn't go away, hopefully it will be gone with sleep tonight. That's good to hear that the incision on the outside is better, hopefully the inside will heal soon. I know you are eager to get outside and start walking, and also to get back onto Keto. You've been so good about taking it easy during your recuperation period.

Thanks Lee.... My daughter vacuumed ...I laid on the couch... my headache got intense and I have been nauseous all day ughhh
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,612 Member
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles βœ…
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only six cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 15,100

New personal best- broke the 15,000 mark 🀣 I went for a quick mile walk with my honey, and then a separate longer walk alone, and after dinner my daughter and I went for a two-mile walk πŸ˜„πŸ€© I love that she asks to go for walks now. She used to hate going for walks. I did get some of my to-do list completed, but not everything. I made the pie crust, but ran out of time to prep the peaches and make the pie. Tomorrow, will be a busy chore day, I hope to be able to get in at least one quick walk before I get too busy with housework. I think, I need to get up earlier 🧐

Happy almost Friday!

Amazing steps ... you got over 20,000 WOOOHOOOO :):):)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @rwood566
    Thanks. She is having some pretty bad back pain and down into her leg from her sciatic nerve. She has other health issues as well. I'm hoping she'll feel better soon.

@TheresaM787
    Thanks. She's still having bad pain, so yes, it's tough. No rest yet, but soon I hope. Today I was there helping her from 9:30AM till 5PM. They set up some home health nursing, physical therapy and occupational therapy and two of them came today. One will come tomorrow. You made me laugh with your comment about when the doctors visit the patient:) Hoping my mom feels better soon so that I can get back to normal. You know what? That's my weight, so record it. I've got to learn how to do this when life isn't normal and when things are stressful and when I'm exhausted and when life is tough. I haven't done half bad, I guess.

@lindamtuck2018
    Thanks for the hugs. Yes, it is an awful lot of stress. I can't wait until she feels better. She still has her regular medical issues, but I can deal with those. I haven't had any me time in the last two weeks. None. My daughter and I were talking tonight and said that if the weather is good tomorrow morning that we will go for a long walk outside. It has been pouring rain and flooding here all week, but tomorrow is supposed to be better.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Amazing steps reported today. Grats. Check in for 5/20
    Steps - 8988.
    Calories - 13 and change. Probably more cause it's hard to calculate zoo food.
    Exercise - zoo. Watched the carnivores eating.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    Incredible loss! I would love to see your weight loss graph.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry your headache is intense still.

@Tazaria87
    Your willpower to get back on track both amazes and inspires me.

@rwood566
    Great job on meeting your 102 pound mark! You did so good today in many areas: walking up the hill, under calories eating zoo food and outlasting your daughter.

@Bluetail6
    Awesome loss! You continue to post amazing results week after week, well done.

@TheresaM787
    15000 steps is crazy! Congrats on a new Personal best! Walking with your family to help get those steps makes it sweeter.

@iradi8
    I hope the weather is in your favour so you can walk with your daughter. You need that time to decompress. Hope Mom starts to improve even more.

@mszoueb
    Love your insights. First of all your progress this year is incredible. You post losses week after week. Those changes in our bodies while slow are so exciting to see. I urge you to get a picture of when you started and one from now. Look at them side by side and you will be surprised at the differences. One thing I am personally trying to do is love my body as it is. I am trying to love every wrinkle in my face and my body as it is now. It is hard to stand in front of the mirror without criticizing butI am slowly starting to love me as I am.
This discussion has been closed.